Young Writers Society

*incoherent mumbling*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:53 pm
tjmk says...

Umm… Hi, my name is Josh.

*Listens to chorus of “Hi, Josh!”*

Yeah, and, um, I have a god-complex, and a multiple-personality disorder, (I told you not to say that!) [Be, quiet! Let ‘im say what ‘e wants!] And ADD- oh, look! A butterfly! And I have ideas and aspirations brimming out of my left index-finger knuckle! Or maybe it was my right earlobe. I can never keep those two straight, you know.

In other words, I am a writer.

So, yeah… anyways… I kinda, sorta, sometimes write, when I get around to it. But I also do a bunch of other stuff as well. (Occasionally to my dismay, but I usually end up enjoying the things I get myself wrapped up in even though it means that I have almost absolutely NO freetime!) *huff*

"Other stuff" would be a lot of artistic outlets, such as drama and choir, as well as being really involved in my church youth group. (Most of the time.) [Hey! You leave him alone! He's a good kid!] (...most of the time.)

School happens at home, though I do take several classes "off-campus". I live in a house with a father, a mother, three sisters, one brother, three cats, several fish, twenty-two instruments, and a partridge in a pear tree. (Where did that one come from?)

Interests, you ask? Hmm... :twisted:
An obsessive Star Wars fan, am I, yes… bordering on insanity. (Though I have yet to join the 501st Legion, so some of my mind perhaps retain do I, yes…)
In general, I just love science-fiction and fantasy. I'm working on writing a fantasy novel. [He's a few chapters in, but he's got a loooooong way to go.] But I've got plans and ideas for about a dozen other worlds... it's kind of annoying and distracting at times.

So yeah, you may see me around here on the boards. I hope so at least. As I said earlier, I keep myself busy, but I'm planning on making this site one of the things I can be busy with.

So long, for now...
-tjmk
Last edited by tjmk on Tue May 01, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue May 01, 2007 12:40 am
Meshugenah says...

STAR WARS!

*screams*

(translation: I just be getting back into SW, and I love it. And it's fun to argue with the NJO books! *whistles*)

Anyhoo, welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to send 'em my way.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue May 01, 2007 4:18 pm
Shafter says...

Everyone, this is my friend Josh. Say hi to him and be nice, because he's been known to assasinate anyone who gets in his way by beating them over the head with his cello. :twisted:

*Waves*
Hi Josh!!

Lovely, dahling, and very eloquent. Much better than "Hi, I'm new." ;)

Have fun!

~Shafter

P.S. Love your sig. :D
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue May 01, 2007 7:56 pm
Alainna says...

Hello there Josh and welcome to YWS!!!! *Eyes Shafter tensely and checks for any cellos....*

If you need anything pm me...I'm happy to help, although I'm sure you'll be fine!

See you around,
Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue May 01, 2007 7:59 pm
Ofour says...

Lollergaggings.

'cello rules.

Welcome and generic hello stuff.

Gurby
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

5 Reviews

Tue May 01, 2007 9:23 pm
tjmk says...

Hey, all, thanks for the welcoming.

@ Meshugenah, have you been reading the Legacy of the Force books about Jacen Solo? If so, what do you think of them?

@ Shafter, oh great, now my cover is blown. :D
But yeah, I be dangerous with a cello, cuz! Although, I've also been known to use a serving spoon, a hat, or a walking stick whenever the occasion calls for such... devices...
(heh... heh... heh...)
[Careful, friend.]
(*glare* you always ruin my fun...)
I'm glad you like my signature, Shafter. I find it quite fun as well.
(I wouldn't count on it staying around for long, though. He has a tendency to be... discontent, in that way. Hmm... perhaps that was not properly phrased...)

@ Alainna, don't worry, I doubt anyone here deserves the vicious cello treatment, yet... except perhaps Shafter for blowing my cover and revealing my secret identity! 8)

@ Ofour, yeah, I think cello is pretty cool as well. Do you play cello, or do you just like the way it sounds?

Right, well, once again, thanks everyone for taking the time to listen to my *incoherent mumbling* I know it is not much, but yeah, it's cool being here.

That's all, for now...
-tjmk
"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue May 01, 2007 9:28 pm
Emerson says...

Seems I haven't gotten around to bidding you welcome...

Bonjour et Bienvenue!

Choir, you say? I love choir. Singing is so enjoyable! Fantasy? I write some short stories in very odd fantasy. Otherwise I stay far from the area. And I'm not much of an SW person, forgive me?

I'm glad to see you! You seem like a rather excited new person. If you have any questions or need help around the site or...anything of that nature (or not. I'm almost always on.) PM me and I'll do my best!

Enjoy.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue May 01, 2007 9:56 pm
Twit says...

*laughs like Scooby-Doo* You sound interesting. Nice and random, and a SW fan and a general fantasy/sci-fi fan! *pats on the back* Keep up the insanity - all of you.

Hi to 1st personality!

Hi to 2nd personality!

Hi to 3rd personality!

Hi to any other personalities that may be lurking in the dark and mysterious corners of Josh's mind!

And cello, cello is good! That's what Jack Sparrow's theme is played on. :wink:

-Twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed May 02, 2007 1:27 am
Meshugenah says...

haven't gotten that far, yet. I'm forcing myself to at least skim most of the NJO books before I move on to anything else. Though I'm sorely tempted to just skip them all, since I know basically what happens, anyway. But now I'll have to go see if the library has those :P
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Wed May 02, 2007 3:26 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Yum, a Star Wars fan. Course, I doubt I'm anywhere near as big of a fan as you. I've only seen the movies but I still love the series.

Freakin' order 66. -_-

Very spiffy that you have so many instruments.
I'd be happy just to be able to play ONE! I tried flute but...that didn't end so well. *cough*Beat it against my stone porch in rage.*cough*

Hope you enjoy yourself around here and feel free to message me.

Especially if you play videogames. ^_~

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

5 Reviews

Wed May 02, 2007 4:00 am
tjmk says...

All righty then, we're just going to do another mass-message reply.

@ Claudette, parlez-vous francais? I don't.
I love choir and singing in general. It is awesome.
It's okay, I forgive you for not being a Star Wars or fantasy fan, such things are not for everyone. Although I would encourage you to see all six of the Star Wars movies if you have not already.
As for being excited, I'm always like that, really. Except of course when I'm not, then I'm... well... not. :wink:

@ ShadowTwit, thank you for the compliment. Although, I'm not as random as you think I salad.
I think a fourth personality emerged from the scorching daylight of my twilit mind in the past couple days as I've been posting here. They choose the weirdest times (heh, heh, heh...) [Stop it...] to come out.
Actually, I just played Jack Sparrow's theme with my orchestra as a part of a Pirates of the Caribbean medley at our spring concert last week. It was fun.

@ Meshugenah, there are a few fun things that happen in the NJO books. The Solo kids are particularly enjoyable at times. Unfortunately, it is made out to be this grand, epic, galaxy-shaking series of events... and then they forget about it all in the following books.

@ luna_the_shiekah, I would like to point out that I do not personally play all twenty-two instruments. Lately, I've been fortunate to practice with one or two each week. And that includes my voice, which has been under the weather the past couple of days.
I used to play video games obsessively. I don't play nearly as much now, due mostly to lack of time, but also due to the fact that I am finding them more and more to be a waste of time. I still enjoy playing once in a while, and I can rave about a new game's gameplay, graphics, storyline, etc. just as well as anybody else. It's just now I prefer to spend my time doing other things. [Like writing?] (Let's hope, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of haunting his mind and these message boards like this.)

That's all, for now...
-tjmk
--Ambrose Bierce

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed May 02, 2007 6:27 am
Shafter says...

GO, JACK SPARROW'S THEME!!!! (I get to play it too, on my violin.) :D
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Wed May 02, 2007 1:37 pm
Ofour says...

"Ofour, yeah, I think cello is pretty cool as well. Do you play cello, or do you just like the way it sounds?" - I play it all the way, for the better part of eight years.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed May 02, 2007 10:33 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Welcome!!

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri May 11, 2007 1:32 am
EstelPax says...

Hello Josh!!!
Just thought I'd stop by.

Alanna
Hope for Peace

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk