z

Young Writers Society

Hi Everyone

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:47 pm
wasitadream? says...

Hey everyone. I'm Julia, and I'm new. So...hi. :D Ok, well. I'm fourteen, I LOVE to read, and I also like to write poetry. I also write stories and fanfiction (Harry Potter). So, how old is everyone? What kind of stuff do you write?
open up, we're coming inside
you can't run so you might as well hide
we got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:50 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Julia, welcome to the site.

I'm Jack, 18, and I mostly write historical fiction and the odd poem once in a while.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:17 pm
Shafter says...

Hi, Julia!

I'm Shafter, and I'm 17. I write fantasy novels and an occasional poem or two. Welcome to the site! If you need a crit or anything else, PM me, okay?

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:40 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there :-D I'm sure by the end of all this your welcome wagon will be broken...

I'm Claudette. You can call me Claude or Clau or 'Dette. Which ever strikes your fancy. I'm 16 and I write...well, what ever strikes my fancy XD Mostly short stories, but I'm taking on NaNoWriMo so I guess novels too. I never dare for poetry and the like, I'm too bad at that sort of thing.

Welcome, and enjoy your stay!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 pm
Cassandra says...

Hey, and welcome to YWS! I'm Cassandra an I'm fourteen as well. I mostly write prose--short stories and novels, when I can manage (yay, NaNoWriMo!).

PM me if you have any questions, kay? :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:29 am
Areida says...

Hey, Julia, I'm Areida. I'm newly seventeen and still somewhat in denial about not being sweet sixteen anymore. :P

I write mostly contemporary fiction. At least, that's what people see. I write some historical and fantasy for my own enjoyment, but most of it is so horrendous I don't showcase much of it. Every so often it will strike my fancy to write a poem, but I'm really prosaic-sounding so it doesn't quite work out. XD

If you've got any questions please don't hesitate to PM me. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:31 am
View Likes
Ares says...

Greetings! I'm MH, supposedly 17, and I write pretty much everything except romanitc fiction and poems. I like action. Action's good.

Nice to meet you.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:07 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Hullo newbie! Is your welcome wagon still intact?
You can call me Luna and I'm enjoying my year as being sweet sixteen.

I write short fiction of mostly overly violent, sexual, and romantic themes. With a smattering of angst for my own amusement. Though I too and tackling a NaNoWriMo and it's working well.

Hope you enjoy yourself around here ^_^

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:27 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome!

Call me Waffles. Or MisterWaffles. Or Future-Brain-Surgeon DoctorWaffles.

Or Braden. Braden is nice, too.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:46 am
Shine says...

Hey welcome to the site,Julia!

I am sayani.I am 14 too.

I like writing poems and fiction based stories once in a while.

Enjoy!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:32 am
Loranys Gellantara says...

Welcome to YWS (now painted black and white for information pm Snoink and Jiggity)...

I'm Loz, Lozareth, Lauren, Boots. What ever I go by. I have so many names I don't know which to respond to...

As you probably realised or will soon realise I am Crazy... Oxygen is the best drug ever!!!

Bye bye pm me if you need anything

Loz
I'm only laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. If you could see inside I'm really crying

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:39 am
Myth says...

Hey Julia!

I'm Myth and not as old as my profile suggests XD

I love writing fantasy and historical fiction. I mostly go for short stories with creepy endings.

See you around. :mrgreen:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:15 am
wasitadream? says...

Hey everyone! Nice to meet you and thanks for replying.
Ok random question. Where does everyone get their avatars? I know there are different places to get them but I'm not really sure where to look.
oh and another random thing- who likes Harry Potter fanfiction? I'm kinda obsessed with it. :roll: I know, right. :lol:
open up, we're coming inside
you can't run so you might as well hide
we got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:17 am
Myth says...

1: I make my own using PSP and Animation Shop so I couldn't help with any website search.
2: Not much of a HP fan, sorry but there are quite a few here who have written fanfic for HP (you filnd them under Fanfiction, of course).
.: ₪ :.

'...'

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:31 pm
niteowl says...

I picked my avatar from the general site ones because I'm just that lazy. I know there are sites for that but I don't know any. Sorry.

Anyway, you're new, so you get a gift. And a cheesy announcer guy to present it. Charlie?

Wasitadream, this is NOT a dream, come on down! You're the next recipient of a gift on YWS! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE IT IS!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio