z

Young Writers Society

The Very Disgruntled Phorcys

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:27 pm
Firestarter says...

This is not about other people -- stop distracting the issue. Claudette and Incandescence are not related to this.

I've already told you what you did before the "Hunter Incident" so you would do well to read above.

Your offence was dealt with, but you have shown no improvement -- ie. this thread. Boasting to members that you were a moderator. Assuming an attitude of arrogance in many posts. Writing critiques about twenty words long simply saying "I don't like this, it's cliche and not very good" with no examples to back-up your opinions.

Besides that, it is not neccesarily what you did, is is also what you haven't done. The criteria for being a mod is chosen by the admins, and we decide who should be picked -- Nate didn't choose you; in fact, the only reason you were there in the first place was because you were a Mentor. The Mentor group was to be replaced by the Junior Mods, so we could say you were there by default. Nate has chosen me to be an admin because he trusts me and knows I can do the job and help the site -- I thought you weren't good enough. Sorry, but that's life.

The phrase "throwing his toys out of the pram" keeps coming to my mind.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:39 pm
Swires says...

If you look around you will see my critiqueing skill are nothing short of excellent matching many others. Im sure Dream Deep, Claudette and many other members will vouch they have received excellent critiques from me before and During my term as Moderator. I have NEVER boasted about Modship - a green colour was nothing to boast about and modship itself is nothing to boast about. Its a position of responsibility.

And I think Incan and Claudette are very much part of this issue, you CANNOT and are refusing to answer a direct question. That means that I shall assume that I am right and have caused your loss for words.

And I was not there by default. I applied with a thorough app, twice actually - accepted both times. THe second one was an extension. I shall soon make all conversations available and will be asking for thread copies of the Jnr Mod Forums. So! Nate did choose me.

I dont believe you have told me what I have done before the Hunter Incident at all.

The fact you at a loss for words and dont even know that Nate selected me highlights your paradoxical and rather contradicting points in this topic.

"The phrase "throwing his toys out of the pram" keeps coming to my mind."

again you insult me. WHy so? Im having a civil discussion and you are not.

Arrogance? Really Jack, Im not an arrogant person. I am confident but never arrogant. I infact feel you are being arrogant here.

There is NO consistency. Me and Incandescence did similar "wrongs" and we both have been punished differently. So much for justice.!
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:53 pm
Firestarter says...

No, there are many things I could say about how Claudette and Incandescence, I just didn't think it was relevant.

Just because I don't does not mean I cannot.

My mistake about the applying process. I'm sorry that you were accepted and this was then taken away. But like I said, that's life. It's how you deal with disappointment that shows you as a person. This, so far, has not been good for you.

Besides, there is a difference between being personally selected and being accepted through an application process. Nate receeded his decision because of numerous complaints in the Moderators forum. People were against the decision. We showed him examples.

Also, saying you are throwing your toys out of the pram is not an insult, it is merely an observation. Perhaps you cannot see the difference, but an insult would be to say -- "Adam, you are a twat." Something which I don't believe, and wouldn't say. I was simply implying you were acting quite childishly.

I think this has gone on long enough. Obviously you disagree with me being an administrator and that's fine. I disagree with your generalising opinions about the injustice of this forum, which are completely untrue and based off wrongly-held justifications. You need to grow up -- hopefully fast -- because you have displayed yourself to be both childish and unable to take a little disappointment. I shudder to think how you cope in real life.

It's also amusing how you say you're not arrogant yet call yourself critiquing skills "nothing sort of excellent" in the same post.

To finish, here is an example of your "excellent" critiques:

lol - Ok snoink this was a little pointless, didnt have that much meaning and it felt like you actually only wrote this because another idea hadn't come along.

Its a lot to be desired for but I guess is a nice pointless read for someone

and another:

I dont think this works. I found it all a tad boring actually. Im not a fan of the "lets chat to the reader" style as It doesnt get me into a character.

Really- who are you talking to when you tell us your name? Just go into the story without the messy chit chat.

Very, very good.

*thread locked*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne