z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:20 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Hi! My name's Kyle, and I've just joined - found the site on a google search! I write mostly fantasy, it's definitely my favourite genre. I don't particularly like poetry, but I might have a look - see what's there, maybe discover my inner poet! Anyway, glad to have joined here, looking forward to reading your stuf!!
Last edited by Cpt. Smurf on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:41 pm
Via says...

Hi!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Meg. I write mostly poetry and young adult fiction, I'm not big on fantasy. But if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Enjoy the site!
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:53 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hey, Kaz--welcome to the site.

It is, without a doubt, a writing-drenched environment. ^_~ And you write fantasy? Well, 'hope you post some. I'd be glad to comment on it as well.

If you've got any pressing questions, feel free to PM me, or any of the mods - they are helpful. Or you can check the FAQ; it keeps up with most of the simpler things. ^_^

Welcome again!

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Trident says...

Hello Kyle.

YWS is a good environment if you want to improve your writing. Welcome and have a good look around.
Perception is everything.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 pm
Shafter says...

Hi Kyle!
My name's Shafter, and I love fantasy too. You're going to love it here; I know I have!
PM me if you want a crit or just another fantasy freak to talk to. ;)
Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! *waves*

heehee, me likey fantasy! But I've still no idea how to write it (well), so I stick to poetry. If you have any questions, want to chat, or want something crit'ed, just yell in my general direction (down), and I'll see what I can do!

Er... oh yeah! Hi, I'm Mesh (one of those mod types Impy mentioned), and welcome to YWS!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:19 am
Cassandra says...

Hey, and welcome to YWS! PM me if you have any questions. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:33 am
Snoink says...

Hehehe... our admin, Nate, said that Google was evil, but I suppose if you're here with us, then something's right in the world! :D

It's good that you write fantasy and stuff. That's an awesome genre, and I just love it to pieces. ^_^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:23 am
-KayJuran- says...

Hi Kyle,

Glad to hear you like fantasy. T'is fun stuff.

Hope you have fun on the site, but feel free to PM me if you have trouble with anything or just generally feel a bit lost.

See you 'round,

Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 am
Myth says...

Greetings Kyle!

I am also a fantasy lover but I prefer to write historical fiction these days.

Cheerio!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:31 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Kyle! I like reading fantasy. Used to try writing it, but decided I liked poetry better. Anyway, I have to wake Charlie up so he can get your gift (He stole the smiley bag.)

*walks away* *comes back five minutes later dragging cranky old man by collar*

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Kyle!!! Sorry the mike's not working, but here's your gift anyway: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites