z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Reviews: 2
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:55 pm
Dia-777 says...

My name is Dia or Thea, My passion is for poems, but I do still like writing stories. I live in Phildelphia PA.

Pros... I have to read over everything thing I write, and I must check it five times ;]

Cons... I'm not so spectacular with grammar or word choice :] But i try ..... it's my passion for writing that keeps me going lol.
LoVe Who YoU aRe ;]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:06 pm
HC says...

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

What kind of genres do you write for?

And don't worry about the grammar; if you post it here on the writing section, you'll find lots of people will give you handy pointers and help correct it!

Have a good time!

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:19 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

=P I'm glad you have passion for writing. XD Writing is awesome. And thisd is the perfect place for you if you have trouble with grammar and words. ^_^ When you post your stuff people will help you find grammar mistakes (the really wonderful and patient reviewers, anyways =P) and help you out if some words sound funny. :D People here are cool that way.

We really have only one huge rule that differs from other forum sites: for every 1 thing you put up for review, you have to review 2 other peices. That way we make sure everybody gets reviews. ^_^

Please enjoy the site! PM me if you have questions or need a critique. :wink:

We look forward to seeing you around!

^_^ Keek!

(I love your name by the way. Very nice. *steals it for a character*)
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:02 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hello and welcome to yws, pm me for any help
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:26 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! I'm BigBadBear, BBB, 3B, B^3, Jared or Jare-Bear. Whatever floats your boat.

I know that you'll just love it here. And hey, I sucked at grammar when I first came to this site. But within a month, it had improved a gazillion times. Seriously. As soon as you post your story, Dia, your writing will improve maybe even more than a gazillion times. I really hope that made sense.

As Sleeping Valor stated, we have a rule here at YWS that we must critique 2 things before we can post 1 thing. It's not that hard, really. As she said, it's to make sure that everyone gets reviews.

I can't wait to read your story! I'd gladly take a look at if once you post it! Just toss a PM (private message) my way, and I'll critique it ASAP.

Again, welcome to YWS! What kind of things do you like to write?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 am
KBrowlingmeyerFAN says...

Hi! Welcome! I just joined too. I'm Kiy, Chickii, KB, or really anything else, lol.

I used to write poems all the time, but I discovered stories are more my thing.

Reading over everything is a great habit to have, I need to work on that for myself. I think faster than I can write. X)

Don't worry about spelling. As my firned Gabbers says, "Don't trust anyone who'd rather be gramatically correct than have a good time."

lol PM me & we'll chat!

~Kiy
I'm Betting On Alice.

*Be*Ki*Al* 4EVER~<3

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 am
View Likes
casey_kent says...

Hi there!!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society!!

First thing first, please do not forget to read the rules and the FAQs before anything else. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. We are very strict about this rule as well as the other rules so please be in knowledge of them and please do not break them.

Ooh, you like to write poems? Me too! You can call me Casey by the way. I cannot wait to read some of your works!

If you have any more questions/concerns, feel free to PM(private message) me anytime!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:26 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hello Dia:) Welcome to YWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a crazy place, full of crazy people, but crazy awesome:)

I'm the same way as you; I love to write poems, but I still do write stories. How long would you say you've been writing? How did you find us here at YWS? I'm positive you'll be glad you did. You get such amazing feedback for your writing, especially when you won't show your writing to anybody you really know *blushes*

Passion is a huge part of writing, so that's really good, even if you think your grammar needs some work. As for word choice, there isn't always a wrong way to choose words. Sometimes it's just your style of writing, and if it's simplistic that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm forever running for a dictionary or thesaurus myself, so I wouldn't worry about it too much:)

If you ever want someone to review a poem or two, I'd be glad to volunteer my services:) Shoot me a PM anytime.

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 am
Jon says...

hey welcome thea!, you'll find that YWS is a really fantastic site and you will grow to love it, also you can expand your writing skills here too.

if you have any questions just pm me

---Jon--- :D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)