z

Young Writers Society

Hello

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 am
View Likes
Parasky says...

Hello, you may call me Parasky. I'm obviously new here, I found this place when I was searching for some words to use a poem I was writing. I have lots of poems and stories I would like to share with you all, but I think I should introduce myself and get to know you all and this place first.
Ignorant words are worthless words. And those worthless words that are spoken shall not be heard.

5 Reviews

Sun May 25, 2008 4:39 am
Parasky says...

This thread is so lonely compared to the other warm welcomes around it...*shivers* This thread is so cold...
Ignorant words are worthless words. And those worthless words that are spoken shall not be heard.

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Sun May 25, 2008 5:38 am
gymnast_789 says...

Well I'll be the first one to welcome you! Welcome to YWS!

I'm gymnast_789, but most people around here just call me gymnast for short.

If you ever need anything critiqed or anything else feel free to PM me! Hope you enjoy it here! See you around!

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Sun May 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Sapphire says...

Don't worry, you only joined a few hours ago!

But welcome! I'm still learning about the site myself so I can't help too much at the moment, but I see you gave someone else information when you welcomed them so I guess you know the basics anyway.

Good luck!

Lauren

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sun May 25, 2008 3:29 pm
Gahks says...

Hey Parasky!

Welcome from warm, cloudy England! I saw your review of my work before I found you here; thanks.

What stuff do you like to read/write? I tend to write crime fiction and poetry, but at the moment I'm really into war literature ('proper' literary books, like Atonement and Birdsong, not all that tacky Chris Ryan c**p.) Do you have any hobbies or interests?

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Best wishes,

Gahks :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

5 Reviews

Sun May 25, 2008 3:41 pm
Parasky says...

Hello Gahks, greetings from the warm, cloudy American Midwest!

Well, I like to write science fiction and narrative poetry. If you read any of the poetry I posted, you'll probably notice that I do experimental/avant garde styles of poetry (like E.E. Cummings). My hobbies are history, art (painting and drawing), reading, writing (obviously), and video games. I want to be a designer of video games, I see them as an art form, I look at them like a story, one that's interactive.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun May 25, 2008 4:07 pm
Emerson says...

Yummy, ee cumings! I'll have to read some of your poetry in the near future an give my two cents. :)

Welcome to YWS! I'm sorry it took so long for your greeting party to show up. Sometimes we're a bit slow! But we make it here in the end.

If you have any questions or need help with something on the site, feel free to pm me. I see you write science fiction. Do you read science fiction too, or what kind of things do you like to read? I'm not big on scifi, so you probably won't get a fiction critique from me. :lol: But poetry, I can do that!

I hope you enjoy the site. :D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun May 25, 2008 4:33 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

lol. I like how you look at video games, and I completely agree. Some are better than others, of course.

I'm glad to see your welcome thread warmed up. =P I'd hate to think YWs was leaving people out in the cold.

I think you'll like this site a lot and I hope to see your work around! Feel free to PM me anytime if you need a crit or if you have questions! :wink:

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

5 Reviews

Sun May 25, 2008 6:14 pm
Parasky says...

Suzanne wrote:Yummy, ee cumings! I'll have to read some of your poetry in the near future an give my two cents. :)

Welcome to YWS! I'm sorry it took so long for your greeting party to show up. Sometimes we're a bit slow! But we make it here in the end.

If you have any questions or need help with something on the site, feel free to pm me. I see you write science fiction. Do you read science fiction too, or what kind of things do you like to read? I'm not big on scifi, so you probably won't get a fiction critique from me. :lol: But poetry, I can do that!

I hope you enjoy the site. :D

Yes, I do read a lot of scifi. Especially the Star Risk Ltd. series by Chris Bunch. I also enjoy Jules Verne, his work was scifi back in its day (I suppose it still is, seeing as it is fiction that is scientific). But my all time favorite scifi book would have to be Expedition by Wayne D. Barlowe. Thanks for the greetings!

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 26, 2008 3:46 am
JFW1415 says...

Haha, I'm not too fond of SciFi. But maybe you can convince me to give you a critique anyway...? :)

Well, I feel bad for the lack of welcomers, so I'm here to stalk your thread.

*Stalks*

Feel free to rant here! Write about anything - tell us it all! Favorite bands, foods, piece you've written, experience in writing, you name it! We're all ears.

(Us procrastinators have lots of fun reading up ways to stalk people in these welcome threads when we're not writing... :twisted: )

Just kidding. Kinda... :shock:

:lol:

Welcome to YWS! PM me for anything at all - I love PMs!

~JFW1415

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon May 26, 2008 4:42 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon May 26, 2008 10:28 pm
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey! I tend to get my share of sifi myself. I started another story of sifi after ai finshed one of my resent stories and then I left it in my older brother's friend's car! Ugh! well anyways back to subject.

warm, cloudy American Midwest!
I say the whole middle of the us is getting wet off and on a lot!

ya! Another to say hi of the drawing and such! I love to draw. :o

reading, writing (obviously),

Yes.

designer of video games, I see them as an art form, I look at them like a story, one that's interactive.

I have to say I do too...
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue May 27, 2008 4:23 pm
Aedomir says...

Hi man!

I'm Mark, nice to meet you. So, you do poetry then? Cool, what stuff do you like to write? I'm a bit of fantasy, well, Tolkien nut myself.

*waves from England*

Can you see me? No? Oh well! So, what genres do you like to write? You read Sci-Fi then--I don't read a lot of that myself, feel free to chat to me about the stuff you like to read :-)

See you about, if you have any questions, we are here to ask!

Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue May 27, 2008 6:12 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Parasky!

Welcome to the site, it's a great one. I'm sure you'll love it! And I'd like to read your poems, you could maybe PM me when you've posted some? :)

You can also PM me anytime you need something or just want to talk. I won't bite... at least not very hard.

See you around!
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue May 27, 2008 10:16 pm
GordonRamsayLuver says...

Hello I am a new member but welcome to YWS to I am trying everything out right now so I don't know what to say really so Good luck in all that you do.

Gordon Ramsay Luver :roll:
I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Your the reason why I download hate Icons!

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb