z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:20 pm
Gabrielle says...

No method nor discipline can supersede the necessity of being forever on the alert. What is a course of history, or philosphy, or poetry, no matter how well selected... compared with the discipline of looking always at what is to be seen? Will you be a reader, a student merely, or seer?
Henry David thoreau

My name is Gabrielle and I am interested in literature and art. My hero is Abbie Hoffman. I am interested in the 1960s and I love history. :shock:
God looked upon the earth, and behold it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
-Genesis 6:12

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:26 pm
Sam says...

Hey, Gabrielle!

*cheers* Another history geek! You can check out the 'History Lovers' or 'Historical Writers' usergroups, if you want to hang out with the rest of us...er...socially awkward people. :wink: Hope you have fun on YWS!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:29 pm
Trident says...

Hey Gabrielle, welcome to YWS. Make sure you give some critiques to others on the site before you post any more work. Members tend to get annoyed if all you do is post your own work without giving back to the community.

Thanks!
Perception is everything.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:31 am
Cassandra says...

Hey, and welcome to YWS! Out of curiosity, how long have you been writing?

PM me if you have any questions and I'll do the best I can to help. :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:42 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! I don't have much else to say so...*hands mike to Charlie* Thank you Nite.

CONGRAJUMALATIONS GABRIELLE! YOU HAVE BEEN SPECIALLY CHOSEN TO RECEIVE A BRAND-NEW, SUPER EXPENSIVE, INCREDIBLY SHINY GIFT!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE YOU GO! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:16 am
Myth says...

Greetings Gabrielle!

I'm Myth and I'm also a history freak. I love forward to seeing what you've written. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:57 am
Firestarter says...

Hey Gabrielle! I love history way too much. It's kind of an obsession. Anyway, to stop scaring you off, welcome to the site!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:58 am
Luxor says...

Hiya Gabrielle! I love history as well, but mostly just stuff from ancient Greece and Rome up to the Middle Ages with King Arthur and all that. They're such great time periods. Wouldn't you agree? Anyway, have fun on YWS!
-- Lila
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:25 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

A history buff eh? Interesting! I hope to see your work posted ^_^ and welcome to YWS!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind