z

Young Writers Society

Life of an actor...

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat May 31, 2008 6:14 pm
Love2act4ever says...

Hey...lets see.

I am 18, just leaving high school, which is scary me a little but I think I will be ready. One of my passions is acting. I love to be on the stage acting my heart out. I have been in all my high school plays since I have been there, and realize that I love being on the stage. I have been in "Up the down stair case" "Pride and prejudice" as Mr. Collins, "Suessical!" as Horton the elephant, "Tartuffe" as Oregon, and many others. I think I want to pursue my passion in theater after I leave high school. I also LOVE to sing! I was in "Guys and Dolls" as Nicely Nicely Johnson!!! I have been in chorus for 4 years and I LOVE IT! I am really going to miss it. Also, an inside passion I have is writing. I took a creative writing class for about 3 years. The teacher was CRAZY but I really loved the class. Check out some of my work when you can. I think that’s about it! xD
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:08 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Hey! Yeah, leaving high school is scary isn't it? I'm personally excited though. I'm ready to get away from my family. :P Wow, you're an actor? Stage fright is one of my weaknesses. I'm okay as long as I have a script or something, but improvisation gets me every time. I joined my drama class last semester in an attempt to conquer my fear; it didn't really work lol.

And I LOVE choir! I was in my show choir (singing, dancing and acting) for three years and concert choir for one year. My choir was like another family for me; I'm going to miss everyone. For some reason I don't get stage fright when I'm singing. It's weird.

Anyway, I've just babbled about myself on your thread, lol. What kind of books do you like to read? What kind of stuff have you written?

~Sunny
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

34 Reviews

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:20 pm
Love2act4ever says...

lyrical_sunshine wrote:Hey! Yeah, leaving high school is scary isn't it? I'm personally excited though. I'm ready to get away from my family. :P Wow, you're an actor? Stage fright is one of my weaknesses. I'm okay as long as I have a script or something, but improvisation gets me every time. I joined my drama class last semester in an attempt to conquer my fear; it didn't really work lol.

And I LOVE choir! I was in my show choir (singing, dancing and acting) for three years and concert choir for one year. My choir was like another family for me; I'm going to miss everyone. For some reason I don't get stage fright when I'm singing. It's weird.

Anyway, I've just babbled about myself on your thread, lol. What kind of books do you like to read? What kind of stuff have you written?

~Sunny

Well, I am excited, don't get me wrong. It is just all the stuff coming up with college and leaving my friends, is a little scary. Plus, my parents also DRIVE me crazy!!! Like, insanely crazy, but I love them.

I LOVE theater SO much. In my theater class, we play improv games, and I admit, improv is not easy. Not anyone can do it, and when it comes to comedy improv....even harder. I never really had stage fright. Plus I am near sighted so I can't see far away; therefore I can not see anyone in the audience really until the end of the show. Plus it's dark in audience until lights come up, and we take our bow. I think I love the adrenalin I get on opening night. It's so much energy coursing through my veins; I can't help but be excited. I also think the encouragement everyone gave me, helped me continue with it and grow to love it even more. My favorite part is when the play ends and you get to see everyone’s reactions. It is so heart warming and I don't think there is a better feeling in the world.

About show choir. I have NEVER been much of a dancer. I always "Try" to dance, but never felt like I could. So thins year, my friend wanted me to audition for show choir cause I had been in Madrigal Ensemble for 2 years, and concert choir 1. I auditioned and surprisingly, I got in and I loved it. I became a much better dancer and I felt it was like acting on stage, but singing wise. Granted....we weren’t that great, but it was just so much fun.

Books....lets see. I read the very typical "Harry Potter." I loved A series of Unfortunate Events, along with Artemis Fowl. I am mainly in to the fantasy type readings I guess, but Ill read anything...you know...as long as it doesn't put me to sleep.

As for writing, I love to write about anything. Recently I have wrote a short play (but it is long) titled "And how does that make you feel?" It's about a psychologist who helps people with problems, but doesn't realize her own are happening. It's a very funny, touching and moving script. xD
I also love to write poetry. I have "Anyplace but here" which is a dramatic poem about abuse. I also have "Life" which is a very uplifting piece. I am still writing things as I go and I am really starting to like this sight.

WHEW that was a lot! xD
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:44 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Sweet! Harry Potter's great; I actually read them for the first time this year. I own all the movies and finally decided, "I can't just NOT read the books," lol.

I know what you mean about your choir. We weren't very good for a while. But I think something sort of magical happened this year; we got a teacher who really loved what she did, and we got kids who were really excited, and....basically, we blew the roof off. :D We performed a "Footloose" medley for a couple competitions, and we pretty much rocked everyone's socks off. :D Ah, good times.

And I am envious of your near-sightedness lol. I wish I could just ignore everyone in the audience...I'm ok when it's a play, because as you said you can't see anyone, but in-class stuff just scares me. Especially if you're trying to be funny and everyone's staring at you like, "Are we supposed to laugh?" *shudders*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

34 Reviews

Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:07 pm
Love2act4ever says...

lyrical_sunshine wrote:Sweet! Harry Potter's great; I actually read them for the first time this year. I own all the movies and finally decided, "I can't just NOT read the books," lol.

I know what you mean about your choir. We weren't very good for a while. But I think something sort of magical happened this year; we got a teacher who really loved what she did, and we got kids who were really excited, and....basically, we blew the roof off. :D We performed a "Footloose" medley for a couple competitions, and we pretty much rocked everyone's socks off. :D Ah, good times.

And I am envious of your near-sightedness lol. I wish I could just ignore everyone in the audience...I'm ok when it's a play, because as you said you can't see anyone, but in-class stuff just scares me. Especially if you're trying to be funny and everyone's staring at you like, "Are we supposed to laugh?" *shudders*

Lol. Yes, Harry Potter is a really good book. I don't think the movies do it much justice, but I still watch them.

As for show choir, we just have people who love to talk about anything and everything. It goes with out show our choir does. He did "Step into the bad side, Opposites attract and few other songs. It was so much fun and I had a good time so that is all that matters.

Don't envy me for my near sight. I have to wear glasses when in class and when driving. It is not fun. I never got stage fright so I guess it doesn't matter with my eyes. I really want to get contacts. People rarely see me with my glasses though, because I NEVER wear them...
Scripts need love too!!!

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 am
Shafter says...

Hooray for actors! Method acting and fiction writing are quite similar, involving a lot of the same mind-sets and techniques. I enjoy improv even though I'm not great at it (my drama troupe performs at children's hospitals and malls, which is fun). I love seeing how the two art forms relate to each other. :-)

Cheers!
~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

34 Reviews

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 pm
Love2act4ever says...

Shafter wrote:Hooray for actors! Method acting and fiction writing are quite similar, involving a lot of the same mind-sets and techniques. I enjoy improv even though I'm not great at it (my drama troupe performs at children's hospitals and malls, which is fun). I love seeing how the two art forms relate to each other. :-)

Cheers!
~Shafter

YAY actors! I know what you mean, especially when it comes to role-playing, actors words can show right through. I used, to love role-playing, but that was a dark time in my past. I wouldn't sleep, I wouldn't eat. All I would do was type non stop. It was a VERY unhealthy addiction. I am doing much better now. xD

AW! You go to hospitals and act? Very nice! I love improv. There is this one group that goes around called "Comedy Sports" and I want to be apart of that. I am going to audition over this summer and see if I can make it in! =D
Scripts need love too!!!

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary