z

Young Writers Society

Party like a rock.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:59 pm
NG says...

Haha. Sort of random title, but I couldn't think of anything better. And I'm listening to that Party Like a Rockstar song by Shop Boyz. Don't ask me why D: I don't even listen to rap normally, but this song is so catchy, bahaha.

Anyways, I'm new! Well, obviously. I got here from a link posted at TW :D My name is Angie, hence the username 'NG'. I would have registered as Angie, but the handle seemed to be taken. I've just turned sixteen. In fact, I got my driver's license yesterday :) How exciting. Hmm.

I like to write! I guess that's why I'm here. I don't consider myself good or anything, but I do enjoy writing. And reading. I'm currently working on a short story...it's only ten percent complete, but it's a start. I also like music. A lot! I listen to music for a good portion of the day. Any genre is fine with me, but I like rock a lot. I also play the guitar. It's very fun. I like to sing as well, but I'm horrible, though that doesn't stop me from singing int he shower. Let's see...what else? Oh! I like art. It's my passion. I love to draw, illustrate, animate...I hope to pursue art in college and maybe become an animator or illustrator perhaps. I think it would be awesome to work for Disney or Pixar or something. Or maybe illustrate childrens books. I haven't taken any formal art classes yet, but I will soon! For now I'm just self-taught.

Sorry for the horribly long introduction. Anyways, hi everyone :D

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:09 pm
Emerson says...

Bonjour et bienvenue Angie

You'll enjoy the art section, I think ^_~ If you have any questions about the site or need help with something, feel free to PM me and I can help you out.

In fact, I got my driver's license yesterday :)
I'm happy for you! But do be careful? I just got into a car accident on Wednesday >< You can go see my picture of my car in the lounge. I totaled it. Horrible, huh?

which is why you should BE CAREFUL! ^^'
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:09 pm
Snoink says...

Yay! Somebody else who is self-taught! Are you homeschooled as well?

I'm Snoink (which is a very fun name to say... try it) though the name isn't really my name, but rather because I am slightly obsessed with pigs. Which is actually kind of scary, but whatever. I, unlike you, do not have a drivers license, so thus you are better than me. :) But we both are terrible singers, so mwha!

I also happen to be a scawy mod, so whatever.

Go to the art forums and post some of your pieces. I want to see your pretty stuff. And finish that short story! I love reading new stuff. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:10 pm
Teague says...

Deary me, that song should be destroyed. IMO.

Anyway, ahoy Angie! Welcome aboard YWS! :smt006

I'm Razorblade. Feel free to PM me with questions about the site, a request for a fiction critique, or if you just want to chat (I have no life so I'm usually online :smt042).

Hope you enjoy yourself here! ^_^

-St. Razorblade
The Unofficial YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:18 pm
NG says...

Claudette - Thank you, thank you. I hope I will enjoy the art section (: I'll be careful. When my sister got her license a year ago we both got into a crash x.X But nobody was hurt. Just the car, so I suppose we were lucky! Sad that you totaled your car :(

Snoink - Yep! But no, I'm not home-schooled. Haha, Snoink is very fun to say. I really like your avatar. It's so cute. Thank you for the welcome<3

Razorblade_Saint - That song destroys people...b-butbutbut it's so catchy ToT Haha. Hiya Razorblade! I think I saw your welcome topic on TW! Thanks for your message.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:24 pm
Snoink says...

Self-taught and carrying the responsibility of school? Dear me... you must be a superhero or something. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:37 pm
JC says...

Hey NG!!!

hehe, welcome to YWS!!!

(and that song is catchy, but I'm a hardcore rocker, so I musn't admit that lol)

What are your favorite rock bands? I also play guitar =D Yay for overplayed instruments!!! lol, but I'm not amazing...or really good for that matter, I just play. And sing. Really badly. =D hehe.

I hope to see your short story soon!!!!! lol
PM me when you post it so I'll have something to do with my life other than pacing around =D

Once again, welcome!

-JC

(Oh, and if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you out!)
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

Random avatar

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:44 pm
NG says...

Snoink - Well, because I'm on the computer so much, I procastinate tons with my homework and stuff XD It's unfortunate, but oh well! Haha.

JCobsesed - Thanks for the welcome! The guitar is fun, but now my fingers have calluses and stuff D: They used to be so soft~ Well, it's a small price to pay to be able to play an instrument! Hmmm, some of my favorite bands include Muse, Ozma, Jupiter Sunrise, Something Corporate, and others, haha. I also like music like Metric, The Hush Sound, Regina Spektor, etc. And I really, really like the Trans-Siberian Orchestra D: I went to see them a few winters ago, and it was so...awesome! I want to go again this year.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:25 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Enter my world. Notice the flying cheese balls of kitten fluff. If you wonder where you are, you missed my first sentence. If you are still confused, then welcome to YWS. The palm branches whistle in welcome as you move along the trench of newbiedom. Beware the CCF and always look both ways before crossing.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:54 am
Alainna says...

Hello Angie and welcome to YWS!!

Gosh, we could start a band of really bad singers at this rate.......the worst should sing lead........(that's probably me to be honest....or so people tell me!)

The Muse are good but I like the Chili Peppers!

If you need anything feel free to pm me!!

See ya,
Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne