z

Young Writers Society

Hey, There!

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Zdravstvuyte! I'm Professor Rabbit, known also as Rabbit, the Professor, Bunny, or really anything you'd like to call me. I'm a 20-year-old female resident of southeast Alaska, a government employee, a loving girlfriend and, of course, a writer. To give you an idea of my taste, here's a few of my favorites:

Books:
The Phantom Tollbooth
Watership Down
The Picture of Dorian Gray

Authors:
Piers Anthony
Robert Heinlein
Anne McCaffrey
Ray Bradbury
HP Lovecraft

Genres:
Science Fiction
Horror

What else?

I'd like to think that my talent with the written word is above average, perhaps even by quite a bit, and that I know how to string a good story together, but there's a distinct possibility that I'm fooling myself. XD I'm also lazy, so I'm not a very prolific writer. And I really can't think of anything else to say about myself, so I'm just going to post this. I look forward to meeting some friends on this site!

<3
Rabbit
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:58 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! Just so you know, we have a rule on here that you should review at least two pieces before posting your own. This keeps the forums in balance. For other important information, check out the "Help and Support" section.

Now HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:59 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

I generally make myself familiar with the rules before posting in a forum, but thank you for the advice. And the, um, smilies...

XD
-Master Shake

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:30 pm
Alainna says...

'Ello and welcome to the one and only YWS!!! *hands out free sci-fi books*

Good to see you've read the rules (you'll be amazed at how many new members don't...) and if you need any further help then you can go over to the 'Help and Support' section on the drop down menu.

Feel free to pm me if you need anything - crit, chat or help.

All the best with your writing and don't worry about being lazy; YWS is great for motivation.

See you,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Thanks for the welcome, Alainna. :) I may, in fact, PM you once I've posted something on this site, as I've noticed already, in my browsing, that people seem to complain often of having trouble getting reviews for their work.

That's if, of course, you meant it seriously, and weren't just being friendly. :P
-Master Shake

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:39 pm
Adnamarine says...

Oh! Ann McCaffrey and Ray Bradbury. Gotta love 'em. And Phantom Tollbooth. Great great book:D

Oh shush, I doubt you're completely fooling yourself when it comes to your writing abilities. If you can do it, you can do it:) And anyway, practice makes perfect and it sounds like you've been practising:) Besides, it's a good thing to have a relatively sound opinion of your own writing because if you're always bashing it, who would want to read it? All things considered, I'm sure you'll be a wonderful addition to this wonderful place.

That said, welcome aboard!!!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:40 pm
Rydia says...

Alainna is always friendly but she's equally serious so no worries there. Hello! We met briefly in your blog but I thought I'd add my two cents here as well =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Adna- Thanks for the welcome! I know I'm not completely fooling myself - I've seen bad writing, and mine is not - but I can't in all fairness call myself a literary genius either, so I settled for the middle ground. :P And, when people ask me what my favorite book is and I say, "The Phantom Tollbooth," they go, "what?" So then I say, "They made a cartoon of it where the kid goes from real life into a cartoon world like that one with the books ( the Pagemaster, I think?)." And they go, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Kitty- My blog? Oopsie, haven't even been back there since I put that post up! *vanishes to go look* Thanks also for the reassurance, BTW. XD
-Master Shake

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Rydia says...

That's okay =) I read your 'About the Author' too and if your writing's at all similar, you have a beautifully fluid and intriguing style of narration. And you're a very interesting person, much more so that my humble self. You'll fit right in.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:52 pm
Tatra says...

Hello, and welcome to YWS!! It's a great site, and very fun. You might also want to check out The Writers Society, for writers 18+. The Writers Society is also a great place. :D

Anyway, have fun here at YWS, and check out TWS, and PM me if you want a review. :D

- Tatra
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:02 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Thanks for the welcome, Tatra, and also for the link! I had not realized that there was a similar site for the older crowd. Well, I'll amend that statement. I knew there were sites out there, but none so closely related. I will check that site out soon.

Kitty- Aww, thanks, but I bet you're not as boring as you say you are. :) Each person is very interesting in their own right, no matter whether their actions suggest otherwise. Aside from that, I think my flow stems from an overdose of books as a child, but I'm not complaining! lol
-Master Shake

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:32 pm
ASH1397 says...

Welcome to YWS! As you know there are many writers here. You can send messages to friends that you meet and much more. I am ASH. And i like to introduce new people to new ideas. I hope that you enjoy your time here. Here's A hint: Some people on this site have had bad expereince with online chat so don't ask too much of personal questions. Well thats pretty much all that i can tell you if yo still need help PM [private message] Me any time you want GOOD LUCK!! :) :) :)
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:58 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Thanks for the welcome, Ash. :)
-Master Shake

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:11 pm
Pingu says...

Welcome!!

THe people here are great! You will fit in grand! Have a good time! :D:D:D:D:D:D

/m\ /m\

47 Reviews

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:14 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Again, thank you, Pingu. This site certainly knows how to offer a warm welcome to its newcomers. :)
-Master Shake

Well, if I can't get this chapter to work....at least I will have exercised my fingers.
— Kaia