z

Young Writers Society

Greetings, Humanoids

Reviews: 0
Tue May 20, 2008 1:51 am
Bookworm says...

Whenever I do one of these introductory posts, I'm always afraid I'll forget something.

*checks notes, taps mic, clears throat*

Hi everyone,

I'm Bookworm, and I came here via a link on the Cubetoons forums (if you don't know what those are, you're probably better off that way :D). I've actually been looking for a writers forum for some time where people will actually READ my work and comment on it, so it's great to be here!

A little about myself: I'm a complete geek, so I write mostly scifi - with the occasional introspective gobbledegook thrown in. The name Bookworm comes from the fact that I used to be a bit of a speed reader - I read EVERYTHING and very quickly (at somewhere around age 8-9, I read the first Harry Potter book in like 3 hours).

Besides writing, which I'm told I'm fairly good at, I do a lot of programming and gaming. Pretty much anything beginning in 'Star' and ending in 'Wars', 'Trek', 'Gate' works for me as far as television (Futurama and Les Simpsones aren't bad either).

I'm also teetering on the edge of 'certifiably insane,' so I think I'll do well here!

Thanks!

Bookworm
If you see Bookworm, Bookworm99, or Bookworm9405 somewhere, it's probably me. If it's any other person, it's not.

For more of my random ramblings and writings, visit my website: Bookworm Technologies. Now with BLOG.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue May 20, 2008 2:02 am
myfreindsavamp says...

The first Harry Potter book in 3 hours?! :smt103

I could only get to chapter 3 before desiding to go onto another book...
sorry, but I am a Harry Potter Movie fan. :lol:

Nice to meet you [s]geek[/s]* :oops: * bookworm. I shall never be able to earn that name in my life! Although I love reading...

I'm not much into Star. Wars. And all that stuff so.... I have no idea what your taking about when you mean that stuff. Although I have cusins down stairs who would gladly tell me. :P
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

Tue May 20, 2008 2:04 am
Bookworm says...

I shall never be one of those people living in my mom's basement. I'm much too annoying for that - they wouldn't let me...

But thanks for the greetings. I'm gonna try my first story in the scifi section soon...
If you see Bookworm, Bookworm99, or Bookworm9405 somewhere, it's probably me. If it's any other person, it's not.

For more of my random ramblings and writings, visit my website: Bookworm Technologies. Now with BLOG.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue May 20, 2008 2:06 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue May 20, 2008 2:08 am
Poor Imp says...

Ah, well, the certifiably insane do insanely well around here, so no doubt you will fit right in. ^^

Welcome to YWS! It is--aside from Bedlam--a brillantly lucid sort of place.

What sort of science fiction do you write then? Favourite author?

Anyhow, welcome again. If you've any questions, feel free to PM me--or any of the moderators. They've got green screen-names.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 am
TNCowgirl says...

Bookworm,

that's one really long intro. Anyways.

WELCOME ONE WELCOME BOOKWORM TO THE BEST WRITERS SITE ON THE INTERNET!!!

I'm TNC, not that it matters. If you have any questions about the site then pm me and I'll see what I can do.

Bye for now.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 am
Bookworm says...

Thanks for the warm welcome. That sounds AWESOME.

Just a side question: The "reviews" counter increments when you R&R a story, yes?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue May 20, 2008 2:44 am
myfreindsavamp says...

I'm pretty sure they do.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

Reviews: 3
Tue May 20, 2008 3:26 am
cookie_pirate says...

Welcome to the forums Bookworm. :)
I am very sure you'd enjoy it in here as much as the others do. :)

I'll be looking forward to reading one of your stories.
"And so the Lion fell in love with the lamb."
Edward Cullens + Bella Swan

Twilight Madness.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue May 20, 2008 12:15 pm
melkor says...

Welcome!

-pokes-

Give me something to read or it's the dungeons for you!

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Bookworm says...

Thanks again for the welcome everyone.

As for something to read (like you'd actually want that on a writers forum, how odd...), I posted a story in the scifi area last night. Please to be direcktink your attentions to:

topic30453.html

I know, I know, I can use [pre][url][/pre] but that requires me to give the link a name, and I just woke up. Sheesh. It's like I have to do all the work :D

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue May 20, 2008 3:03 pm
Stori says...

Hello, fellow geek. I'm ok with "Wars" and "Trek," but not obsessive. :wink:
'Nyway, welcome.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue May 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Demeter says...

Hi and welcome!

I'm not highly interested in sci-fi, but if you're a good writer, maybe I'll give it a try. Just PM me if you need a crit.

Hope you'll like YWS as much as I do. See you around!

Demeter
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon May 26, 2008 11:44 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Ello Mate Me is SimonCowellLuver. Sorry my stupid accent going on hehe.

Welcome to the YWS!!!

I am SimonCowellLuver but its SCL or Simon I don't care for short. I am not much of a reader. But I love to write its a passion.

Hope you enjoy it here. I sure do. If you have any concerns or questions please pm me anytime and i will get back to you ASAP!!

Have a good day nice to meet your acquaintance!

SimonCowellLuver :shock:
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue May 27, 2008 12:06 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Bookworm!! Welcome to YWS! lol, certifiably insane:) You're right, you will fit in very well here:D

I know it might seem a little overwhelming at first, but this really is a fabulous place:) If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or something.

Oh, and of course if you ever Ever want a review (I mostly do poetry, but anything is fine), I'd be very happy to oblige:D

See you around, I'm sure. I'm sure you'll adore this site in no time at all:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief