z

Young Writers Society

Reject!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:41 pm
patience_isnt says...

Alright, my favourite subject... Me!

I'm an odd-ball at my school. An outcast. A reject. You all know the type. The one that sits either alone at lunch or sits with all the other rejects. Rejects tend to be smart, quirky, they wear odd clothing and they rarely have "cool" friends.

I remember when I was little, and everyone was everyone's friends. We all played together, we all worked together, and we all knew each other. But when we all hit puberty together, we all broke into our own little groups. All the cool, rich, mean, girls together. All the sports playing, rich, boys together. All the nerds and geeks together. All the jock girls together. Etc, etc, etc. I didn't fit in with anyone. I was middle class and I definitely didn't (and still don't) enjoy picking on other girls for self-gain. I wasn't a jock, god help me in sports. I didn't have an inhaler nor could I stand talking about school all my life.

I was left out of everything; until Nick moved to my school. He didn't fit in with anyone else either. He wasn't rich, he didn't play sports, he wasn't extremely smart, so we hung out together. After talking with him for a while, I found out he was a writer.

And that's what I am now, too.

I've learned that being a reject isn't the worst thing around. You don't have to worry about stupid little things like everyone else did. All my worries were whether or not to kill of a character or finding a good title for my last poem. And most of my problems could be fixed with the help of my "reject" friends, who were all authors in the making too.

Most of them were much better than me, but I didn't mind. They helped me grow, and they still are. I may not be the best writer around, but I am learning and trying my best.

So, three cheers for the rejects!... Err, I mean, the authors!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:05 am
Night Mistress says...

That's me too. We can be rejects together.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:35 am
Aneke says...

I felt like there were a lot of benefits of being a reject - one of the biggest ones was that the few friends I did have in school have stuck with me through the thick and thin. There were only a couple but they were the real thing. Sounds like you're pretty lucky that way too, huh? They love ya for who you are.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:40 am
alwaysawriter says...

I completly agree. Too bad the rejects can't overpower the rest of the people; that'd be awesome.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:24 am
Jamie_rocks says...

I totally agree with you guys about the whole reject thing. In my opinion though, ti's more fun once you hit puberty and everybody's not friends. I don't know, it just adds and edge. But that's probably just me.

One question: Patience isn't what?
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:27 pm
patience_isnt says...

Jamie_rocks wrote:I totally agree with you guys about the whole reject thing. In my opinion though, ti's more fun once you hit puberty and everybody's not friends. I don't know, it just adds and edge. But that's probably just me.

One question: Patience isn't what?

patience isn't a virtue. My parents always told me that patience is a virtue, so I always said back that it wasn't. Now, it's just my username for a whole bunch of places.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:12 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Reject club!!
*parties*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 am
tori1234 says...

hey patience! you are so not a reject! you fit in perfectly with all of us!

let's have a reject party!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:00 pm
jok101 says...

It's a shame so many people on this site *okay so 8* veiw them selves as rejects if you have friend your not a reject your just not poupular *not meant to sound harch* and who's Nick are you two going out or is he gay or is it just a friendship thing :wink: * tell the truth* :shock:

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 pm
Fitharby says...

LOL reject party xD :D :D :D

It's just people can't see how much there really is to us ;)
This place makes me feel better because I'm among writers, people I identify with and feel a passion (strong word, but it's true) for writing, just like I do. In YWS you feel like you're among friends. :D
'Don't write for a living, live for writing'

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:17 pm
Imperatrix Xoco says...

To be entirely honest, I'm not sure if I should count myself as a "reject" or not. The way my school is set up, it's not so much in the standard hierarchy. We mingle. There are people who go about in their American Eagle gear and they still enjoy talking with me, and I them sometimes. I've got a few friends that might be classified as "popular," but that line has blurred so much that no one gives much of a hoot anymore. (:

At my school, you're whoever you are. Right now, I'm the girl with the bright red hair, the one that is smart and quirky and pays little attention in class yet still manages to do the best. People've called me funny and a good writer.

I dunno. xD Maybe I'm just a mystified reject.

But I must say, Pati (that's what I'll call ya now, if you don't mind ;)), I'm insanely jealous that you have writer friends. As awesome as some of my fellow classmates can be at times, hardly any of them write for fun. The ones that do are still stuck in the realm of squealing and shouting loudly at lunch and writing exclusively Naruto fan fiction. :S They're really not the sort of people I'd enjoy spending a whole lot of time with.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:38 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

I just moved but in my old school I wasn't a reject in my old school I was just weird but I had friends they were really nice. I had at least uh five at the most. My two best friends didn't go two my school one of them lived really close but didn't go to our school the other one lived far farther away, I only saw either of them about once a year. Anyway then I moved and suddenly I was the freak, I had always read more than was health, sang songs everywhere and did weird dances along with it but at this school I was the freak the weird girl who like books. People made fun of people who where generally nice to me and called him boyfriend ( I felt sorry for him he was nice and they kept calling me his girlfriend which is embarrassing since I'm the reject) One even went so far as to call me the b word which I do not appreciate. Anyway I had it rough so then I went and got home schooled so now I'm no reject because Its only me and my sis. Anyway I love being the weird one. I'm now friends with other homeschoolers and I'm no longer rejected. But I'll always be the weird one. Anyway I know the feeling. Boring you to death so I'll shut up now.

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 am
AllIneedisinspiration says...

I'm a reject and proud of it.......If it weren't for us the world would be..To plain! :)

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 am
asxz says...

hm mm, I'm not really a reject, I have 5-8 friends who sit with me at lunch... 2 in my class, 3 in another... etc.
I'm known in my year as: The girl who writes 14 pages when you are only supposed to be a paragraph, or, as my nickname last year: The MACHINE!
Basically, if I get a Merit (B or below for you guys in America) the whole school starts talking... I actually got a (10 minute) detention, in English because I was talking... LOL... 4h form English! I'd learn more from reading a kids book... actually, I might... *Brings out old copy of 'the hungry caterpillar'*

Anyways... WRITERS CANNOT BE REJECTS!
-You can create a whole lot of friends that will stick with you until the apocalypse... 2012, here I come!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato