z

Young Writers Society

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am
Krystalstars says...

Hey! My name is Krystalstars. I recently found (Through my friend Erin.) that I have a knack for poetry and that I like it, so I put a pen to paper and started writeing. I like to write about emotions, mainly spiritual emotions. I am Mormon so my writing sometimes reflects my testamony. I want to reach out through my writings and bring some comfort to those people that are hurting.....
Moving on.

Star sign: Aquarius
Zodiac: monkey

Also I am homeschooled and love it!
God made us Best friends because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters.....

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:33 am
Shafter says...

Greetings, Krystalstars! *Hands you a chocolate chip cookie*
My name's Shafter, I am an author of fantasy novels and occasionally a very average poem or two. ;)
I'm a Christian, and that definitely affects my writing, though maybe not in a blatant way. And I'm homeschooled as well! (Actually, I WAS homeschooled until I graduated last year.)
My age: 17
My star sign: Cancer (the crab. My sister says it suits me.)
Zodiac: Serpent
Had to do that. ;)
See ya around the site. PM me if you have any questions or want a crit! (I'm the resident grammar/punctuation critiquer)
Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:51 am
Cassandra says...

Haha, Shafter. I'm Cancer too!

And I'm also Cassandra. ;) I'm 14 as well, and I write mostly fiction.

PM me if you have any questions whatsoever, and I'll be sure to help you out. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:54 am
Snoink says...

Oooo! Yay!

Star sign: Gemini
Zodiac: Dragon... *eats up everyone*

Yeah! And I was a homeschooler too! What do you know? :D

So yeah. You probably have a knack for poetry, hehe. Just beware of the Incan Shark (you'll meet him soon enough, lol). He's brutally honest. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:20 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Hullo! *waves* You can call me Luna and I write mostly dark short fiction. I've only posted once but I'm busy with my NaNoWriMo right now. :)

Welcome to the site! And since everyone else has said their signs and what not I shall play along.

Sign: Pisces. Fear my fish powers!
Zodiac: Horse. Neigh! And please don't use me for glue.

Cheers!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:00 am
Myth says...

Hey there!

Welcome to the site. I'm Myth and I write fiction so I can'treally help with poetry. I'm an Aquarius and a Rabbit (I think...).

See you around!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:48 pm
Prosithion says...

hey, Krystalstar. You like poetry huh? Watch out for Incandescence. He bites. We've been trying to teach him, but it's so hard.

Well, enjoy your time here.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

75 Reviews

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:44 pm
Krystalstars says...

Thanks ya'all! I'm glad that I found some other homeschoolers! Please check out my stuff, I hope you like it.
God made us Best friends because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters.....

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:18 pm
Cassandra says...

Krystalstars wrote:Thanks ya'all! I'm glad that I found some other homeschoolers! Please check out my stuff, I hope you like it.

The more you critique others' work, the more crits you'll get yourself! :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

75 Reviews

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:02 pm
Krystalstars says...

I know, it's just I don't usaly have that much time. Mom limits our time so when I get to be on it's usaly like 15 minutes...

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:55 am
aeroman says...

Well, hello there! I thought I'd drop into the 'Welcome Forums' and see the new people that have been coming. Terrorize them a bit... :twisted: lol, jk

Welcome Krystal! You sound like a cool person and I'm glad you've discovered this wonderful site. I am Aeroman but just call me Aero. That's cool that you're a homeschooler. I've personally never had the desire, mainly because I hear it sucks from my friends that have done it. Anyways, that's cool that you're Mormon. I'm Mormon as well and my beliefs affect my writing too, cool coincidence we've got going there :wink: haha. Well, welcome to the site! You will learn a lot from all these amazing people!

~Aero

Oh yeah...and I guess I'll list those 'things' too.

Star Sign: Pisces
Zodiac: Sheep-Baaaaa! Baramu!
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:03 am
Trident says...

Another Cancer here. I never liked the title of that sign... it's a horrible disease after all!

And welcome Krystalstars!
Perception is everything.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:10 am
Incandescence says...

Welcome Krystal,

This is surely a good site if your desire is writing. You will meet amazing people here with fresh (sometimes startlingly so) insights into how you can improve your works.

Star sign: Sagittarius.
Zodiac sign: Archer.

Best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:39 pm
niteowl says...

Niteowl
Star Sign: Gemini
Zodiac: Horse

Charlie the Cheesy Announcer Guy
Star Sign: Leo
Zodiac: Dragon.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:09 pm
Areida says...

Hehe, hi Kystal, and welcome to YWS! :D

I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you like. Whichever works for you. It looks like you've already gotten a pretty big welcome from people who are more than willing to help, but if you need anything, feel free to PM me. See you around!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.
— Maya Angelou