z

Young Writers Society

Introductory thing stuff

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:55 am
Kit says...

Uh, Hello. I'm Kit. I'm a girl. I'm from a small country town on the east coast of Australia, incidentally the same town that the poet AD Hope, and the authors Jane Carroll and Charlotte Wood are from. I'm just about to be 18, and I'm taking a gap year before I go and do some sort of music degree with voice and harp. I write poetry and lyrics and long epics, and short stories sometimes, across most genres, I have this thing about metafiction at the moment, the catalyst of which was probably "If on a winter's night a traveler" by Italo Calvino. I am a meticulous feedback wench, so if you want it, I got it. I think mangoes are against God and superfluously bright coloured for a fruit, and also that the greatest love of all is the acceptance of others bathroom habits, or changing of ones own to suit another. Think about it, you can die for someone, but then you don't have to deal with it any more, but tolerating a man who cannot aim, or leaves his stubble in the sink or something, that takes not only the larger than life compassionate love that looks good in Famine ads, but the rising above your own petty mortal concerns, which you could only really do if you truly loved someone.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:44 am
Emerson says...

the greatest love of all is the acceptance of others bathroom habits, or changing of ones own to suit another.
This, and what followed, sounded so thoughtful!

Though we've already said our hellos in the chat, I'll do so again for the sake of ceremony.

Welcome to YWS! I'm Claudette. You can call me Clau, Claude, Till, Calu, I have many names. If you have any questions, need some help around the site, want a critique, or just want to chat feel free to PM me anytime and I'll do my best!

Hope you enjoy your stay.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:32 am
Meshugenah says...

*waves*

We've met already in the chat, too, but oh well. Hi!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or bother 'Dette. That's fun, too :P

Anyhoo, welcome to YWS!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:16 pm
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! I can't wait to see your work around the site, and PM me if you have any questions!

--Cass :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:26 pm
Shine says...

Hello Kit!

Welcome to yws!

Do post your work.Eager to see it.:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:52 pm
Trident says...

Welcome, welcome, Kit. Though I saw you in the chat the other night. Hopefully you'll enjoy this little niche as much as the rest of us.
Perception is everything.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:49 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Lovin' your introduction.

Welcome to YWS! :D

163 Reviews

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:29 am
Kit says...

Claudette wrote:
the greatest love of all is the acceptance of others bathroom habits, or changing of ones own to suit another.
This, and what followed, sounded so thoughtful!

Though we've already said our hellos in the chat, I'll do so again for the sake of ceremony.

Welcome to YWS! I'm Claudette. You can call me Clau, Claude, Till, Calu, I have many names. If you have any questions, need some help around the site, want a critique, or just want to chat feel free to PM me anytime and I'll do my best!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Why thankyou. I am random as you no doubt have gathered by now.
As I have mensioned, it is awesome to meet you, you're good company. Do you mind if I call you Dunyazade? When I thought of Claudette, I thougt dette, raison d'etre, raisons, sultanas, Sultanas the queens of Sultans, Arabian Nights, Dunyazade. You see, it all makes sense.

*waves*

We've met already in the chat, too, but oh well. Hi!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or bother 'Dette. That's fun, too Razz

Anyhoo, welcome to YWS!

**seagulls back**

Thanks, so much. Nice to meet you, nicer to meet you again.

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! I can't wait to see your work around the site, and PM me if you have any questions!

--Cass Very Happy

Yes, I have a question. Do you see into the future like the other Cassandra, and what are the lottery numbers next thursday?

Hello Kit!

Welcome to yws!

Do post your work.Eager to see it.Smile

Thankyou. I shall endeavour to do so, but I am currently ashamed of it, because everyone is so good here, so I'll give it the old bootcamp treatment and then post it. Lookin forward to reading yours too.

Welcome, welcome, Kit. Though I saw you in the chat the other night. Hopefully you'll enjoy this little niche as much as the rest of us.

Thankyou thankyou, Oh Mighty Ruler of the Seas, (I didn't believe you when you said you couldn't control them, I figured you just said that to stop me getting you to seek vengence for me and converse with whalesharks)

Lovin' your introduction.

Welcome to YWS! Very Happy

Mr Waffles, you will have to excuse me if I look hungry when I talk to you. We have to drive for an hour to get to waffles in our town, you see.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:36 pm
Swires says...

Nice respones.

Welcome to YWS, PM me if you have any questions or problems.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Kit, welcome!

Do post so I can read some.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:24 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Hey Kit, welcome!

Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:11 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! You sound very entertaining! I wish I could give you an equally entertaining lead into your gift, but I can't. Charlie?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WIN...A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *attempts to shove new car into the computer screen* OKAY, SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR CONSOLATION PRIZE!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

163 Reviews

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:32 am
Kit says...

Phorcys wrote:Nice respones.

Welcome to YWS, PM me if you have any questions or problems.

Nice stickfigure humping on your avvy. If there's anything we need in the work its more stick figures humping.

Hey Kit, welcome!

Will do, Fire, as soon as I wouldn't die of shame.

Hi and welcome! You sound very entertaining! I wish I could give you an equally entertaining lead into your gift, but I can't. Charlie?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WIN...A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *attempts to shove new car into the computer screen* OKAY, SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR CONSOLATION PRIZE!!!!!!!!!

You also sound entertaining, and like me when I have small amounts of chocolate. Great to meet you, we should set fire to something together some time.

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix