1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:44 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

And I want this to be on topic.
But we can't have everything.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:05 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

How is it off topic? That's some funless attitude you seem to have for this topic. People are talking about the Fair Folk, even if they are being a bit silly about it. You know how you can be one? Just believe that you are. Say it enough times, and it will happen.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:55 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Well I've said it seven times, is that enough?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

685 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:05 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

I don't understand why you keep coming to this topic, especially with that attitude. I would appriciate it if you either didn't come here, or let yourself believe in magic and enjoy it.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:54 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Sorry, I'm just extremely cynical. I think this entire thing is quite amusing. You can't do anything about me coming here, sorry! Just have to deal with me. I still find it hard to believe you actually believe this.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:30 pm
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

Ok, what i said sounds really childish, let me rephrase, i would want to be a half-elf if i had to choose.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

685 Reviews

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:50 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

Well, I find it hard to believe that people take the bible as literally as they do. But I don't make fun of those beliefs, and only ever critisize it if they use it as an excuse to hurt people (particularly "Spare the rod, spoil the child"). I also don't see what's wrong with believing in something that is far older than Christianity. Besides, if you knew why I chose to believe in these things, I doubt you would find it so amusing. There's no use in going into my whole life story, but let's just say that believing in the Fair Folk is better than suicide.

Shadow Knight, I don't see what's wrong with the way you said it the first time. People who let themselves compelet loose their child's spirit all seem so boring, miserable, or self-destructive. Anyway, you're only 13. Be a kid.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:10 am
View Likes
Nai says...

How much intelligence was there back when Christianity was formed?
And think how much they knew back when the belief in faeries started...

Oh, that's right, back in that time people thought the Earth was flat and believed thunder was a weapon God used against people when he was angry.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

685 Reviews

Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:36 am
View Likes
Rei says...

It's pretty arrogant to assume that just because we have a greater understanding of certain sciences that anient wisdoms must be wrong. Take Chinese medicine for example. It works just as well, if not better, than many Western remedies on the same problems. We really don't know as much as we think we do.

As for lighting as a weapon of God. Knowing how lightning works does not mean that's not what it is.

When it comes to the beliefs of the Celts and many other ancient cultures, according to the literature I've read, humans used to have a much closer connection to otherworldly beings, but because we're abusing the planet the way we are, and so many people are forgetting or not believing in it, they have been driftig away.

172 Reviews

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:08 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

Yep, being a kid is fun, you should try it sometimes :P La la la, it's a beautiful day outside, and i'm inside, there nothing to do outside, stupid high society :P
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:14 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

*bows* Yes, I remember you. This strange bio with the frequent interuptions explains about you too.

All I know for certain is the Easter Bunny is real. I've seen him and his footprints around. Thus my strong belief for Christianity -- if the Easter Bunny is real then Christ must be real. So could fairies... hehehe... *keffkeff* But let's not go into that in depth. ;)

Shadow Knight: Grow up. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

172 Reviews

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:21 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

Girls grow up to be women, boys grow up to be bigger boys.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:19 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Reichieru wrote:It's pretty arrogant to assume that just because we have a greater understanding of certain sciences that anient wisdoms must be wrong. Take Chinese medicine for example. It works just as well, if not better, than many Western remedies on the same problems. We really don't know as much as we think we do.

As for lighting as a weapon of God. Knowing how lightning works does not mean that's not what it is.

When it comes to the beliefs of the Celts and many other ancient cultures, according to the literature I've read, humans used to have a much closer connection to otherworldly beings, but because we're abusing the planet the way we are, and so many people are forgetting or not believing in it, they have been driftig away.

Some remedies maybe. Not that many though.

If Lightning is a weapon of god, then what does he have against tall buildings, golfers, and lightning rods?

Let's not forget that humans used to be disease ridden, muddy, and thought the world was flat. Learn from the old way, don't live it.

That's what I say anyway.

Hey, you asked for a debate.

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal