z

Young Writers Society

HEY xD

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat May 31, 2008 6:03 pm
Love2act4ever says...

Yo! My name is Josh, and I am kind of new here. I'm 18 and I am just getting out of high school and found this site, so I decided to check it out!
*WAVES AT ALL THE RANDOM PEOPLE*
HIIII!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Hi Josh! Welecome! You'll loove it here!

I'm kind of in a hurry now, so this will be very breif.

Be sure to critique two pieces before you post your own stuff, and read the rules and FAQs under the about tab.

What genres do you write? What are your hobbies? Interests?

New member...you know what that means...party!

:D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt060 :smt052 :smt044 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt008 :smt007 :smt015 :smt024 :smt035 :smt043 :smt051 :smt059 :smt058 :smt050 :smt042 :smt014 :smt006 :smt057 :smt049 :smt041 :smt032 :smt022 :smt013 :smt005 :smt056 :smt055 :smt054 :smt046 :smt047 :smt048 :smt040 :smt039 :smt038 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt021 :smt020 :smt019 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt004 :smt003 :smt002 :smt118 :smt110 :smt102 :smt092 :smt084 :smt075 :smt062 :smt063 :smt076 :smt085 :smt093 :smt103 :smt111 :smt119 :smt120 :smt112 :smt104 :smt084 :smt086 :smt077 :smt064 :pirate1: :smt113 :smt105 :smt095 :smt087 :smt079 :smt065 :birthday: :smt114 :smt106 :smt096 :smt088 :smt080 :smt068 :smt069 :smt081 :smt089 :smt099 :smt107 :smt115 :pirate2: :piratedthread: :smt116 :smt108 :smt100 :smt090 :smt082 :smt072 :ftw: :pirate3: :backtotopic:

*Edited to reduce lag- Griffinkeeper*

34 Reviews

Sat May 31, 2008 6:22 pm
Love2act4ever says...

WHOOO! I am so memorized by them all! xD

I like mysteries and fantasies, and I LOVE to read plays! My hobbies are playing a few V games now and then and hanging with my friends and sometimes reading or writing. I love music! I listen to mostly rock though. Classic/new/weird/ whatever….sometimes screamo, but not often. I also like to act, hence my screen name! =)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~William Shakespeare~
Scripts need love too!!!

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat May 31, 2008 7:29 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Josh! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to see you here:)

Just to let you know, before you post any of your work you need to write two reviews, and also keep your reviews versus works-posted at a 2:1 ratio.
A very helpful thing to check out is the FAQ.

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

See you around:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:16 am
myfreindsavamp says...

thunder dude does that get you a lot of points? :smt075 You cheater! :P

Hi Josh. Nice to meet you. This should be a good place to talk to fellow writers. What do you write?

*Waves at the graduate*

Hi,
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:35 am
Maybe says...

Hey Love2at4ever! Welcome to YWS! I'm Maybe, or May for short.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the site, or if you want a critique, feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to help! And check up on the FAQ's and Rules as they're a great way to get your questions answered as well. ^.^

Remember to review two other pieces of work before you post one of your own. That way, you'll not only be helping yourself, but other authors as well. And it'll help your work get more reviews.

Ok, basic greeting/info out of the way...

What is it you like to write? Read? What music do you listen to? Do you like salty or sweet things better? Land or sea? Strawberries or Bananas (if either)? Crayons or Markers? Cupcakes or Muffins? Pen or Pencil? What'd you have for breakfast?

Congrats on graduating!

See you around the site! Have fun, and good luck with your writing!

Cheers,

May la Be :smt039
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:16 am
thunder_dude7 says...

thunder dude does that get you a lot of points? You cheater!

Yep. Full 50!

Love2act4ever, speaking of points, they work like this:

Every time you post, you get points, depending on how long it was. The person with the most points every...erm...wendsday, I think, is the featured member.

I actually like acting too, though I don't really like rock music. Plays are pretty good, you know, when I'm in them :D

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:13 am
Jennafina says...

Hey, Josh! I'm Jenna. Welcome to YWS!

Congratulations on graduating high school! I'm a junior and three quarters right now (summer school is so much fun... really. -_-)

I've been a techie for two high school productions. On the first one I did a lot of set construction, and in the second I did the lights. I'd love to be a stage manager sometime, but I'm a bit too shy to try acting. What plays and parts have you acted? Did you have a lot of memorization to do? I'm really impressed by the actors I've met; they seem to be able to learn a script almost overnight.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:34 am
View Likes
casey_kent says...

Hey there Josh!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:42 am
Alainna says...

Hiya Josh and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you ever need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out as best as I can.

All the best and I hope you like it here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:39 pm
Gahks says...

Hey there from cloudy England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); good to meet you?

What sort of things do you like to read or write? Do you have any hobbies or interests?

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Congrats on graduating and look forward to reading some of your work!

Best wishes,

Gahks :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:58 pm
Demeter says...

Yo Josh! *waves back* I'm Demeter.

I think you're going to like it here. That is, at least if you like to write! What kind of stuff you write? Poems, fantasy, sci-fi...?

If you need any help, answers, reviews, or someone to talk to, I'm here. Just PM me and I'll do the best I can. Have a great time here!

All the best
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:40 pm
Love2act4ever says...

Wow. You all are so friendly. xD

Let’s see....where do I start?

Thank you, Adnamarine for the welcome. I will defiantly PM you if I have any questions! Also, feel free to review any writing I post. xD

Well ambercoultis, I write basically anything. I love to write poetry, and I have written 2 scripts. One one act play titled "The Rerun" that I also directed this year, and "Anyplace But Here" which I put somewhere on this site. xD

Thank you May. I love to write about anything. I also read anything up to Harry Potter and so on. I love rock music and I love a little classic every now and then, like sweet better then salty Land or sea, strawberries over bananas, and crayons all the way!!! I love muffins and I write in pencil so I can erase. I write really sloppy in pen. For breakfast I had eggs with some bacon and a glass of OJ. xD

Thunder dude,
SWEET! Another actor! I think plays are good whether I am in them or not. I LOVE New York city, just because of Broadway and all it has to give. I LVOE Wicked the musical and I am a big time actor. What plays have you been in?

Jenna,
The stage always needs techies; otherwise the show would not go on. Actors do it on stage...but techies do it in the dark. (I know sounds dirty...it's not supposed too xD) My friend Katie is always a stage manager. Go for it! As for acting, I have never been shy. As for memorizing, a thing called muscle memory takes place and that helps you memorize lines! xD I have acted in plays and musicals up to; Up the down stair case, Spitfire Grill, Pride and Prejudice as Mr. Collins, Cinderella, The Nerd, Suessical The Musical as Horton The elephant, Tartuffe as Oregon, and Guys and Dolls as Nicely Nicely Johnson. I have been in 3 one acts and I wrote and directed my own one act this year! xD

Thank you, casey_kent, for the welcome. (Man I am doing a lot of these! xD)

Gahks,
WHOOO LONDON! I have always wanted to go there. What’s it like? I have always loved British people's accents. No matter what, I have always fallen in love with them!!!

Demeter, I mostly write poems and a few scripts. My work, mainly revolves around reality rather then Sci-Fi, though I am a fan of Sci-Fi...well sometimes. xD
Scripts need love too!!!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Lynlyn says...

Woooo! Fellow actors! I'm an actresstechie hybrid. I was in The Pajama Game this year, and I worked tech for a few shows (my favorite this year was the Laramie Project, fantastic script). Also, Macbeth FTW - I memorized that one for English class. I just went to New York for the first time this year with my choir and loved it.

I can't wait to read some of your scripts - the play section REALLY needs some love. There's generally not that much activity there when compared to the other sections, so it's great to see someone else who writes 'em. I've started on a couple of scripts, but I actually lost the notebook they're in (isn't that embarrassing?) but as soon as I find it I'll post them.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

34 Reviews

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:59 pm
Love2act4ever says...

Lynlyn wrote:Woooo! Fellow actors! I'm an actresstechie hybrid. I was in The Pajama Game this year, and I worked tech for a few shows (my favorite this year was the Laramie Project, fantastic script). Also, Macbeth FTW - I memorized that one for English class. I just went to New York for the first time this year with my choir and loved it.

I can't wait to read some of your scripts - the play section REALLY needs some love. There's generally not that much activity there when compared to the other sections, so it's great to see someone else who writes 'em. I've started on a couple of scripts, but I actually lost the notebook they're in (isn't that embarrassing?) but as soon as I find it I'll post them.

I LOVE THE PAJAMA GAME! That must have been SO much fun. Also, I LOVE NYC! xD I don't really Tech to much, but when I get the chance I try. Yeah, I have noticed the play section doesn't have to much love. I really love to read plays, so when you find it do post. I really like to write plays, however, my grammar is not always the best. Thank God for spell check! xD
Scripts need love too!!!

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus