z

Young Writers Society

Hello : "What's with the Name and Who Am I?"

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:31 pm
thethinkerofthoughts says...

Who am I? The anonymous thinker, a philosopher, analyst, critic, and above all a writer. Somone whose daily life is surrounded (clouded, or indeed enhanced) by the power of thought, one of humanity's best or worst but most important qualities.
In short, I'm a thinker... of thoughts: poetry, stories, scripts, whatever. Since "The Thinker" was rather plain and could already have been taken, I opted for aliteration and a slightly humurous twist on my name. I'm a thinker, and a thinker thinks of thoughts, right?
My hobbies include listening to music and thoughtful lyrics (from grunge and hard rock to reggae and acoustic songs) and also reading (mainly biographies and reality- based fiction. My favourite books are the "Noughts and Crosses" trilogy by Malorie Blackman and "No. 1" by Denis Bond.)
I take much interest in my writing, especially in poetry, and my mind is always full of ideas , most of which are put into short stories. (The majority of these are unfinished!
I am generally quite emotional, whether I'm angry, happy or sad. My writing style ranges from melancholy to humourous depending on my mood. I am new and hope to learn a lot from the more experienced in these forums, but have much to bring to the table myself, having visited many writers' forums beforehand. I joined this particular site because it was a smaller, friendlier community which is centred around my age group, which will be key in the development of my writing. I hope it will be a benifitial experience for everyone, including me. I'm looking forward to it. See you later and keep on writing!
8)

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:35 pm
Charlie II says...

Maybe this place is smaller, but it's the most active, friendly and equal of all the ones I know.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! If you need any help with anything at all you can PM anyone with a light blue name (the greeter peoples :D ) or even me! I guess that if you've visited lots of forums before, you won't have any trouble with this one.

Hope you enjoy it, and welcome again!

DarkLight
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:48 pm
Tempest says...

Hello thar! Glad you could make it 8) . Do I know you from somewhere ;). I'll be looking out for your work :)! If you need any help feel free to PM me too xD!

~Tempest
I mean, there was a serious international effort to say to Saddam Hussein, you're a threat. And the 9/11 attacks extenuated that threat, as far as I-concerned." --George W. Bush, Philadelphia, Dec. 12, 2005.... lol -.-

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 pm
Night Mistress says...

welcome to YWS!
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:43 pm
Lady Pirate says...

Welcome of YWS, I'll be keeping an eye out for you work!
'My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.'

William Shakespeare
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:09 am
Leja says...

Phew! I hope to see some of your thoughts around the site, then!

PM me if you have any questions or need any help.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:34 am
whence says...

Well, if you post your poetry, I'm sure we'll be seeing somethnig of each other :D
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:43 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!!

If you need anything at all feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out!

Hope you like it around here,
Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:48 pm
Fand says...

You write poetry? I chew poetry! What a coincidence. ^^ Nice meeting you, thinker; I'm a junior mod here, and always available to answer any questions you might have. Want a critique? I give in-depth, hard-hitting ones--I'm not quite the Simon Cowell of the Poetry Forums (that title belongs to another, also termed our Dr. House), but I'm certainly no Paula. ^~

Cheers,

Fand
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:10 pm
Fan says...

H E L L O

Welcome to YWS! :) Love your username. It's like something I would have chosen (I comtemplate things a lot).

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:39 pm
sokool15 says...

Ahahaha...sounds like you're going to fit riiiight in.

I must admit, I am relieved that you are, indeed, a thinker of thoughts. When I first saw that you were a thinker, I thought perhaps you were instead a thinker of something other than thoughts! *wide-eyed.*

I must admit that although I am not a deep contemplater of life, the universe and everything, I am very good at making up long, complicated sentences filled with meaninful words that, when dissected, mean nothing at all. So if you ever need useless assistance in your thought-thinking, let me know! :)

Yours most absolutely, 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:00 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hi and welcome to the YWS! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. ^_^

Hmmkay....I'll be honest, I didn't read your entire.....monologue. I got the general picture, though. ^_^

And I feel duty-bound to ask....

Have you been watching any science fiction movies lately? Or perhaps H2G2? :lol:

Ja ne!

sumi
ohmeohmy

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:11 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Hi The! Welcome to YWS.

PM me if you have any questions.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe