z

Young Writers Society

Uh, Hi.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun May 25, 2008 1:55 am
shesarebel says...

Hi, I'm new here, quiet obviously. I read about this site in a writing magazine that I was reading in Borders that I didn't buy. I like writing fiction a lot but I have lots of trouble with it and I can't write for more than a few paragraphs at a time so I usually stick to poetry.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun May 25, 2008 2:10 am
Maybe says...

Welcome to YWS, Shesarebel! I'm Maybe, or May for short.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the site, feel free to PM me. I'm always glad to help. :)

Check out the FAQ's and Rules, as they're a great way to get most of your questions answered quickly. Also, be sure to review two pieces of work before you post one of your own. Here at YWS we like to keep a 2:1 ratio.

Ok, basics out of the way...

It's great that you decided to join YWS after reading about it. So, what kind of fiction and poetry do you like to write most? Do you like chocolate or vanilla better? Land or sea? Strawberries or Bananas? Pen or Pencil?

Anyway, enjoy your stay! And don't be afraid to ask questions. ^.^

-May la Be
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 25, 2008 2:32 am
Church says...

Welcome to YWS. I am Church. If you need anything or have any questions I will be happy to answer them. Whatever you ike to write you can post and have reviewed here. (Its like a bunch of editers stay on here. lol) Well welcome again and have a great time here at YWS!

Church
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun May 25, 2008 4:30 am
Parasky says...

Well I'm glad I got this kind of welcome...

Well, I'm new here too; I registered just today as well. I might as well tell you what I've learned;

-The bar at the top of the page is how you navigate anywhere as far as I can tell.
-Before you submit any work, you need to critique (and not just compliment, critique) at least two works.
-The ratio of work to critiques is 2:1.
-You earn points for posting things.
-Submitting a work costs 150 points.
Ignorant words are worthless words. And those worthless words that are spoken shall not be heard.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 25, 2008 12:29 pm
Church says...

Sorry Parsky but the Review to work post ratio is 1:2 Two review per work of your own. This way evyone gets a review on their work.

Church
-"When God gives you lemons, you find new God" YouTube.com
-If the world is going to end soon, so be it. It can end without me. Myself
-http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=364993#364993 When the World Stops Spinning

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Sun May 25, 2008 1:47 pm
Eimear says...

Welcome! You like to write poetry? I love poetry. Show us what you got then, hehe. I hope you settle in well, and, as always I'd be happy to help with any questions, especially poetry related ones.

Hugs

Eimear
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun May 25, 2008 2:31 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

hello and welcome to the YWS!! I am SimonCowellLuver. Hope you have fun here it is awesome. If you have any questions about the site feel free to pm me anytime.
Nice to meet your acquaintance.

See you around SCL
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun May 25, 2008 3:47 pm
Parasky says...

Church wrote:Sorry Parsky but the Review to work post ratio is 1:2 Two review per work of your own. This way evyone gets a review on their work.

Church

That's what I meant. 1:2, 2:1, I can't help it if I'm lexdysic.
Ignorant words are worthless words. And those worthless words that are spoken shall not be heard.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun May 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

Wow. It's cool to know our site is in managzines. ^_^

I'm sure you'll fit right in. if you like poetry, then you'll definitely find a lot of people willing to read and help you out. And if you want to try your hand at fiction, then don't be shy to post what you've got and add on later. I'm sure lots of people will be willing to give you advice on how to write more. :wink:

If you have any questions or need a crit, feel free to PM me anytime!

Again, welcome to YWS. This is an awesome site, so I hope you like it here.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun May 25, 2008 8:48 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review, I'd be very happy to oblige:D It just so happens that I major in poetry, at least where this site is concerned, though I won't claim I'm any kind of expert on the subject. Nonetheless, just shoot me a PM if you need the slightest thing:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon May 26, 2008 2:10 am
shesarebel says...

Maybe wrote:So, what kind of fiction and poetry do you like to write most? Do you like chocolate or vanilla better? Land or sea? Strawberries or Bananas? Pen or Pencil?

As far as fiction goes I write pretty much anything. I'm currently working on something that I would hope to be able to compare to Uncle Tom's Cabin or Grapes of Wrath. My poetry is a little Sylvia Plath or Maya Angelou-esque.

Vanilla ice cream, chocolate candy.

What sort of question is land or sea? I am not a fish!

Strawberries (duh).

Pen for fiction, pencil for poetry.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon May 26, 2008 4:48 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there! I'm Casey!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:28 pm
Firearris says...

Hello and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you draw? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl