z

Young Writers Society

Electricity comes from Other Planets!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:36 pm
Electric Tangerine says...

Er...So I'm 17, but I still feel like I'm 16, and all my friends are 18, and 19, with the exception of BFG who is my age. I'm a junior in high school in this backwater town in New York. Unfortunately all my friends are graduating this year, except for BFG so I'm doomed for a year of mostly loneliness. Our school is really small...everyone knows everyone's first name, and if they don't know that they know their last name, and if they don't know that they can infer that they are either a Snyder or Burdick. :D

I'm a recovering emo writer. I'm well past it now, and hopefully my poetry is actually good now as opposed to massive rants caused by mild depression and hormonal upheaval :roll:

I dance! I've taken ballet lessons since I was 4 which means-13 years. BFG dances with me too. I want to be a dance minor or major in college, and I want to try lots of new kinds of dance, especially modern.

I like psychology. I'm interested in social psychology too, and personality psychology (if there is such a thing). Not to sound strange, but I'm not really interested in being a psychologist or helping people, and psychiatrists piss me off beyond belief! (no offense to psychiatrists, I'm sure you're all wonderful people, I just don't understand your job). I'm more interested in theoretical psychology, like Freudian and Jungian especially. However: Freud was off his rocker, and probably just needed to get laid, and Jung needed someone to pull him back down to earth.(<-My opinions) Jung's base ideas were really good, but then he lost me with omens, and alchemy. So yeah there's that.

I have no cable, but I can watch movies and I LOVE movies. Some of my favorites are: Amelie, M, Rocky Horror (and all other drag queen movies including: La Cage Aux Folles, Priscilla: Queen of the Desert, Victor/Victoria, Kinky Boots, etc.) that's enough for now.

I'm a bit technologically impaired. Frankly I'm amazed my iPod has survived since Xmas without being dumped in a toilet or anything dumb like that. That said: I impulsively deleted my myspace account which I was using as a storage facility for 70% of my poetry. You can image my "Oh sh*t" moment when I realized I'd forgotten to copy and paste some of my favorites, including this TOTALLY amazing poem about James Dean. So my current project is trying to re-create a lot of my poems. I write in weird ways and they make sense to me but I guess other people don't like them or understand them or something. *shrug* oh well.

I'm a role playing addict. It's terrible. My cousin was actually embarrassed of me for telling her about a World of Darkness campaign I had once. *sigh*

Books: I went like a whole year where I didn't read almost anything, and that sucked. So now I'm back. My favorite writers are: Hunter S. Thompson, Tom Wolfe, Ken Kesey, (you might be noticing a pattern)...and then Terry Pratchett!
People are generally nice, except when you give them anonymity...then you get a**holes, hence the internet -Benji.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:35 pm
McMourning says...

Electric Tangerine wrote:I like psychology. I'm interested in social psychology too, and personality psychology (if there is such a thing). Not to sound strange, but I'm not really interested in being a psychologist or helping people, and psychiatrists piss me off beyond belief! (no offense to psychiatrists, I'm sure you're all wonderful people, I just don't understand your job).

Actually, there is personality psychology. I'm studying that right now. It's an analysis of how stubborn you are, how self-centered you are, etc. For each one there is a different type of test you can take. There are books that just have psychology tests!
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 pm
Electric Tangerine says...

*jumps up and down* YAY! It's just like Xmas! Sweet! *runs off to find them.* I'm also interested in abnormal psychology or criminal psychology.
People are generally nice, except when you give them anonymity...then you get a**holes, hence the internet -Benji.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sat May 12, 2007 5:28 am
BFG says...

And if they're a Burdick, they change their name daily. (Sorry, but he follows Nora to her locker-which is right next to mine-every bloody morning and insists on her guessing his new name. And then tells her that the movie he took it from is his favorite movie, but he can't remember what it was about. A few days ago his name was Johnny Cash, and before that it was Rocky. His favorite movie was Snakes on a Plane. I'm sorry, but that was valuable U.S. History study time! Guess I don't need to worry about that now though...)

Love ya (except for your Freud obsession),
Samophie
“It is one of life's bitterest truths that bedtime so often arrives just when things are really getting interesting.” - Lemony Snicket

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind