z

Young Writers Society

henno

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun May 26, 2024 5:40 am
View Likes
NoOneInParticular says...

Hi! I’m 13.5, and I guess you can call me Horizon (haha it’s my profile picture get it?), but any name will do (even ‘you’ works). I stumbled upon this site recently and just decided to join. It’s my first time being a part of any online community, so it’s a bit overwhelming as I’m not sure of the expectations of being in one. I try to present myself as upbeat and cheeful, but that usually fails after some time as I’m a natural pessimist.

I started writing about last year as a way to express my emotions, so I dabble a bit in poetry and short stories. I’ve tried writing longer stories, but after a while my interest just disappears and I have no idea how to continue. I’m relatively new to writing, and besides what’s been taught in school, know nothing about character development, plot and all the writey stuff. I’m more of a lurker, and have minor social anxiety for online interactions specifically (how am I to judge their reactions to what I say), so don’t take it too personally is I don’t respond to your comments or what I say is a bit weird. I do read what you say to me, thanks for your input!

Wow, that is a lot about me. Thanks for your time!

P.S. Recently people have started to do this pronoun thing, so I’m a she/her I suppose.

Cheers,
NoOneInParticular, Really
Life is hard.
But as someone once told me,
“Life is hard, but also beautiful.
There are so many amazing things
you can do in life.”

I want to sleep.

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Wed May 29, 2024 9:30 am
IcyFlame says...

Welcome to YWS! We all start writing somewhere, and YWS is a great way to grow that skill if that's what you're interested in. Reading and reviewing other people's work is what allows me to be more critical of my own work and I think makes me a better writer.

What genres do you like to read/write?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed May 29, 2024 10:11 am
khushi17bansal says...

Hey there, Welcome to YWS!!!

I totally understand what you mean about not being able to write longer stories, I suffer from the exact same problem. That's why I joined YWS actually, I was hoping that reviews and feedback would prevent me from losing interest in what I plan to write. Its working so far!

As far as not knowing anything about writey stuff goes, I don't think you need to worry about it much. Personally, even I'm rather clueless 😏 I function solely on instinct and when that doesn't work I try to write something that I would enjoy reading. The only reason I can write is because I can read.

And, its my first time on an online community too! (It's probably the reason why I use too many exclamation marks and emojis in my posts) I'm slowly and tentatively beginning to crawl out form that rock I had initially hidden myself under. But you don't have to worry about it, everyone here is really friendly!

Best of luck with all your writing endeavors!
What is a storyteller?
A storyteller is a God - a real one.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu May 30, 2024 5:33 pm
herbalhour says...

welcome~~
nothing is forever but everything was infinite

herb/tea - he/him/his, she/her/hers

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25