z

Young Writers Society

Do vegetarians eat animal shaped crackers........???

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon May 07, 2007 4:38 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

Oh dear, I can't believe I'm going to sit here and talk about myself. Well, here goes....

I'm Alainna. :D I'm fourteen (fifteen in just under seven months) and I'm pretty ordinary I suppose. I'm here 'cos you guessed it........I like writing. My current piece of work is Lyla which is going ok. I used be into the whole fantasy writing scene but I discovered that I'm quite crap at that so my writing is more real-life issue based. (Did that make any sense or am I just waffling??)

Anyways...my favourite things.....

Song: She will be loved by Maroon5.
Film: Shawshank Redemption.
Book: The Butterfly Tattoo by Philip Pullman (READ IT!!!!!!!!)
Musical: Wicked
Colour: Turquoise
TV Show: Friends/ Scrubs.
Person: Anyone that loves me!!!!!!

Erm.....
Oh yeah...this is where I tell you my life story, right?

Born in London. Still here.....and yes it is raining as usual. I go to a school filled with sex crazed teenagers (me being one of them...lol). I adore my friends even if they are not talking to me....(no names)....

When I was 3 I was diagnosed with ALL (Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia) and as you can tell I got through that. I don't really remember it all that much, I was very young and my memory isn't great. I lost all my hair due to Chemo and that's about all I recall. Oh, and I used to run around as a 4 year old shouting 'Don't kiss me I'm neutropenic!' You have to speak to my mum if you want to know more about that.....

I got my cat when I was 7. His name is Gizmo, as in the Gremlin. I love him loads. That same year I became a vegetarian.

I have a scar on my left arm from where I was burnt with a saucepan last October.

I have brown eyes and hair and I'm very short. (Not even 5''). I have four piercings and want more.... I'm loud when I want to be and short tempered at times. However, I'm very loving.

So, I think I've bored you enough,
Please feel free to ask me LOADS of questions!!!
Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon May 07, 2007 4:44 pm
View Likes
The Jesseble says...

hey ho Alainna!

hah first one to answer! go me *waves small flag*

London eh? Not far from me and isn't the weather terrible?

Friends not talking to you? Well, they're missing out!

So...my question *drum roll*

*still a drum roll*

What is your favourite ice cream flavour?

Mine is vanilla! I love it *hugs vanilla ice cream tub*

Lub and peas

Jesseble
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon May 07, 2007 4:54 pm
View Likes
Via says...

Oh yay London! I am going here next summer, maybe you can give me some advice on where to stay?? ;]

Welcome aboard, even though you've been here quite awhile...welcome anyways! I tend to stick to reality works as well, although I've never attempted fastasy--I would probably stink at it if I did anyway hehe. I'm more of a reality person anywho.

See you around!

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

410 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 4:56 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

Hey Hey!!!

My favourite ice cream flavour......mmm.....has to be Mint Choc Chip. Or toffee. Or, have you ever tried Rose Water Ice Cream......yum!!!!!!!!

All this talk of ice cream is giving me cravings......I'm going to raid the freezer after dinner!!!

Alainna
xxxxxx

Got YWS?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon May 07, 2007 5:13 pm
View Likes
Jules the jester says...

I love Mint Choc Chip ice cream.

And I Love The Shawshank Redemption.

Wooo. welcome. I have all ready talked to you before now
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Tue May 08, 2007 4:59 am
View Likes
JC says...

I used be into the whole fantasy writing scene but I discovered that I'm quite crap at that so my writing is more real-life issue based

Too true Alainna, too true. I'm in the same boat as you on that!

Also, Scrubs is the best show in the entire world. Those people are my heros.

Also, I'm reading Lyla, and I love it, it's amazing. But I think I've already said it. I can't wait until you post the next section.

I went to London once...it was when I lived in France, and I don't remember it much, just that I was there. I don't think it was raining though...

Anyways...my question...

Is there anything like a nickname I can call you, other than Alainna? Nicknames are coolie.

Anyways, I love your writing! See you around the site!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue May 08, 2007 12:24 pm
View Likes
Lilith says...

You guys had to talk about ice cream, especially when we're oup. :cry:

Anyway, I love Shawshank Redemption and I have to agree with the scrubs thing. If I didn't have Scrubs, I also wouldn't have three outragously adorable (I didn't say hot, I go for personality) guy friends. We all three love the show and my guy friend/crush was the one who got me hooked.

Not the best place for my life story but oh well.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue May 08, 2007 12:30 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Wicked!
Booyah. I'm gonna see it this summer 8)
I hope Menzel does the movie, aye?
:high-fives Alainna:
I'm a 99.99% vegetarian....and I eat animal crackers (those things are so freakin' yummy...)
Mint? I haven't had mint in a while....
Rose water ice cream?! :scurries off to wiki it:
:high pitched voice:
OH, WIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...
ohmeohmy

410 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2007 7:05 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

Baroness Ink-- I think the whole rose water ice cream is Greek as I first had it in Cyprus, which is where my family is from. It's really scrummy though!!

Lilith--yay for scrubs, I even git my sister hooked on it! Oh, and a word of advice with that guy friend/ crush, if you two are close friends, be careful. I'm speaking from experience........

JC-- I don't really have a well known nickname; but some guys at school call me Laila and my classmates call me Leinar when they want a change. I didn't start either of them but they're kinda cool. You can call me anything though, as long as I know it's me you're addressing!!!! :D And thanks for the crit on Lyla!!!

Hey Steve, we have spoken before.....you like Shawshank??? Cool.

Write me, London isn't that great, although being a tourist in central London is pretty cool. Central London is the best place to stay....everything's right on your doorstep.

Anyways, thanks for the replies!
Alainna
xxxxxxxxx

Got YWS?

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Tue May 08, 2007 7:09 pm
miyaviloves says...

Alainna, i went to london the other day as my friend took part in Musicool on channel 4 (did you see it?) and we got invitged to the final performance. I got terribly lost in London :( I'm so used to little old Ipswich it was too big!

Love!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue May 08, 2007 7:36 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

I love London! I'm going there in June, can't wait. Gonna see all the tourist stuff, gonna go and watch The Lion King (my favourite :P)... Will be fun!

I also love ice-cream... Raspberry Ripple... hmmm...

Meevs, yes, I saw Musicool. I thought it was good, although a tad pointless, going through all those weeks just for one show. Was your friend actually in the performance? Which one were they?

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

566 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 5:26 pm
View Likes
miyaviloves says...

yeah she was in it, Axe girl! I would love it if they did mroe shows but i dont think they are going to :(

Everyone is tlaking about Ice-cream here, i used to work in a n ice-cream parlour called i-scream. Cool eh? lol

Alainna when is the next Lyla coming out?

Meevs
x
Last edited by miyaviloves on Thu May 10, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bag.

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 5:38 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

I didn't see the final of Musicool but I saw the odd one on a Saturday morning.

I'd love to see the Lion King; it's my favourite Disney but I haven't seen the musical....

Oh about Lyla.............

Not for a while. I've got my SAT's this week and internal exams next week so I haven't had time to do much typing. Plus this weekend is my Mock trial Competition Round Two, so I'm extremely busy!!! Hopefully I'll do some soon though as I miss writing so much, stealing a few minutes once a day on here isn't enough!!!!

Alainna
xxxxxxx

Got YWS?

566 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 pm
View Likes
miyaviloves says...

Good luck with your SAT's then m'dear!

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:07 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Hi again Alaina. Just thought I'd come read this... Scrubs is awesome but nothing can beat Ben and Jerrys cookie dough ice cream. Or there's the chocolate fudge one, or fish food, or toffee crunch... You get the idea anyway!

Gud luck with your SATS and see you around...

luv Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'