z

Young Writers Society

Dyl Pickle

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:04 pm
Mr. Pencil says...

Hey hey, peeps. I'm new (no duh) and my name's Dylan. I do pretty much everything you can do on this site (read, write, draw, photograph) so you'll probably be getting a little bit of everything from me. :wink: I don't do poetry, though. No no never. *backs away from the poetry forum* We don't get along too well.

Umm... I'm 16 and live in the U.S. I have two pets: A cat (named Tabatha) and a turtle that I just got two days ago (named Crush). Before I get a million questions about him, I will say now that yes, I named him after the Crush from Finding Nemo. lol He's awesome, dude, just.... awesome! y(><)y lol

I really have nothing else to add, not right now at least. I write pretty much every genre, but I mostly do Fantasy. I cook, play baseball (just with friends, not on an actual team), and babysit. I guess you can say that those are the more calmer/softer sides of my life. :roll: Other than that, I'm out skateboarding, biking, or walking through the forest behind my house.

I'm an outdoor guy... which is why most of my drawings (more like doodles) will be outside. So, heads up right there.

Nothing else really to say, so see you all around!

-Dyl (lol yes like the pickle!)

p.s. You guys have some pretty rockin' smileys here. I mean... -> :smt044 :smt064 :smt062 :smt017 :smt072 :smt069 :smt068 :smt065 :smt075 :smt035 :smt026 :thud:

... oh yeah. I'm gonna like it here.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:16 pm
RED says...

Hey Dylan! I find it awesome that you're almost exactly like me only older, and you're a dude. Lol.

The only differnce is that i'm totaly not into Fanatsy, and i'm a poet.

Other than that, I think we'll get along just fine.

Anywho. Yeah, we hope you like it here. It's an addictive site. Almost impossible to stay away from us becuase that's how we roll. :smt006

Well, there's only one left thing to say

:smt068 <------ this is my favorite ;)
lol

Welcome!

xoxo
-Caitlin
Boys are definitely NOT worth your time.

Well, this boy wasn't.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:28 pm
Cade says...

Ah, pity you're not a poet. I pretty much live in the poetry forums. I like photography, though...are you into film or digital? They just ripped out the darkroom at my school, so I've sort of switched over to digital.

I have a kitty too! Her name is Lillian. I don't have a turtle, though, pity.

The awesome smileys are new. I adore them as well. :smt026
I like that one...he's just so perpetually caffeinated.

Hope you enjoy YWS!
-Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:43 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to YWS Mr. P!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:50 pm
Trident says...

Welcome Mr. Pencil. Intriguing name.

'Tis a good place on the web. One of my favorites, yes.
Perception is everything.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:14 pm
Teague says...

You know, I named my turtle the same thing for the same reasons. Small world. :smt035

Anyway, welcome aboard YWS!

The smileys are mostly new, by the way, good timing. :smt045

Anyway, I'm Razorblade. Feel free to PM me with questions about the site, a request for a fiction critique, or if you just want to chat. I have no life so I'm usually online. :smt023

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

-St. Razorblade
The Unofficial YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:22 pm
Snoink says...

Mr. Pencil... an interesting name. Do you prefer pencil, pen, or computer when you write?

With that said, I admire any guy who can cook (I can't, lol) and I demand that you make me a cannoli! (Or not...)

I like to critique fiction of many different types, so maybe you and I will meet very soon. I sometimes can be a very prolific critiquer. Also, I'm a mod, so that means you can bug me with any questions you have about YWS, and I'll answer you! :D

Anyway... try not to get too smiley crazy, eh? ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:39 am
sokool15 says...

Cheerio, mate! :smt006

Yes, we all love the smiley's too... :smt023 We've been having fun with them for a while. We're all on a smiley-craze, and start randomly inserting a small green guy shooting arrows into our stories. For illustration, of course.

Sweet, about the turtle. Funny, my brother has always wanted a pet turtle and a pet monkey. Boys...unfathomable creatures. No offense. :wink:

Anyway, welcome to the site, feel free to pm me for a critique or to ask a question, yada yada *echoes what everybody else just said.*

You're gonna have fun here, everything's great! I look forward to seeing your work.

Seeya lata, luv... :smt039

Yours most absolutely, the One and Only So-Kool 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:45 am
Alainna says...

Hola and welcome to YWS Dylan!

I have a cat too, he goes by the name of Gizmo as in the Gremlin.

The emoticons are starting to take over............

Well, if you need anything at all feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out!!

See ya around,
Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore