Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:25 pm
Duchess says...

The fateful day has arrived
I have emerged from my lovely TW to here
Sent by Ed to join a familigia someit

I'll tell you a bit about myself

My name is Evangelina, I am 15, and I love writing, music, travel, food, and culture. I am a Christian, but I am very open-minded. I am a Green Party member, a Greenpeace member, and I love the earth.
This does not mean I'm nice
If I like you, we'll be friends and if I don't then too bad. If you take offense at anything I say, then all the more power to ya. I have the attention span of a fly, but I work hard and I love being around people who are worthy of being around me.

So we'll see how this works, shall we?
Until next time,

The fantabulous Duchess F
Do you see my username? Take it to heart. Mess with me and I eat your liver. The end.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:38 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome, Evangelina! I'm Inkess, Inkster, Inky. I also go by Sumi. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the site :) Be sure to read the FAQs if you haven't already.

So what do you write, mainly? Who's your favorite author?
ohmeohmy

Random avatar

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:59 pm
Duchess says...

I write a mix of fanasy, sci-fi, and thriller. My favorite author is Virginia Woolf.

and yourself?
Do you see my username? Take it to heart. Mess with me and I eat your liver. The end.

280 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:05 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Oh, I like a little bit of everything. My favorite author is either Rowling or Arakawa. ^_~ I write a little bit of everything, too, mostly focusing on fantasy and sad little 1-shots. :coughRainingcoughLioncough: xD

Do you write any poetry? That thing up there looks like haiku, but I don't bother counting syllables.
ohmeohmy

Random avatar

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:17 pm
Duchess says...

Yes, I write free-form poetry, but Im afraid it's all quite rubbish.

280 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:19 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Ah, save your judgements of yourself for when someone else comments. I'm afraid humans either way underestimate themselves or overestimate. :shakes head:

You said you liked music, what kind? Do you play an instrument?
ohmeohmy

Random avatar

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 pm
Duchess says...

I play violin, I have for 10 years now, and I sing. I enjoy rock music mostly

you?

280 Reviews

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:25 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I've played flute for...wow, has it been four years already? Wo....Yeah, and I started teaching myself piano around last Christmas. I also play a D fife, but that's self taught, too.

I listen to a variety of things, mostly classical and piano stuff, mostly Satie, rock, Sum 41, Simon and Garfunkel, Loreena McKennitt....the only thing I don't really like is country. :? And German death metal. Ewww. :shivers:
ohmeohmy

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:02 pm
ennui says...

I'll bet you'll make a great critiquer.
Hello, I'm Melissa. Nice to meet you. :]

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:44 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:30 am
Alainna says...

Yassou Evangelina and welcome to YWS!

I'm into rock music too, Red Hot Chilli Peppers are one of my favourite bands.

Well, if you need anything at all and all the usual blah then pm me and I'll be happy to help ya out! :wink:

Hope you like it around here, we are more lively than TW to say the least.

See ya,
Alainna
xxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:54 am
whence says...

Duchess F*** [you] wrote:Yes, I write free-form poetry, but Im afraid it's all quite rubbish.

When you were emulating me it wasn't so bad :D

And why am I getting the feeling that being mentioned as the reason you came isn't going to bode well for me? xD
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:55 am
Twit says...

Hi Evangeline, hope you like YWS! :)

You like the earth? (Quick! Everyone go hug a tree!) As in, turn electricity so you can't go on the computer, save the skunks and make compost so the whole world stinks?

Nah, just kidding. Hope you favour us with lots of your poetry! When I try to write any, it comes out as something a Vogon would be ashamed to claim authorship to.

Your sig reminds me of the penguins in Madagascar. "Where are the people?" "We killed them and ate their livers."

:lol:

Have a good time seeing the sights of the site!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

280 Reviews

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:51 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

ShadowTwit wrote:
Your sig reminds me of the penguins in Madagascar. "Where are the people?" "We killed them and ate their livers."

LOL I love that movie!

You like the earth? (Quick! Everyone go hug a tree!) As in, turn electricity so you can't go on the computer, save the skunks and make compost so the whole world stinks?

Hey, we use compost over here ;) no calling us stinky!
ohmeohmy

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:10 pm
Saphira says...

Welcome Duchess F!

Hope you like the site and everyone on it. I love rock music too. what is your favourate band?

See you around!

Saphira

Love your signaure Baraness Ink. That's definatly my favourate line too! So good...
*Laughs**coughs**walks away*
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson