z

Young Writers Society

im allie

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:01 am
misoallie says...

im allie. which is obvious since my name is "misoallie." "miso" comes not only from the fact that i enjoy miso soup, but also because it sounds like "me so allie" and i am a loser.
small fact: when i am ranting (sort of like i am now) or when i am drunk (definitely like i am now) i dont use apostrophes. sorry if you hate it or if it drives you crazy. get used to it.
okay. lets start with the things i hate, since i hate a lot more things than i love.
i hate that last sentence i just wrote. i hate that i wrote "lets" when i know full well that i am the only one who is going to be talking here.
i also hate that i keep missing the "g" on my words that end with "i-n-g" because i am typing too fast for fingers right now and i keep on having to erase my "i-n-g" words and retype them. (kindly disregard any spelling errors [especially those including the letters "i-n-g"] you may come across in this post).
okay, so what do i hate? i hate oysters, the word "ointment", overly-tweezed eyebrows, dangly earrings, crying babies, uggs, jean shorts, glitter, teen movies, knick-knacks, the month of february, the awkwardness that comes with christmas carollers, hard-boiled eggs, the smell, taste, and sight of salami, puffy eyes, hangovers, and flavored coffee.
i love, marlboro lights, radiohead, big lips, daniel handler, animals, loud sounds, vodka and cranberry, mittens, homemade cards, bare feet, ebay, horizontal lines, small things.
im as random as can be. i write a lot of annonymous letters, free-verse poetry, songs, and short stories. i've always wanted to write a novel, but decided none of my ideas are good and my life just isnt very interesting.
i love to read, though. one of the main reasons i am on this site is to read other young writers work. im getting tired of strolling through the library and looking for books that werent on oprahs list.
(sorry if you love oprah.)
(really. im sorry.)
talk to me if you want to.
AIM: misoallie.)
love
allie.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:30 am
Fand says...

Hey allie, welcome to YWS! A word to the wise... there's a revolution in the works. Capitalizing what should be capitalized (and your name is exempt, just so you know) is a good idea. ;) You talk about wanting to write a novel... what sort of genre do you usually write in? And if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Warmest,
Sir Fand
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:42 am
Poor Imp says...

Hullo Allie! Welcome to YWS and all that -- the usual welcome shpiel is welcome, questions and FAQ. (The FAQ is the first place to start around here; despite evidence to the contrary on too many sites, this one really has frequently asked questions and answers. ^_^)

And as Fand notes, spelling is one of those things some people just slip on no matter. ^_^ But capitalising helps the reader follow your sentences and thougts.

Aside from all that rather dull business, welcome again! I hope hating won't get in the way of writing - it tends to trip things up. ^_^'' Any particular thing you like to, or would like to write?

If you ever need comments on something you've posted, feel free to PM - or any of the mods. They're helpful. Honestly.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:59 am
misoallie says...

yeah another thing. capitalizing isnt my forte, mainly because i usually only write in my notebook. furiously. i just try to transfer everything from mind to paper (or in this case screen) as quickly as possible. i'm really not an idiot. i do know the rules of puncuation, capitalization, and abberviation. maybe someday i'll prove it to you. wait... hang on: Maybe someday I'll prove it to you. Until then you'll just have to take my word for it. Goodbye.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:01 am
Fand says...

;) Cheeky. In all honesty, though, save the bending of capitalization rules for poetry; you'll ruffle a lot fewer feathers that way. And what genre did you say you write?
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:42 am
misoallie says...

S.I.G.H.
i see this is not at all like IWTW.

459 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:45 am
Poor Imp says...

Oy, don't worry, Allie. I didn't doubt you could capitalise. ^_^ I was only requesting that you capitalise, so that things were more readable.

And where was IWTW? o0'

IMP

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:54 am
misoallie says...

i'm glad you asked. IWTW was a few years back. it stood for i was a teenage writer. a fantastic site. it was on the AOL homepage. i was a NOVeL there, so if any are here now let me know-- it's allie. errrr... NOVeL batty. heh. i must say beyond your strict capitalizing rules (hah) this site seems pretty great. im looking forward to talking to some of you. (that wasn't supposed to be rude... i just can't imagine how i'd talk to all or even most of you since there seems to be quite a few members. "some" seems reasonable.)

459 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:58 am
Poor Imp says...

misoallie wrote:i'm glad you asked. IWTW was a few years back. it stood for i was a teenage writer. a fantastic site. it was on the AOL homepage. i was a NOVeL there, so if any are here now let me know-- it's allie. errrr... NOVeL batty. heh. i must say beyond your strict capitalizing rules (hah) this site seems pretty great. im looking forward to talking to some of you. (that wasn't supposed to be rude... i just can't imagine how i'd talk to all or even most of you since there seems to be quite a few members. "some" seems reasonable.)

With how many members we have here, you might just find someone from IWTW. ^_^ We've got quite a few people from other sites, originally.

I'll see around the site then - and perhaps be part of the 'some' that you talk to. ^_~

IMP

-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:01 am
misoallie says...

i hope you are. ;)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:16 am
Via says...

Hey Allie! Welcome to YWS.

We have a lot in common. First, I absolutely hate typing with capitals and apostrophi and what not if I am just in casual conversation...but often feel obligated to do so [for example...right now.] In emails to my friends and such you will not find a capital 'i', it's nearly embarrassing.

Me so allie...nice. My nick name? Amego. why? My name is Meg...my bestfriends wanted me to be first in their phonebooks...and they call me Mego anyway, so they added an A so I would be first---so I am now aMego...random? nice.

You hate some good things to hate...I have to agree with: oysters, the word "ointment", overly-tweezed eyebrows, dangly earrings, uggs, glitter, teen movies, knick-knacks, the month of february, the awkwardness that comes with christmas carollers, puffy eyes, and hangovers. And I suppose I'll agree to love: big lips, animals, loud sounds, vodka and cranberry, mittens, homemade cards, bare feet, ebay [half price books...for serial], and small things [but not knick-knacks].

I write the same things as you do. And you will find that I have posted two poems and one portrait...but that leaves another 350ish posts used on other peoples work and such, I'd much rather read than write most the time.

You and I will get along well haha. Let me know if you have any questions or need a critique!

Tootles.
aMego
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:23 am
misoallie says...

ahhh you and i will get along for certain. :)

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:16 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hi Miso,

I, too, can't say I've ever really liked salami, especially since I've been veggie for almost two years -- plus it smells so strong, I can almost taste it if anyone eats it next to me...

I'm sure you'll find a lot of friends here, whether that's through reading and critiquing other's work, posting your own stories, or just by visiting the chat room now and again.

Hope you have fun here, and feel free to PM me for help or just for a chat,

See you round,

Kay.

P.S. Stay here long enough and you'll find things like capitalising and apostrophes will become second nature. Seriously, I'm still having to go back and edit my older posts 'cause of how bad my punctuation was... ;)
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:16 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Hurrr. YWS is better than anything AOL could come up with.

Miso soup is pretty good. There's this nice Japanese restaurant a few minutes from my house... I need to go there again...

Anyway, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:20 am
Princess Prettie says...

I love glitter, and I think Miso soup tastes like blood. But you seem like a pretty freaking tight person. And, I happen to love vodka and cranberry & bare feet... and hate SALAMI (ew) and hangovers (wh doesn't). So we're cool. I look forward to reading your writing.
♥youguysithinkmyhearthasburstintoabillionscintillatingpieces♥

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda