z

Young Writers Society

Don't like it, to bad

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:49 pm
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Names piepiemann22, or big T. For a long time I've asked myself a simple yet complex question. Do you fallow your heart, your to you rely on the mind for answers. I've come to a conclusion, the heart. The heart does not lie so you can trust it. I would like feedback from you. Choose and explain. I chose the heart because it feels as you do. You can trust it at any time.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:42 am
Shine says...

Hello Tony! :D

Do you fallow your heart, your to you rely on the mind for answers.

Yeah I follow my heart too but sometimes we just do follow our mind,I mean everytime we don't really listen to what our heart says and do what our mind says.Ok I am getting confused :?
This question is indeed complex.
lol

see u around. :wink:

~Ani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:27 pm
Shafter says...

Hey, mann!

piepiemann22 wrote: The heart does not lie so you can trust it.

Yup, I'm going to disagree. The heart lies all the time. Your heart may tell you that the person you're in love is faithful and trustworthy; that may be a lie.
But I don't believe you should trust your mind either. I don't trust myself in general. The only reliable trust source I've ever found is God. Sometimes He annoys me, sometimes what He asks seems really, really stupid-- but in the end it always turns out for the best.

Interesting author profile... hope you get more replies.

Cheers! :D ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:32 pm
Esmé says...

What do I rely on..? Hm...

I think that on the mind. If I relied on my heart, I would... hm... Lets just say that I'm a born egoist, i like making people mad, bagdgering them etc. And annoying them.

To annoy is to exist.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:37 pm
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

Nice to meet you!

piepiemann22 wrote:Do you fallow your heart, your to you rely on the mind for answers.

I follow both. I think that there's a reason that we have both and that they aren't meant to be battling eachother, but working together. My heart gives me the spirit and passion to continue on, but my mind helps me accomplish it. Following only one, they'll lie to you. Keeping them evenly balanced, they hold eachother accountable.

But, I'm also going to have to go with Shafter's answer. God's the best one to follow.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:48 pm
Esmé says...

You a poet, Duskglimmer? Nicely said.

I can't say much about God. My dad is an atheist, mom didn't attend mass since her wedding, lol. Last time I was at church.... uhm... like two years ago...

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:57 pm
Sureal says...

I rely on my head. Your heart is designed for pumping blood around yah system, and that's about it, so I aint gonna follow it anyway.

If, however, you actually mean (as I suspect you do), 'do you follow your metaphorical heart (emotions) or the calculating thought processes?', I'm gonna go say, 'depends on the situation, obviously.'

;)
I wrote the above just for you.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:03 pm
Swires says...

I dont follow my heart at all. Im not one of these romantics that everybody talks about because they are stupidly in love with a loser that is cheating on them etc.. I rely on logic at all times.

THats by binary is fun, because it is emotionless. lol

00100101 - 37

Fun Fun Fun.

ok - ignore the show off lune now.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:36 am
Shine says...

lol,
those so called stupid romantic people are not the only ones to follow their heart.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:27 am
blackwings_angel says...

Alright dude you've got this wayyy screwed up. The brain is just a thought processor, your heart a muscle. God gave us souls for a reason. Why have personalities. Follow that, yourself. Sometimes emotions lead you into situtations you don't want to be in, like for exmple, pretending to be someone your not. Your brain doesn't help either and puts you in spots like, for example, (no offense buddy) You dancing with Emily. You knew it was a joke, you knew that she dodn't like you, yet your mind led you to believing that respect and dignity lay at the other side of the rope. Wrong-Oh! (hehe i stole the grinches line) Anyways. Your soul IS you. you know whats best for yourself. And if you ever get lost there's the holy spirit tieing you back to the answers. It all works out dude. Nice question. I'll talk to you on the bus if you don't get this reply. :wink: :mrgreen:
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:19 pm
PsychicNinja says...

Hey Tony!

I agree with you!

~Rogue Jedi Master and Hidden Leaf Jonin Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Rydia says...

It's an excellent question that I have asked myself a lot lately because I have a decision to make. Next year I go to university and I must either follow my heart and go for what could be an unstable, non-existing career in English or I can listen to my mind which says that would be foolish and says that I was born to be a law student, get a brilliant job and earn lots of money. A very tough decision and to be honest I don't yet have an answer but I'm currently leaning towards following my mind but then I always seem to do that and last time, when giving up drama, I know I made a terrible decision and one I will always regret. So do I follow my heart or my mind? I follow my mind but I wish I didn't have to. I wish I lacked such logic and could go where my heart leads but dreams and hopes are too insubstantial for creatures such as us...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:13 pm
Twit says...

"Follow your heart"? Oh please, that is so Mulan 2, Eragon, cheap, stero-typed fantasy theme.

I don't follow my heart - I go by my gut feeling. My gut's never let me down yet, as it works together with my head.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

I don't do time.
— Liberty