z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:43 pm
Toomak says...

Hello Young Writers! I am Toomak, also known as OBatR.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:01 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Hey, there! Welcome! XD

Read the rules, I guess.

Otherwise, party hearty.

=^.^=
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:54 pm
[deleted1] says...

Hello,Toomak! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:07 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Since no one else has asked yet, I'll ask for more info about you. What kind of stuff do you like to write? Read? Music you listen to? Other stuff?

Personally, I enjoy lurking around the Welcome forum and giving people gifts. Speaking of which, here's yours: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:18 pm
Toomak says...

Hi everybody, thanks for the warm welcomes!

I like to write mainly fantasy and science fiction. My favorite book series is Pendragon by D.J. MacHale. I listen to all kinds of music except rap/hip-hop, pop, and country.

That sums up a couple of questions, I guess.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:44 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hiya. I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Great having you here. I look forward to reading your works. Best wishes and good luck. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:27 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey, Toomak! Welcome to YWS! It's awesome that you love to read fantasy - there are a lot of writers here who share that same passion. In the literature forums, if you haven't already noticed, there are separate topics dedicated to science fiction and fantasy. Have you checked them out?

You may also enjoy the story books. That's a forum where somebody starts a story and leaves everybody else to finish it. Example: You start a Storybook, explain the plot, story, characters, and whatever else. You then post, "Josh walks into a store and waves to the girl at the desk." Another person posts, "I smiled at Josh as I watched him wander towards the science fiction movies. Suddenly, a slimy purple arm shot out among the shelves. Then another one." You then post, "Josh couldn't control himself, and before long, he soon turned into a large greasy monster with a gas problem." If you have any questions, PM me or go to the forum yourself. It's under, "Writing," "Read and Review," and storybooks is the second to last topic.

I like to explain the point system to all the new users. You see, Nate made up this rule, which I can see you've already become aware of, that's called, "review twice, post one." When somebody posts a piece of work, it's running them 100 points. The highest amount of points you can get for a post is 50. 50 + 50 = 100? And a heads up, you can only get points for posting in a couple select forums. First of all, reviewing, writing tips, the welcome forum... really, any forums that are dedicated to helping people.

So yeah. If you have any questions, any questions at all, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to help!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:52 am
moosiegirl says...

Hayy!! Schnipiadoodliadoodle and welcome to Young Writers Society! Ok first off... *air hug* lol kaa now that's over with :)
Pm me if you need any help or critique your work, you can't get too many critiques! Toodles for now :D
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow