z

Young Writers Society

hi

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 am
bunnie_i_am says...

Hi. I'm new! Sweet, right? Well, I'm not fast at typing so it takes me a while to get something done sorry. as long as i'm writing, right?
bye.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:47 pm
Layleun says...

Welcome Bunnie! I'm Lupe, welcome to YWS!

I came to say a few things.

Number one: It would be nice if you read the rules if you haven't already. The rules here are key to becoming a frequent member here.

Number Two: As you might have noticed, different people have different colored names. I'll explain the ranks before you ask =P

Dark blue: Regular members (you guys)
Light blue: Greeters (welcome the newbies)
Purple: Instructors (Help with critiques and writing skills)
Light green: Jr. Moderators (helps the site)
Dark green: Moderators (keep people in line: run the site)
Red: Admins (Gods of the site. They have complete power)
Orange: Distinguished members (The veterans. These guys were Moderators once but they had to quit for a reason)

Lastly, have fun. We're all nice here. None of us bite....too much. If you ever need help PM someone with a colored name. If you know someone who knows just as much and doesn't have a colored name, they'll be glad to help too.

Welcome to the Family,
Lupe

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:17 pm
niteowl says...

Um...what she said pretty much. Welcome Bunnie! Here's your gif:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044t:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:14 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hullo Bunnie!!

Welcome to YWS.

It's perfectly fine about your typing. The more you type the better and faster you'll get so no worries.

I'm Mizz Iceberg, but you call me whatever you please. And I'm here if you ever need any help.
I'm looking forward to reading your work and seeing you around this site.

A few rules that you should probably get familiar with right away:
All stories and poems must be rated accordingly. If they have vulgar language, please rate them as 'R.'

Keep all comments clean! For stories and poems, one may use vulgar language, but this is not the case with comments. All inappropiate comments will be edited.

Members are asked to withold on submitting work until they post two reviews. After one has done, a member can submit as much work as he/she may like, although it is requested that one keeps the ratio of reviews to work to at least 2 to 1.

This is a writers forum, and thus "netspeak" or "1337" is simply not allowed.

Be sure to check out the Guides and FAQs if you ever have trouble navigating. This site can seem confusing at first.

I'm sure you'll have have lots of fun here and also be able to improve your writing and help other improve theirs.

Last but not least, feel free to PM me if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Toodles for now!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:18 pm
Adnamarine says...

I see they've already given you the basic lowdown on the little rules we have here, so that's that.

Welcome aboard! It's always good to get some new blood here.
So what kinds of things do you like to write, hmm? Read? Do? Tell us some stuff about you.

If you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll do what I can:) Don't worry if this seems to get a little confusing. There are always plenty of people around to help:)

See you around!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:52 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey Bunnie!

It's fine if you type slow, it doesn't matter. You're right - as long as your writing, everything is awesome. Why don't you tell us what you like to write and what you like to read?

Reading your post in the "About the Authors" forum, you say you like to write romance and poetry, but you are unsure what poetry you like to write. Why don't you post some in the forums and ask, "So, what kind of poetry am I writing? Lyrical? Narrative? Is it good? How can I improve?" This is just about what we're here for - to improve the writing of others, and to express ourselves through words.

If you like to write romance, I suggest the Storybooks. It's a great writing exercise, but requires some dedication. A Storybook is a story somebody starts and leaves everybody else to finish. Here's an example:

In the forum, I start a storybook. I explain the plot, more in depth about what I'm about to write:

"Hey. This is a romance storybook. We're people at a mall shopping for christmas, and I start.

Jessica saunters over to the clothing section, fingering the various fabrics she walks by. Her sister is to hard to shop for; she never likes anything she gets her."

I write, "Joe walks into a store and smells something simply amazing. His eyes wonder to the source, and he spots an incredibly attactive women browsing in the clothing section. He floats over to her casually, "Hi."

If you still don't know what the heck I'm talking about, go look in the Storybook forums yourself - you can find them under "Writing," "Read and Review," And Storybooks is the second to last forum.

I like to explain this to all the new members: the point system. You see, when you post a story or a poem, you lose 100 points. The largest amount of points you can earn for a post is 50, because we don't want spammers getting a 1000 points for "hihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihih..." Although, with storybooks, when you make a storybook, its 500 points. But when you a post a response, it costs 5 points.

So, if you have any questions, concerns, or cries of outrage, just PM me and I'll help you!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:01 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hello! My name is Brooke aka blacktiger.Nice to meet you. If you have any questions you need to be answered or just need a friend, I'm here for you! I look foward to reading your works and I hope to see you later. Have a great time!!!!
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind