z

Young Writers Society

Allo!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed May 28, 2008 11:47 pm
Labenic says...

Not a very good writer, but I hope that joining this site and doing the activities will allow me to learn how to finish at least one of my works. Friend me if you want to talk or anything. I write poetry and some short stories and I live in Florida. I am also trying to find the rules and conditions again.
Kiss me, I'm obnoxious!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu May 29, 2008 12:01 am
Snoink says...

Rules and conditions should be in the information desk... there are several threads for it. But there aren't too many rules, so that should be fine. If you have any questions, the guys in green (including me!) can help you. :)

I wouldn't say that you're particularly bad yet, seeing as I haven't seen any of your work, but I've read some clunkers and I don't think anyone can possibly that bad, so yay for you! :D

Anyway, hope to see some nice poems and short stories from you! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu May 29, 2008 12:07 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Labenic! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to see you here:)

Before you post any of your work, you need to write two reviews, and also keep your reviews versus works-posted at a 2:1 ratio.
A very helpful thing to check out is the FAQ.

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

Hey and welcome to YWS!! Let us lot be the judge of how good a writer you are. :wink:

If you do need anything then feel free to pm me. The people with coloured names are generally the ones you can go to with a question. Also, there are the FAQ's and Guide in this forum if you feel a bit lost as well as some articles under 'Resources' on the drop down menu.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Fri May 30, 2008 4:04 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

If you have any questions feel free to PM me! Hope you enjoy it here! See you around!

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri May 30, 2008 4:10 am
[deleted1] says...

Hello, Labenic! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 pm
Firearris says...

Hello and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you draw? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:01 pm
Demeter says...

Welcome, Labenic!

I like your username. Where does it come from? Or is it a secret? ;)

I doubt that you're a bad writer, usually people feel that way about themselves and usually that's in vain. But I'll only see that when you post some of your work :D But this is a great place for even the best of writers to improve. Well, I can't really say that, we're all best writers in our own way, right? :)

Rules and Guides along with FAQ are very helpful, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to check them out! And if you want to know something you didn't find out from there, you can PM me or any of the people with coloured names (they probably know best). I'll also help all I can.

Also, if you want to have some reviews for your work-to-be, PM me and I'll check it out! :) Enjoy your time and see you around!

Best wishes
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author