z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat May 24, 2008 3:40 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

Hi everyone! I'm Lizzie. I have wanted to write ever since I was about 5 so I was really happy to find this site! Before getting an account I read some of the stuff on here and it is literally amazing! Hoping that you guys can give me some constructive critisisms and ideas for improvement on my writing :D

thanks!

x
Last edited by happy-go-lucky on Sat May 24, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Sat May 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Kalliope says...

Hi Lizzie!

welcome to YWS! Glad you found your way to this awsome site and if you are wanting to improve your writing, get great tipps and feedback, this is your place.

You'll probably want to check out the rules of the site. There are also a couple guides for the sites, that may help you. If you have any questions, just PM me and I'll be glad to help you.

Looking for critiques? You can always ask for them in the 'Will review for food' section in the lounge and if you critique people's work well most likely they'll want to return the favor and help you with yours!

All the best and have tons of fun!
~Kalliope
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun May 25, 2008 4:38 am
Shine says...

Hey Lizzie!

Welcome to the Big Family of YWS!:D

Great that you did find out this site.I can assure you that you going to love it.
Warning:This site is addictive.

Going through the FAQ's would be helpful,and you will find it easy to move around.

See yo uaround then.

have loads of fun!:)

~Shine~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 25, 2008 8:25 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... literally amazing as in it being a literary work or it being literally amazing? ;)

But it's all good, no matter what case! I'm glad you're prepared to get whipped in shape a bit, though I am sure you won't need that much work. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun May 25, 2008 10:57 am
View Likes
Alainna says...

Hola Lizzie and welcome to YWS!!

If you ever need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out as best as I can. Check out the FAQ's and Guide if you haven't already.

Good luck with your writing and I hope you like it here.

All the best,
Alainna
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun May 25, 2008 2:40 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello Lizzie I am SimonCowellLuver. I would like to welcome you to YWS.
Before I get to the something funny if you have questions about the site feel free to pm me anytime.

Here is the funnies :lol: :smt020 :smt011 :smt010 :smt001 :smt002 :smt024 :smt034 :smt035 :smt040 :smt041 :smt031 :smt029 :smt046 :smt038 :smt074 :smt063 :smt072 :smt068 :smt049 :smt111 :thud: :mrgreen: :elephant: :smt003 :thud: :smt007 :smt048 :smt027 :smt093 :smt084 :smt056 :smt032 :smt013 :smt059 :smt051

Hope you enjoy them. LOL SimonCowellLuver :smt022
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun May 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Hola!

I like your energy. =P I sadly didn't start wanting to be a writer until a little later in life, probably when I started realizing I didn't always like the way the writers finished their stories. =P

If you want constructive suggestions and feedback, this is definitely the right site! Just remember our 2:1 (give 2 reviews for every 1 work you put up) rule and you'll do just fine. ^_^ If you ever need a crit, feel free to PM me!

Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun May 25, 2008 8:33 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiyas Lizzie! Welcome to YWS! *does a little jig* Very happy to have you here:)

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I major in poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to:D

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon May 26, 2008 5:12 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:27 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Lizzie, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you draw? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown