z

Young Writers Society

hi

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:38 am
matt195 says...

hey, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Matt, I'm 19 from England, and am currently doing research into writing a novel. Haven't decided whether I'm doing fantasy or sci-fi yet. Sounds lame i know but i can't decide.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:02 pm
Leja says...

Ooh, what kind of research are you doing? There's a whole forum called Research (under the Community forums) if you're stuck on a particular question ^_^ And the question of sci-fi and fantasy isn't lame at all. All too often, they're very very similar anyway.

Sooo ... welcome! Hope you like YWS and feel free to speak up if you have any questions.

See you around!
Leja

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:41 pm
Alainna says...

Hola Matt and welcome to YWS!! *hands out party poppers*

As Leja said, we have a whole forum for Research and many people here are willing to give help.

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu. There's loads of important info under there, including site rules. You can also pm me if you need anything - crit, chat, help - I'm always lurking about.

All the best with that novel - perhaps YWS will inspire you or help you decide whether you go down the sci-fi or the fantasy path.

See you,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:43 pm
Lilith says...

Ah, the great debate between sci-fi and fantasy. Personally, reading a beautiful blend between the two genres is all I can hope for. Anyway, welcome to the forums. The posts above have already advised trying your hand int he Research forum but just as well, if you have any research related needs, I'd be glad to help.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:57 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Hey!

Welcome to YWS. Don't worry about your novel, a lot of people can't decide at first. it doesn't sound lame at all. =P it's cool that you're doing research, that's something I never seem to have the patience for when I start only to wish I had later when I have to redo everything. >.<

If my vote counts, I say fantasy! ^_^ I'm not too good at sci-if, since I don't read any of the stuff. But seriously, maybe just try and come up with ideas for both and pick the one that has the best or the most?

=P Anwyays. Welcome again! I'm sure you'll like it here. PM me anytime if you have questions or need a critique (unless it's sci-fi. I might not be very good at helping withat that =P).

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Good to see a new face, Welcome! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. What's good? I'm also trying to write a fanasy or sci-fi story. Yeah, don't worry, it will come to you. I can't wait to read it and I hope you read mine!

If you have any questions or just need a friend, I'm here! Have a great time here and best wishes to you! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered