z

Young Writers Society

hey people

Reviews: 1
Mon May 12, 2008 7:17 pm
ChildishKnack says...

hey whats up ppl!!!!! so im a newbie at all of this and i 've just created my website of articles....i need reactions to my written content, do ya guys mind taken a look at it?
http://www.freewebs.com/childishknack/

if you guys want to be featured on it as well let me know...due credit will be given:
childishknack@yahoo.co.in

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon May 12, 2008 9:38 pm
View Likes
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Um...first suggestion is that you don't speak chat speak. I'm pretty sure Nate addressed this, but capitalization and punctuation as well as spelling is very important. So...I would suggest not writing like this. lol. Just a friendly warning.

Okay, Welcome! What do you like to write? Do you have any other hobbies?

Welcome to YWS! Hope you love the site! Pm me if you have any questions.

Jamie

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Mon May 12, 2008 9:42 pm
Muteman says...

Yeah, I think I saw you somewhere else saying the same thing. Try not to flood topics with advertisements. But if you do like to write and whatnot, here's a groovy place to do it.

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Mon May 12, 2008 10:27 pm
Eimear says...

Hey, and welcome to YWS.

I agree, tell us more about yourself! Have you been writing for long? What's your favourite cold drink? Details, please!

:)

Eimear
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue May 13, 2008 1:12 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiya! Welcome to YWS!

As Jamie mentioned, we like it if you can mind your spelling, capitalization, etc.
Before you post any of your work, please do two reviews, and please keep reviews versus works-posted at a 2:1 ratio.

So what kinds of things do you like to write? If you ever want a critique, just shoot me a PM.

If you have any questions, let me know!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue May 13, 2008 1:52 am
[deleted1] says...

Welcome to YWS, Child. I'm Rick. Ah, yeah, watch the chat speak. Well, I hope you get a lot of help with your work. Also, for every two reviews you give, you can post one of your own work on the site. When you get up to 25 reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom.

Light blue names: Greeters.
Purple names: Instructors.
Light green names: Junior moderators.
Dark green names: Moderators.
Red names: Admins.

There's the different color names you'll see around the site.

PM me if you have any questions/concerns.

Bye!

-Rick.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue May 13, 2008 8:42 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue May 13, 2008 12:34 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there!

Yeah, tell us more about yourself! What do you like to write? Read? Eat? Drink? Anything! Haha.
Like Casey mentioned, this is an awesome site for young writers to get some critique, friends, etc. etc. So I hope you will enjoy your time here!

See you around!

Best wishes
Demeter
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 1
Tue May 13, 2008 3:28 pm
ChildishKnack says...

Whoops.....sorry!! As usual I enter with another faux pas under my belt....didn't mean to spam this place.....anyhoo I've just started writing online but have been burning pen to paper for years. I made my little website cause I wanted a newer platform for my work (Damn newspaper editors never publish me).

I like writing mostly about political topics and other funny articles.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue May 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Aedomir says...

Hey!

We have a debate forum full of political stuff, why not take a look? I'm Mark, by the way. Be sur to check out the FAQs. I noticed your avatar - it's from V for Vendetta isn't it? Maybe not necessarily but anyway - good film!

Nice to see you about, eh? If you want me to review anything, just let me know! Also, you say there is some stuff on your website - why not post it here? Get some feedback?

Enjoy the community!
-Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 pm
JFW1415 says...

Hello, and welcome to YWS!

First things first - what should we call you? Child? CK? Knack?

And what genres do you write in? Or read? Who's your favorite author - least favorite?

You can rant here - take advantage of it. :wink:

Just a suggestion: click the little 'edit' button on the top right hand corner of your first post. You can adjust it, and get rid of the chat speak.

Also, we ask that you don't swear, except when acceptable in your stories.

PM me for anything!

Welcome to the site! Don't worry - we don't bite! (Well, TL does...but that's another story. :roll: )

~JFW1415

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed May 14, 2008 2:19 am
niteowl says...

Hi there ChildishKnack. My name's Niteowl and I'll be your server for today.
Would you like to sample one of our Scrumptious Stories? Or perhaps you prefer a Palatable Poem? If you're feeling adventurous this evening, you could try something in the "Other" section. For dessert, we have several delectable discussion forums, including The Lounge and Randomness.

Please see the "About" section at the upper-right-hand corner of your menu if you have any questions. Now, here's Charlie with some appetizers!

HELLO, CHILDISHKNACK!!!! WE ARE DELIGHTED YOU COULD DINE WITH US HERE AT THE YOUNG WRITER'S SOCIETY!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed May 14, 2008 6:03 am
mizz-iceberg says...

HELLO! Welcome to YWS! I'll be sure to check out your website. But you know you can post your articles here and people will be very eager to give you feedback!
Just a suggestion.

Be sure to check out the FAQs, Guides and Rules of this site. And hope you have fun!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu May 15, 2008 9:32 am
melkor says...

A brilliant name I must say, welcome indeed.

I be Melkor, terror of the land,
send a pm, if you need a hand.

I like that one. :P

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 pm
Firearris says...

Hello and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? What do you write? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand