z

Young Writers Society

Hiya ^_^

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:02 pm
Lady Jasmine says...

Hello! I joined this website a few days back, yet I only just found the confirmation email (in my spam box...) and so here starts a long introduction of me.

My name's Jasmine (Jaz, Jas, Jazzie, Jazzymindery etc. are various nicknames chosen by my friends) and I'm 14. I write many genres, such as fantasy, YA, etc. yet can only manage to finish/nearly finish novels when participating in NaNoWriMo, and so I am frantically planning for that, amongst other things such as putting up Halloween decorations (we have more of them than Christmas decorations... we're a weird family).

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:24 pm
Cassandra says...

Hey Jaz, and welcome to YWS! This is a great place to improve your writing, so go ahead and critique some work, then post your own! PM me if you have any questions. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:47 pm
Lady Jasmine says...

Thanks ^_^ I don't have any writing that I am pleased enough with to post, I suppose I'm a perfectionist... I shall, however, probably post some of my NaNoWriMo novel when November begins.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:41 pm
Firestarter says...

Wahey! NaNo! Welcome to the site, I'm Jack. Any questions and concerns you can send them my way.

I'm doing NaNo for the first time this year, so it'd be great if you could help us newbies! XD
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:09 pm
Lady Jasmine says...

Heh, thanks. I have no advice for NaNo that could be any help xD I joined last year's late and had five days to do it x.X I managed to waffle on for 50,000 words about people who turned into scorpions (I couldn't think of any other idea... my muses had deserted me that day >.<).

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:30 pm
Prosithion says...

Hello. ... interesting avvie
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:33 pm
-KayJuran- says...

You mean you did 50k in five days?! Wow... imagine how much you could write in thirty! ;)

Anyway, hope you're enjoying it here so far. What's your plot so far for NaNo? T'is fun finding out about all the different ones.

PM me if you get lost,

Kay :)
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:07 pm
Lady Jasmine says...

My avvie is my dragon ^^;

Yeah... but it didn't turn out very well xD I'm going to remember to start on time this year and hopefully it will turn out better. So far it's something fantasy, possibly involving elves. I have more of a plot but its quite complicated and I don't have my notes with me xD

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:51 am
aeroman says...

Welcome welcome welcome! I'm afraid I'm not that big of a fan of Halloween so I might not fit into you family if I ever was adopted in, haha :wink: You'll have a great time here at YWS, all of the members are great and you will learn a lot about yourself! Cheers!

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:06 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

I just joined NaNoWrimo yesterday and have been frantically preparing for the NaNo since this morning. Welcome to YWS!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:50 am
Myth says...

Welcome Jaz!

You'll really like it here and if you ever need anything critiqued let me know.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:40 pm
Wiggy says...

Hey Jazzie!!! I'm Wiggy, current insane member of YWS. I love this place because of the awesome people, great crits, and just all around amazing community here! I'm sure in your stay so far you've found the same thing. :D

Good luck with NaNo! I've heard from soooo many people how absolutely crazy it is. lol I'm not doing it this year due to lack of time, but I totally want to. lol What type of novel are you writing?

I'm sooooo glad you're here!!!!! You'll be an awesome addition to the community-just pm me if you have any questions or want to talk. I'm on here constantly!

*huggles* Great that you're here again!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:22 pm
Lady Jasmine says...

aeroman - Not a big fan of Halloween?! *gasps in shock* xD

Everyone else - Thanks ^_^

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson