z

Young Writers Society

Kristen's rants

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:44 am
xtenx says...

So I wasn't going to start a post about myself but I decided it may help me get to know more people on here if I read about people and write about myself. :)

My name is Kristen. I'm an 18 year old college student from New Hampshire- my school is in Massachusetts though. I'm a political science major/journalism minor. I want to make journalism my career, so needless to say I enjoy writing. I'm very liberal...but of course that won't matter when I'm writing news articles. But yeah, I love politics in general.

I noticed there are several vegetarians here. Me too, for well over 5 years now. I went vegan for about 3 months once, but then I just decided I would wait until I lived on my own- it's hard to be a vegan at school where I can't always check ingredients for things from the cafe.

I wrote my first fantasy novel recently :P I haven't posted it though, because I'm really private about my work. I haven't even shown any of my friends- they just know I wrote a book. It's 80K. Hopefully I'll feel comfortable posting here eventually- that's why I'm trying to get to know people. It's weird putting myself out there for people to judge- writing is something so personal...But I know criticism is necessary for improvement, so one day I'll need to get over that fear. I'll only post on websites if it's something I'm not too attached to. This novel is like my baby...I'll probably post other fiction works before posting my fantasy novel.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:08 pm
Myth says...

Hello Kirsten!

It is hard being a veggie, even at home. Some don't seem to understand that chicken and fish are animals.

My writing is also very personal to me, which is why some of it is not postes, unless I really a lot of help--mostly the beginnings suck. If you do post, let me know. I'd love to see what you've come up with, 80K is very big. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown