z

Young Writers Society

Yo, wassup peoples

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:43 pm
SOPF says...

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forums and the young writers' community in general. I'm an aspiring fantasy writer working on the rough draft to, what will hopefully be, my first book. I hope to find some interesting and creative ideas on this site.
Oh, and if I hear one more thing about elfs or dwarves I swear I'll just.................

PEACE

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:56 pm
Lady Pirate says...

Wecome to YWS SOPF

Lady Pirate
'My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.'

William Shakespeare
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:09 am
Sid says...

Hello Sopf,
I like the name, different eh? Anyways, welcome! I won't say pm me if you have any questions because I do that myself. So fantasy? Well, if you are looking for some insperation you have definitely come to the right place. These people are just so darn creative! :wink:

Can I ask why you don't like dwarves or elves? Fantasy and them seem to go hand in hand, so I suppose that is a bit strange.

-Sid
Was there only one world after all, which spent its time dreaming of others? -- Philip Pullman, The Subtle Knife

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:14 am
Emerson says...

Bonjour SOPF,

Is that an acronym for something? Is there something easier on the ears that I can call you? [Sopf doesn't have much phonetic value to it :lol:]

I'm with you, those elves and dwarfs and dragons... not that I read fantasy, either. But it's still cliché!

If you have any questions about the site or need some help with anything feel free to contact me.

I hope you enjoy the site, and find what you are looking for.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:23 am
SOPF says...

SOPF actually is an acronym for Son of Pure Fire, but you can just call me SOAP if you want. Oh, and I can't stand elves and dwarves because of both the cliche of them and the Lord of the Rings element they bring. I plan to shake up the fantasy genre with something new and original.
I am but a warrior seeking the greatest honor, a swift death upon the battlegrounds.

Random avatar

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:23 am
SOPF says...

Sorry about so many repeated posts. I posted these from my Nintendo Wii and it wouldn't tell me whether or not this post got through so I kept posting it. My bad.
Last edited by SOPF on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am but a warrior seeking the greatest honor, a swift death upon the battlegrounds.

Random avatar

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:24 am
SOPF says...

Wii
Last edited by SOPF on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 am
View Likes
JC says...

Hey soap! lol.

I'm JC (obviously eh?)

Anyways, welcome to the site. I too wrote a fantasy novel...of course it wasn't anything close to being publishable, so it's sitting on a shelf collecting dust. lol. I know how you feel about shaking up the fantasy world though. What I loved most about writing fantasy was that it gave me the best creatures, like servals, filenze, death flyers, soul keepers, all that jazz.

What kind of creatures have you thought of? I love it when authors bring something new to a genre =D
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:26 am
Alainna says...

Hey there Sopf and welcome to YWS!!

If you need anything feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out!

Hope you like it around here and find it as useful as I have!

See ya,
Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:47 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to YWS. Allow me to present my toaster as your express elevator. Pop up and out and you will see the entire ocean in my fishbowl. If you turn the fishbowl downside up, then you will find yourself covered in jelly.

Insanity is just a frame around a picture.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:12 pm
Snoink says...

Haha, same here. I want to slap anyone around who talks on and on about elves and dwarves. It's like... fantasy DOES NOT have to center around them, you know? In fact, that's a more European outlook on Fantasy, and I would like to see more that are worldly. I think I read a fantasy recently that had to do with Chinese folklore... pretty cool stuff!

Um... yeah. No more tangents. :P

Welcome to YWS! I am one of those weird people, aka mods that go around and make sure that everything is running. If you have any questions about YWS, most likely I can answer it. I also love fantasy so if you have any questions about that, I can probably flail around a lot until I come up with a satisfactory answer. Anyway, see you around!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler