z

Young Writers Society

I'm here, I'm wierd

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:23 am
Rigel says...

Hello all, I had a bit of a saga getting signed up. 60-page error messages after I clicked registration.

...But that's all behind me. My first love was poetry, preferably rhyming, last summer I started writing prose, which rapidly escalated into a book idea. My dad is a published nonfiction author many times over, and my last name means "voyager" in a few romance languages.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 am
Emerson says...

Vous êtes le voyager?

Bienvenue, Voyager ^_^

If you find yourself getting lost or needing help of some kind, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out.

Enjoy the site! Oh, and forgive it for the error message, will you? Our site is having server issues because of it's size and activity. We just switched about a month ago, but it still is having issues and our main Admin is on a camping trip ^^'
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:09 am
Rigel says...

I got an email and I actually expected it to take longer. Then I registered and I'm loving it. Three pleasant surprises in two days, (I saw Xanadu the musical too) makes for a great week.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:10 am
Teague says...

Oy, is there no end to the complications of the summer? Remind me to poke Nate when he gets back.

Anyway, welcome aboard YWS! :D

Name's Razorblade, shorten or alter as you please. For a daily dose of insanity, press one. For a fiction critique, press two. For help around the site, press three. For an in-depth, sane, intellectual conversation, hang up and try again.

I jest, I jest. ;)

-St. Razorblade :elephant:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome Rigel! You're a star!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:22 am
Poltergiest says...

Hello and welcome n'stuff! Hope you get to lovve this site as much as I do. Anyway. Everyone says "PM me" and I mean it too but its so unoriginal. And again, its just me blathering on about nothing. So...

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:41 am
Joeducktape says...

Hi, welcome, and halo!

I read some of your stuff, and I'm sooo jealous. XD

Welcome to YWS. Most of us don't bite.
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:53 am
View Likes
whence says...

Joeducktape wrote:Hi, welcome, and halo!

I read some of your stuff, and I'm sooo jealous. XD

Welcome to YWS. Most of us don't bite.

I object to propaganda, even if it is pro-new growth.

:D

'Lo. M'name's Ed. I except we'll be seeing something of each other, if you do indeed take an interest in poetry.

Di ciao, mon ami.

And yes, that's both French and Italian, and it'd be futile to attempt to talk to me in either, seeing as how I'm useless in other languages. xD
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:41 am
Shadowsun says...

lol, propaganda.

Anyway, welcome to the site. I'm Shadowsun, and although everyone else has said it. PM me if you need any help. Cool, you're dad's a publisher.

See you around.

~ Shadowusn :D
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:52 pm
Alainna says...

Hello Rigel and welcome to YWS!!!

If you need anything feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to give you a speedy reply...(I'm on here daily).

See ya around,
Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:05 pm
Rydia says...

Hey there, it's nice to meet you. PM me if you're in need of anything,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:42 pm
Lynlyn says...

Rigel you're a staaaaar in the face of the sky.

Wait, that's not how the song goes.

Anyway, welcome to YWS, I think I've already read some of your poetry. Good stuff. Welcome aboard, and I hope I'll see you post even more stuff in the future.

Aaaaand I've always wondered: why is Rigel called the beta star if Betelgeuse isn't brighter? Wikipedia doesn't know, which worries me. Wikipedia is supposed to know everything.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:40 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

'Ullo' Ryjhel (I'll be calling you that, LOL, me and my geek family), welcome to the YWS! I'm Ink, Inkster, Your Inkyness, anything ink. <- that last one sounded like a ice cream flavor. LOL.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ^_^ or anyone else with teal, green or red names.

Ja ne!

Ink
ohmeohmy

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:03 am
Firestalker says...

Welcome To YWS Rigel.

Interesting Info :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx