z

Young Writers Society

Hi!!

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 am
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Hey everyone! I'm Ruby, I'm 15, and I use she/her pronouns. For now. (I'm in the midst of a crisis). I'm new to this website and it seems like a really cool community. I mostly write poetry and short stories because I cannot commit to anything long form -_- but I'm trying (and low key failing) to hit 15000 words on one of my projects. I also write for my school newspaper and plan on going to journalism school, though that is subject to change. My interests/hobbies include reading, drawing, cosplay, internet horror/unfiction, typology, secondhand fashion, and having weird philosophical conversations at 3am. Some of my favorite novels are Paradise Rot, No Longer Human, The Setting Sun, House of Leaves, and Crying in H Mart. My favorite poetry collection is Night Sky With Exit Wounds. It's kind of all over the place, but I LOVE discussing books so let me know if you've read any of them.. anyways that was really long winded. Also I feel like I need to mention that I'm a Garfield fanatic. Okay that's all.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:45 am
View Likes
Quillfeather says...

Welcome to the site! Super glad to have you here! I always like someone who likes to have random philosophical conversations at 3 am because me too.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me! Or if you just want to come and talk/rant I am always here!
What's your favorite type of writing?
Personally I am more of a poetry kind of person but sometimes I'll write a little prose.
Glad to meet you!
Was: Nicole136
And then: TrinityPoeting
Am now: Quillfeather

If you ever need to talk I am here for you<3

"All great change is preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra
Fight through the chaos, there are good things ahead<333

Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:55 am
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Glad to meet you too!

Ooh.. that's a hard question for me to answer. I think I'd say poetry is my favorite thing to write. I like being able to concentrate all of my efforts into a small number of words and make them as good as possible. In other forms of writing, I can get overwhelmed and feel that I am being "stretched too thin" if that makes sense. I also especially enjoy it because my brain has a tendency to generate visuals when I think of emotions, concepts, people, etc. so it is fun to transform those into writing.

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:47 am
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Welcome to YWS! It's great to have you here!

I'm super intrigued about your 15000 word project - is it more of a short novel?

Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:30 pm
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't know what I would categorize my project as yet. I've decided on a very loose plotline, but for the most part, I'm just writing and seeing where it goes. It may exceed 15,000 words. I only set that as my goal because it's longer than anything I've written thus far, so it's arbitrary.
If you're curious about the details, it's just a simple love story. I'm writing it to practice actually completing projects more than anything, so the plot is not ambitious.

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:22 pm
IcyFlame says...

I think that sounds a good way to practice! If you post it here on YWS, I'll be sure to look out for it :)

Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:49 pm
View Likes
rubyxbanks says...

Thanks! I think I'll post the first chapter soon.

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:34 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Garfield is legit the best though :P
Also hello there and welcome to Young Writers Society dfhaldskjfhasdjfh. You seem pretty cool ^^
She who calls the stars to shine

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 pm
View Likes
fantasies says...

hello! welcome to the site. it’s nice to meet you! :mrgreen:
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights