z

Young Writers Society

What's up, you guys?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:05 am
Barraz says...

I'm barraz, and, as you may have noticed, I'm new here. I found the site while looking for people to help me write for a blog-site I'm creating, but it seems like a site I could get into. How do you veterans like the site?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:00 am
Rydia says...

Hey there, Barraz, nice to meet you and welcome to the site! I'm not sure if I count as a veteran as I've been a member less than a year but the site's great! No member here will tell you differently because [s]they are afraid of the Big Brother Mod Squad[/s] it's the truth!

Haha. So why don't you tell us a little about yourself? Afterall, this thread belongs to you. What do you like to write? What hobbies do you have, interests in sport or music?

And if you have any questions or would like a critique, feel free to pm me. Enjoy the site,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:07 am
Alainna says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!!

As Heather already said, this site is great. The quality of some of the work on here actually scares me.

Well, if you ever need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out.

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:36 pm
Barraz says...

Let's see...

Well, I've been writing for the last few years, but over the last couple months I've really been devoting myself to it. I've won a few local writing contests, and competing was pretty fun.

Most of what I write is fiction, although I try to keep it pretty realistic. Occasionally I'll write something that's a little more out there, but for the most part it's pretty down to earth.

A lot of my inspiration comes from music. My favorite band is probably Nirvana, but I'm really down with System of a Down, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Really just anything that has meaningful lyrics.

...Of course, when it comes to meaningful lyrics, you don't get much deeper and heartfelt than Soulja-Boy.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:12 am
niteowl says...

LOL *starts doing the Soulja Boy dance very badly*

Charlie: Niteowl, what exactly are you doing? And what on earth is this Soldier Boy?
Niteowl: *shakes head* It's Soul-jah Boy, Charlie. He's a rapper. And this dance goes with one of his songs.
Charlie: They make songs out of tissue paper now?
Niteowl: No, it's like when people speak to the beat of the music
Charlie: So if I were to turn some music on and start announcing, I would be rapping?
Niteowl: Not exactly...You've heard "Slim Shady", haven't you?
Charlie: Of course. That cat's got some groovy beats.
Niteowl: Well, that's rapping, okay? Can we go on to the gift-giving now?

Okay, before I present your gift, I apologize for attempting to explain rap to a 75-year-old cheesy announcer robot in your welcome thread. Now, Charlie, got anything for Barraz here?

YO, HOME GIRL, YOU BET I GOT SOME GOODIES UP IN DA HIZ-OUSE!!! 'SUP BARRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? I GOT SOME PHAT SMILEYS FOR YOU UP IN HERRE, DAWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :smt035 :thud: :smt041 :smt028 :smt027 :smt062 :smt059 :smt068 :smt005 :smt065 :smt046 :smt082 :smt080 :smt031

Nite: *groans* Charlie, that wasn't necessary. Go back to being a cheesy announcer. It's what I built you for.
Charlie: Sorry. Guess I'm trying to get down with you youngsters too much.
Last edited by niteowl on Wed May 14, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:24 am
Barraz says...

lol, that was hilarious. I think I'm going to like it here.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 pm
keirab says...

Ah, Soulja boy. Such poetic genius! So inspired! *Mwah!*

Welcome to the site! I'm Keira. I don't think I'll be able to top what niteowl just did, so I'm not even going to try...

PM me if you need anything! I hope you like it here and I can't wait to read some of your work!

~Keira~
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:52 am
Gahks says...

Hey there from stormy England! (I know, the weather's awfully depressing...)

Welcome to YWS!

Hope you enjoy our company.

What genres are you interested in?

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

See you around!

Gahks (pronounced 'garks') :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:44 am
Monki says...

Veteran? Hardly. Ha ha.

Well, first, I'd like to welcome you to the site and tell you that there is no turning back from here. You have stumbled upon the site of no return. Lol. I'm just joshin' ya'. But, seriously. Now that you've joined, you're never going to want to leave.

Anyway, if you *do* consider me as a veteran, I have quite a large opinion of YWS. Here it goes:
1) YWS is full of some crazy, loonies. (But, they're my crazy loonies. Love you guys!)
2) This is the best site that I have ever found (I'm talking all sites).
3) I'd rather die than see this site die.
4) When you make friends here, you'll realize that they're not really friends, but siblings of writing.
5) I live, laugh, and love more, because of this site.

And, to top it all off, I had a very, very personal problem that happened about a week after I joined YWS. I couldn't hold it in, so I went to the chat to let it out to the random people in there, and those random people got me through it. I thought they'd tell me to buzz off, but no. They helped me. This isn't just a writing site. This is a miracle/healing site.

<3,
Melissa

P.S. Feel free to PM me about anything.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:05 am
[deleted1] says...

Welcome to YWS. I'm Rick. I hope you enjoy the site as much as we all do. After you get 25 reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom and talk about any work you're doing, ask for crits for anything, ask anyone if they have something they want/need critted, and/or just hang out in and talk about your day. Before you post your own work, you need atleast two crits. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/concerns about anything.

Bye.

-Rick.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue May 13, 2008 7:32 pm
Pundit says...

I prefer something older, such as Jim Croce or The Beatles. I don't know if I have ever listened to Soulja Boy. I don't really want to. :twisted: :thud: :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt020 :smt021 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :smt035 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt062 :smt063 :smt064 :smt065 :smt068 :smt072 :smt069 :smt074 :smt075 :smt079 :smt093 :ftw:
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Tue May 13, 2008 7:44 pm
Eimear says...

Heyhey from sunny Ireland! Is the weather bad in England? That's bad to hear...then again I'm doing AS Levels so my Mother won't let me out unless I've got my books in my arms, which I haven't...hence I am online...

Anways! Welcome to YWS!

You've won some local competitions? Cool. Hope you settle in alright. I'm always here to help anyway if you need it. Just PM.

*Eimear*
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed May 14, 2008 5:55 am
mizz-iceberg says...

WELCOME TO YWS BARRAZ!!

Yes YWS is awesome! It's addicting...
Great taste in music!

Well I'm looking forward to seeing you around the site.
Have fun!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu May 15, 2008 2:59 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 am
melkor says...

welcome barraz, if you could just leave your dignity and common sense by the door, oh and I'll take care of your soul, have nice day.

I'll certainley do any reviews you like, just gives us a ring!

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. "
"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
~Douglas Adams

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren