z

Young Writers Society

Hi!!

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 am
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Hey everyone! I'm Ruby, I'm 15, and I use she/her pronouns. For now. (I'm in the midst of a crisis). I'm new to this website and it seems like a really cool community. I mostly write poetry and short stories because I cannot commit to anything long form -_- but I'm trying (and low key failing) to hit 15000 words on one of my projects. I also write for my school newspaper and plan on going to journalism school, though that is subject to change. My interests/hobbies include reading, drawing, cosplay, internet horror/unfiction, typology, secondhand fashion, and having weird philosophical conversations at 3am. Some of my favorite novels are Paradise Rot, No Longer Human, The Setting Sun, House of Leaves, and Crying in H Mart. My favorite poetry collection is Night Sky With Exit Wounds. It's kind of all over the place, but I LOVE discussing books so let me know if you've read any of them.. anyways that was really long winded. Also I feel like I need to mention that I'm a Garfield fanatic. Okay that's all.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:45 am
View Likes
Quillfeather says...

Welcome to the site! Super glad to have you here! I always like someone who likes to have random philosophical conversations at 3 am because me too.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me! Or if you just want to come and talk/rant I am always here!
What's your favorite type of writing?
Personally I am more of a poetry kind of person but sometimes I'll write a little prose.
Glad to meet you!
Was: Nicole136
And then: TrinityPoeting
Am now: Quillfeather

If you ever need to talk I am here for you<3

"All great change is preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra
Fight through the chaos, there are good things ahead<333

Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:55 am
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Glad to meet you too!

Ooh.. that's a hard question for me to answer. I think I'd say poetry is my favorite thing to write. I like being able to concentrate all of my efforts into a small number of words and make them as good as possible. In other forms of writing, I can get overwhelmed and feel that I am being "stretched too thin" if that makes sense. I also especially enjoy it because my brain has a tendency to generate visuals when I think of emotions, concepts, people, etc. so it is fun to transform those into writing.

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:47 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Welcome to YWS! It's great to have you here!

I'm super intrigued about your 15000 word project - is it more of a short novel?

Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:30 pm
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't know what I would categorize my project as yet. I've decided on a very loose plotline, but for the most part, I'm just writing and seeing where it goes. It may exceed 15,000 words. I only set that as my goal because it's longer than anything I've written thus far, so it's arbitrary.
If you're curious about the details, it's just a simple love story. I'm writing it to practice actually completing projects more than anything, so the plot is not ambitious.

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:22 pm
IcyFlame says...

I think that sounds a good way to practice! If you post it here on YWS, I'll be sure to look out for it :)

Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:49 pm
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Thanks! I think I'll post the first chapter soon.

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:34 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Garfield is legit the best though :P
Also hello there and welcome to Young Writers Society dfhaldskjfhasdjfh. You seem pretty cool ^^
She who calls the stars to shine

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

hello! welcome to the site. it’s nice to meet you! :mrgreen:
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault