Young Writers Society

hey there

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:02 pm
colourless-rainbow says...

Ummm.
I'm a newbie (Y).

My name's Fran. I used to write a great deal, now, I rarely write anything, so I'm attempting to get myself into it again really. Planning on using the summer holidays to get some done... I'm from England, I like purple and sparkly stuff and sitting around in fields and parks and suchlike with my friends not doing a great deal.

So, yeah, just thought I'd come say hi.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:00 pm
Sapphire says...

Welcome to the site! I'm Sapphire.

I'm sure YWS will help you get back into writing! There's a forum for 'Writing Tips', which might help you out, and others for discussing poetry and fiction. In fact, there's a board for everything! What do you write?

The tabs at the top will help you navigate the site. There's 'Help and Support' on the right-hand side if you need it, but it looks like you've already discovered the 2:1 rule that we like on YWS!

If you need any help, feel free to send me a message!

:)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

9 Reviews

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 pm

hey =] I write mainly romantic and fantasy faction (or a mixture of both). You?

Yeah, I used to use a board similar to this one, but for younger people, so I'm used to having to do more crit than posting of my own stuff :) Still, not complaining, means we all (in theory) get more crit right?

Thanks for dropping by to say hi anyway.
I'm having a crisis, but I have no icecream... I need PROCESSED PASTA.

I prefer to live life as I wobble

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:47 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Fran! Adnamarine here, but you can call me Adna. Everybody does.

A mixture of romantic and fantasy fiction. Sounds like a perfect blend. That's one of my favorite things to read.

"sitting around in fields and parks and suchlike with my friends not doing a great deal." Sounds like an ideal way to spend time. I like going on long walks and then plopping down in whatever random place I find myself, to write. I write mostly poetry, and a few short stories now and then.

When you have 25 reviews, you can come to The Loung - a.k.a, our chatroom. It's a good place to get to know everybody.
Check out our usergroups, resources (tab at the top of the page), Squills - a monthly E-zine composed of articles, essays, and writing by members (tab at the top of the page), blogs, and generators (to find out what in heavens name those are, under the Community tab click on Downloads and Games). We have tons of amazing stuff here:)

If you need any help with anything, or if you want a review, give me a shout:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:56 pm
Slammoth says...

Wewlcomh!

Uh. Sorry, was eating there - Welcome to the community! And yay for purple and shiny. My fave color, that. The purple, not shiny...

Enjoy your stay!
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite -- getting something down.
~Julia Cameron

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:55 am
niteowl says...

Hurray for oxymoronic usernames! Hi Fran! Welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:21 am
Kyuubi says...

Hola and Bonjour! Welcome to YWS. It's been said before but I wanted to say it too. This site will definatley get you back into writing. I used to have the same problem. Anywho, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:51 pm
Alainna says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS!! You have a cool username by the way. :P

Ah, the great British summer - just finished year 11? How did your GCSE's go?

If you haven't already you may want to check out the stuff under the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu at the top. If you ever need anything at all - critique, a cup of tea and a chat, or some help - then just send a pm my way.

All the best with your writing and I hope you like it here.

See ya,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Nah, I've just finished AS levels, but, my birthday being in August, I'm still only 16. I'm the baby of the year *sobcrysob*

Oh, and I *love* long walks too :D

Thanks for all the replies, offers of help etc everyone =]]]]]]
I'm having a crisis, but I have no icecream... I need PROCESSED PASTA.

I prefer to live life as I wobble

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:50 pm
View Likes
Lilith says...

Hello and welcome to OZ.
or something like that.

The names Lilith, but if you like you can call me Lil. All the big tips have already been handed out but I thought I should just say Hello anyway.

Also, if your ever looking for someone to critique your works, just send me a PM and I'd be glad to read it. I'm a sucker for romantic fantasy, oh and romantic sci-fi and sci-fi fantasy and......

sorry, where was I.

oh, yeah, see ya around.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hi Fran! What's good? I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Purple is one of my favorite colors! My 16th birthday's color scheme was purple. It was pretty. Anywho, you seem like a nice girl and I hope you stick around the site. If you have any questions or need a friend, I'm your girl. Have a great time here and good luck on your works! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna