z

Young Writers Society

Hi all

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 pm
sday1607 says...

A friend told me about this website, and whilst I originally joined with the intention of getting my stuff out there, I now see that building up relationships with fellow writers with critiques and comments is equally, if not more important to development as a writer.
Even in the 4 days that I've been here, I can see what a tight-knit community this is, and I hope to integrate and interract awith as many budding writers as possible!
Hates: rhymes that don't work.
Take a look at my stuff, PM me, or juust interract; it's all good!
Sday
Last edited by sday1607 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:27 pm
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome ^^

You may see becoming a part of the community as a downside, but if you just "want to get your stuff out there" then this may not be the place for you. (Not to scare you away!) YWS is build on a community of writers, reviews, and most importantly, friends. We have a policy of two reviews for every one thing you post, but you may have seen that already, and if not, I suggest you read all the rules, FAQs, Guidelines, and other things floating around the site that will help you.

I do hope you don't let our love of community turn you away! If you have any questions, or need help finding something around the site, feel free to PM me. What kinds of short stories do you write, since that is what you like? Enjoy the site!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:27 am
Firearris says...

Hello Sday, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more! Short poems are nice. ^_^

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:20 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Sday! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)
Tight-knit: you got that right. I'm sure you'll fit right in.

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:32 am
Snoink says...

Yes... we are rather tightknit. Though there's plenty of room for everyone. :) In any case, I'll take a look at your poems. I'm a little too thorough, but whatever. Too thorough is better than being not thorough at all.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 am
Gahks says...

Hey there from sunny England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); good to meet you!

What sort of genres do you read or write in? Romance? Sci-Fi? Adventure? Maybe crime, like myself? Do you have any hobbies or interests?

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:17 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey, what's up?

I just had to look and it shows you only have 9 reveiws but 7 posts of your work. *Someone else tell him of the rule. I don't want to.*

I like poems too but I'm not sure I'm any good.

See ya around,
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm
Demeter says...

Hi and welcome, Sday!

I'm Demeter from sunny and warm Finland. What's your favourite writing genre? In here, I've written mostly "Other Fiction" and a few poems. I like to keep things realistic in fiction.

Rules and Guides along with FAQ are really helpful, so check them out if you already haven't.

I'm not very creative at the moment, so I'll just stop now. PM me if and when you need anything at all from reviews to knitting instructions. See you around!

Best wishes
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew