Young Writers Society

The Most Satisfying Denouement

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:36 pm
Denouement says...

Hello YWS

My name is Liam.
I live in Greater Manchester in a small, sleepy town.

Also, i am 16. Though i have no doubt that you had already deduced that from the section below my avatar :]
I'm an atheist
I prescribe to no political party and my views on 'the issues' vary
Though i'd say i was a liberal person

Well, as a writer there isn't much to say, as i haven't produced enough work to analyse myself fully
I prefer First Person to Third
I have a problem with plotting. Not that i can't come up with ideas, but if i let them stew within my mind for any time at all then i begin to chip away at them; find all the faults i can with it until i grow despondent and give up on it entirely. I'm guessing that's why everything i've written that's ever gone anywhere is based on an incident within my own life.
That's why i find gonzo journalism very appealing, that and my desire to ultimately be a journalist for a newspaper.

I enjoy reading thrillers and anything that gives me something to think about.
I love reading well crafted short stories, something that is a dying practice in modern literature

At the moment, i'm reading
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Life Support - Tess Gerritsen

Then i'm getting my teeth into Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh and Mark Haddon's latest book

And to end my section,
Do the guys on Newsnight Review enjoy anything?
Everything they review they hate, i wonder what they're like when they actually enjoy something
:]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:16 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Hi there, it's nice to meet you. I'd love to work in journalism and if you have the right mind, I'm sure you'll go far. I'd never be able to manage it but I wish you all the luck in the world! And don't worry about thinking up plots, lots of people struggle to find an idea they like.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:02 pm
Alainna says...

Atheism is the way forward. Well, in my opinion... :wink:

Journalism is appealing to me at the moment as well, which is why I chose Media and Sociology as my options. So good luck in that field.

What's your favourite colour? Film?

All the best,
Alainna
xxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:40 pm
Firestarter says...

Where in Greater Manchester do you live? I'm trying to figure out a small, sleepy town in the area ...

Good to see a fellow atheist about.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:12 pm
Denouement says...

I live in Mossley, that's pretty much as small and sleepy as things get; i guess
Characters are people too you know!

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:56 am
weekend_warrior says...

It is apleasure to meet your introduction.

Don't be discouraged about losing your ideas. I know the feeling about having ideas chip away in my mind. I recommend carrying around a small pad of paper and writing down an idea the second it comes into my head. Then I set aside time later to revew all my ideas and try not to let then simmer in my mind when I'm not specifically working on writing.

All in all, its great to meet you and good luck with your works!

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket