z

Young Writers Society

New guy searching for personal enrichment

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:38 am
Don Quixote says...

Hello fellow young writers! Let it be known that I am a musician more than a writer. I have been writing instrumental and vocal jazz and new-acoustic music for a long time. I love to write although I don't have nearly as much time as I would like to spend on writing. I guess I'm just an artist at heart, searching for more ways to express myself (sorry if that sounds cheesey!). My recently invigorated interest in writing was, I think, spawned the by the fact that I just aced my English 101 class at my local community college. I had thought that I would have to spend hours slaving away at formal papers for this class, but as it turns out, we were given free reign to write as creatively as we liked. Needless to say, I got a big kick out of it and I have been writing much more (I like to think I've been writing better too) ever since. Owing to my musical background, I like to write poetry and songs, but lately I've been trying some short story writing as well. It's been a lot of fun. I look forward to reading all of your work! I'm sure this will be a very inspiring experience for me.
By dabbing eternity with life we put the finger on energy. Thus: Life is finger lickin' good!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:40 am
Snoink says...

Welcome to YWS! :D I'm afraid you'll get your share of essays here, but it'll be critiquing essays, so it's all good! And music and writing are so connected it's not even funny. Everybody compares writing to pictures... I connect it to music. :D

Anyway, welcome to YWS! Hope to see you chasing some windmills. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:39 am
Shine says...

Hi musician!

I like new-acoustic music.

Do u play anything(i mean any instuments)?

And welcome to the site!

Have fun.:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:57 am
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS! PM me if you have any questions, and have fun! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:44 pm
Chandni says...

Hi and welcome to YWS :D

As Snoink said, music is also a big part of writing :)

As for myself I get inspired by it!

Make yourself at home, for YWS is the place where writing is translated into fun ;)

Cheerios, Chandni
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:36 pm
-KayJuran- says...

I can't say I'm very good at music myself... but that just means I get all the more impressed at people who can play an instrument.

So what do you play? And do you write lyrics at all, or just sheet music?

Hope you have fun here...

Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:38 am
Don Quixote says...

Thanks for the heartwarming welcome everybody! Just as a point of clarification, I play saxophone, mandolin, and guitar (dabbling in flute, clarinet and piano). I'm in a couple of jazz/funk/Latin bands and one progressive acoustic band called Camaraderie. I write a lot of instrumental music, but as of about a year ago, I discovered my shaky ability to sing, so I've been writing some vocal pieces. I think I'll be posting some of those in the near future. Thanks again!

-El Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha
By dabbing eternity with life we put the finger on energy. Thus: Life is finger lickin' good!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:02 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to the Jungle. Make sure you check the bananas and coconuts for further information. Send parrots to me or any of the other tigers if you have any questions about the Jungle.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:43 am
Myth says...

Hey Don!

I used to paly the clarinet but then I had to give up. I also write short shoties, what genre do you prefer?

See you around! :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:08 pm
sokool15 says...

Hey, Donqui!
This is really, really weird. I have a brother who does the EXACT same things as you! He plays saxaphone, mandolin, and guitar, and a little flute and clarinet. He has a progressive acoustic band and a jazz/funk/latin band! He's a musician and a writer...
dee dee dee dee...dee dee dee dee (twilight zone)

Look forward to seeing you around.
~sokool
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:56 pm
Cade says...

I've always wanted to write music and lyrics but I'm not very good at it...my attempts at rhyming for songs usually come out sounded forced or stupid (I did do a pastiche of a Leonard Cohen song for English class that wasn't too awful). I can't sing, but I'm trying to get some of my friends to join a band. Our dear sophomore class needs one! I play piano (lovelovelove) and violin(hatehatehate) and I want to take up guitar.

Seeya!
:roll: Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:20 pm
niteowl says...

Hello Don Quixote! I like writing song lyrics, but I lack the time/motivation/talent to put them to actual music. I've played piano for about 10-11 years now. I also played violin, but I quit because I didn't really like it.

Anyway, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:50 am
Mr. Everyone says...

I too like music, not into guitar (yet), more a classical, i play piano when im around one, I'd like to see you around some time =) keep it safe =)
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:34 am
Chibi says...

Well....I'm odd. I only like music to listen to, I don't play anything but I want to play the harp and/or flute. Preferably the harp.....but yah.

I also like to play with colours

~Chibi
I speak with abscences, my lips move but no sound escapes; my life is but an eternal darkness searching for it's light.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:55 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Note from MisterWaffles:

The windmills are not giants.

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix