z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:37 pm
Luxor says...

My name is Lila. I really like your site, whoever created it. It's really good. I'm not sure if I'm going to be on very often, since I have this habit of joining messageboards and then never post on them. >.< Anyway, I'm not one of those phonies who just say they're writing a book to seem cool. I'm a completely dedicated writer, even if it is taking me forever to finish the first draft of my first book (I've got plenty more planned out for the future though). So, hope to make some friends here, and I'm interested in reading some stuff by other people. Ciao!
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:27 am
Shafter says...

Salutations and welcome, Lila!!! :D Nice to meet you.

Yeah, I love this site, too. I'm glad to hear you're not an I'm-going-to-write-a-book-someday-when-I-get-a-chance kind of person; neither am I! :)

PM me if you have a question, need a crit, or just want to chat! See ya around the site!

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:42 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! *waves* Welcome to YWS!

Nate, the site admin and chief chimp, created the site two years ago yesterday. I'm Mesh, and one 'o the mods 'round here. If you have any questions, feel free to PM myself, or any of the other mods (or anyone who volunteers!)

I'll see you on the site, I hope! I mostly lurk in poetry, when I have time to crit anything, and I post the odd poem here or there (and often shudder at my earlier work, but it is fun to see how much I've improved, and now to stop before I age myself and start taking a trip down memory lane!), but I'll be sure to be on the look-out for your work in prose!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:45 am
Loranys Gellantara says...

Hiyas,

My names Lauren, Loz, Lozareth, Boots and Draco. Feel free to call me by any of them. If you are wondering, DRACO IS MINE!!!! But you can have any of the other guys!! I am a big fan of Harry Potter and at the moment struggle to concentrate enough to work on my story. (Draco and Hermione. It's called "The One Summer Night That Started it All" or something like that. I know it's a big title but I think it suites the story.

As Mesh said, Nate is the wonderful creator of this site and a few others as I found out not that long ago. There are many great talents on here, I have only posted one of my own poems as you see but I will soon have more because I actually have the time now.

I feel like I am babbling on about nothing now so my final words are as I say on fiction press, keep writing!

Ciao

Loz
I'm only laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. If you could see inside I'm really crying

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:54 pm
Prosithion says...

Welcome! How're you? Yes, I have to say that this is a pretty nice site. I look forward to reading some of your work.

-Pros
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:58 pm
Myth says...

Greetings!

For a moment I thought you were from Egypt... But never mind. Welcome to the site, I'm Myth the unofficial Coloured Hair :P
.: ₪ :.

'...'

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:32 pm
Luxor says...

Lol! Luxor is one of my characters. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to put any of my stuff up here because I'm somewhat paranoid of the fact that anyone can read it and anyone can take the story as their own if they want to. Assuming it's good enough to get published. Eh, I might put a chapter up sooner or later...anyway ya'll, thanks for making me feel welcome!
If there's ever a meat shortage, eat this profile; it's full of balogna.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:21 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:23 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Lila!

Welcome to YWS.

I go by Jack here.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:08 pm
Trident says...

Welcome Lila. It is unlikely someone would try to steal another person's idea, but if they do, than you have a dated proof that your idea was posted here first.

Anyway, I hope you have fun while you're here and improve your writing.
Perception is everything.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:29 am
Snoink says...

Well, if it isn't publishable, most likely we'll tell you first. ;)

Welcome! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:12 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome! And your avatar makes me giggle.
Cheers! :D

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:55 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome Lila.

Stay long and have fun!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:22 pm
moosiegirl says...

Hi Lila! It's great to meet a new member!
*moosie*
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:45 am
Vampirewolf3 says...

Join the club.
Everyone here is warm, friendly, and 123% dedicated to writing. Right? Erm, right? Hello? (Find myself completely alone)...just kidding. Just give me a PM and I'll help with anything you've got a problem with.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain