z

Young Writers Society

newbie here great story writer!!!

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:31 pm
prio says...

hi everybody im just letting you know ive joined this website,purely to get my stoires rated by you guys and critics i would like evryones view on it

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:33 pm
Emerson says...

You've already met me in the chat (I had to direct him here, poor newbie! couldn't find his way round...)

Welcome :-D What kind of story is it?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 pm
Snoink says...

Yay! Well, I hope you enjoy. You'll get used to the layout soon... honest. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:37 pm
Incandescence says...

prio--

Welcome to the YWS. We are more than happy to review pieces you post.

Keep in mind that there are two major guidelines you should use when making posts:

(1) Proper grammar and spelling are a must--this is, after all, a writing site; if you want us to care about your stories, show us that you care enough to give them a proper edit and comb-through.

(2) Reviewing others' work on the site is a great way to get reviews. Not only do you make yourself known to other writers, you also indicate the type of stories you will be posting which will generate interest for your piece.

I hope you find your stay here symbiotic.

All the best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:40 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hope you're having fun here so far!

Um.. know this has already been said, but what are you writing? What's your favourite genre as well?

Feel free to send me a message or something if you get lost - more than welcome to help. :)

See ya round,

--Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:56 pm
View Likes
Meep says...

I hate to repeat Incandescence, but I'm a bitter old bat (okay, not old, but definately bitter), and I'm naturally leery of anyone who flounces in, proclaims themselves to be "great story writer," but uses chatspeak.
Maybe you're really good, but just being lazy. I don't know. Like I said, bitter.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way - hi, I'm Meep, fellow n00b and procrastinator extrodinaire. What can I do for you?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:40 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Hullo! I hope you have a good stay here. And I have to second err...third? What Incandescence said. It's hard to believe someone's a great writer when they use chatspeak in their forum posts.

But I'm just picky. ;)

So, welcome!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 am
niteowl says...

Well, I gotta fourth Incan there, but welcome! And here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:43 am
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS! It's pretty cool here--PM me with any questions, okay? :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:53 am
Firestarter says...

Hey Prio! Welcome to YWS.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:29 pm
deleted6 says...

Sadly i agree with everyone else. I was like this when i first joined, but now i know better, welcome anyway.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:52 pm
Ares says...

Welcome Prio.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:49 pm
Wiggy says...

Pri to the o!!!! How's it goin' in your neck of the woods? I see it's been awhile since ya joined-how do you like it? Hopefully you'll have found it like I have-the members are awesome, the crits are constructive, and the community here is amazing!!!!!!!

I'm Wiggy by the way, current insane member of YWS. I love everything about this place, and I'm sooooo glad you're here! *huggles* Just pm me if you have any questions or just want to talk. I'm on here all the time!

Happy writing!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:49 pm
aeroman says...

Welcome Prio!

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:18 am
Chandni says...

We're allways up for new story writers :) Welcome !!
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey