z

Young Writers Society

Hellos!

Reviews: 1
Thu May 29, 2008 11:54 pm
Ianthe says...

Hey peoples!

I'm Mel. I'm a huge fan of musicals and just singing in general.
I'm really happy I joined this forum, because so far, it seems like a really cool place. Here's hoping I end up loving it here!

Anyhow, writing-wise, I love creative writing the most (have been for a couple months now), but lately, I've been more into writing poetry. :D

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri May 30, 2008 12:04 am
wwjnd says...

Hi Mel...
I'm Jon, I just joined this site too... it seems pretty sweet... but yeah So far everybody's been really cool so yeah.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri May 30, 2008 12:07 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Wow! Isthis really happening? I'm the first long-time member to reply? YAY!

Anyway, if you have any questions about posting your work, navigating about, anything, PM me. There's a little button below my post, if you didn't notice.

Anyway, the community here is really great. You'll love it here. I would say that you should go up to the community tab at the top of your page and select "YWS Groups". Joining a group is a really great place to start getting out into the community here at YWS.

I hope you enjoy your time here!

Oh, lastly, what genre do you prefer to write?

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Fri May 30, 2008 3:48 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

I'm gymnast_789, but everyone around here just calls me gymnast for short.

I like musicals, and singing too. Do you do any singing yourself?

Well, I know that you'll end up loving it here. If you have any questions or need anything else feel free to PM me! Hope to see you around!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri May 30, 2008 4:03 am
[deleted1] says...

Hello, Mel! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Fri May 30, 2008 3:39 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Ianthe! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to see you here:)

So you're getting into poetry, huh? That's what I've mostly been writing lately, which I never thought I'd do. I used to hate poetry with a passion, mostly because of my English Lit class. I'm no good at the kind of poetry interpreting that they want you to do.

So, just to let you know, before you post any of your work you need to write two reviews, and also keep your reviews versus works-posted at a 2:1 ratio.
A very helpful thing to check out is the FAQ.

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hello Mel! I can tell that you have a big personality! That's good. Welcome to the young writers society!!!! :smt006 I hope that you will have a wonderful time here! See you later!
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri May 30, 2008 10:18 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey heads up before you post a topic as in story or yada yada yada you want to review 2 works and then do so.

Nice to meet you. I'm Amber. Sean maybe two musicals live and maybe three or four movies of musics, maybe more. Anyways I think there great and kinda funny depending on the topic.

Nice to meet you again and bye bye for now,
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat May 31, 2008 2:12 am
casey_kent says...

Hi Mel!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:48 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Mel, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you draw? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:08 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, Mel!

Wow, you're a musical fan! I absolutely love them, too! What's your favourite? I like especially Cats and The Phantom of the Opera. I like to sing, too, I just haven't taken any lessons so I have no idea what I sound like. :)

I really hope you'll enjoy your time here, but in fact, I'm pretty sure about it. If you ever need anything, reviews, help, someone to talk to, PM me and I'll do the best I can. See you around, Mel!

Best wishes
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:21 pm
View Likes
Thais says...

Ah! Mel!! I think this is the friend I know and love... by your icon at least... Sorry if this is someone else... ^^;

How ya doing? Hope you like the site! Told ya it was neat! ^_-

See around at finals tomorrow... only 2 more days!

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau