z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone!

Reviews: 2
Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:33 am
WritergirlAD says...

:D Just thought I would stop in and introduce myself. Don't know much about the site, but it lookes great so far. Is there a portfolio or somewhere I can add pieces of work? I'm probably just looking in the wrong place :oops:

Anyway, I'm also on writing.com, but I'm looking for a more personalized community, one in which people actually *gasp* read my work and critique it.
Thanks a lot, and feel free to email me. {don't know if it is or not, but my email should be on my profile!}

:D :D
I'm too lazy to go look up a quote in my favorite book.

Reviews: 2
Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:36 am
meanderingthru says...

Yay! Another new person! ^____^ Hey there. I'm Loren, and from what I've seen here it's a spiffy place.

To post your stuff, go home -> board navigation -> literary -> the genre you're posting, and then hit "new post." I'm assuming, anyway. Haven't done it yet, myself, though. :)

Hope you have fun here. ^^

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:53 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome! I haven't been here very long myself. (Barely two days) But I'm having a lot of fun. And I even got a nice critique of my story ^_^

People are relatively nice around here. Just if you specialize in poetry, be prepared for Incandescence's reviews. If he thinks your poem is trash, he will tell you. Though, if he thinks its good, you probably should go celebrate. :lol:

Hope you have fun around here! Feel free to PM if you like!

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:53 am
Poor Imp says...

Welcome to the site, Writergirl!

YWS is, in fact, a place where what's posted is read and is--wonders of wonders--critiqued to Hades and back. ^_^ You'll get lots of reading; and enough comments.

And as to portfolios: Go to the button at the top of your screen--it reads "Literary"; the forums there are marked by genre, Fantasy, Other, Romance, etc. and if you post in one of them, your piece will show up in your "portfolio".

If you've got any (more) questions, the FAQ tends to be helpful. Feel free to PM me, any of the mods, either with a question or with a request for a critique.

^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:02 am
Snoink says...

Yeah, and as you post in the literary forums, you'll get your own portfolio, so don't you worry about that! :D You can see everybody's portfolio by clicking on this picture:

which is located beside each of our names in our posts.

Have fun! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:10 am
Shine says...

Hey welcome to the site!

You will surely get loads of reviews on your work.Enjoy!

-Ani.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:54 am
Myth says...

Welcome!

I'm Myth! I'm here to help so let me know if you want anything critiqued. :mrgreen:
.: ₪ :.

'...'

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:38 am
Cassandra says...

Hey there, and welcome to YWS! Be sure to PM me if you have any questions or need a critique, kay? :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:18 pm
Wiggy says...

Writergirl! You have a username similar to mine, so you're already a friend! *hands chocolate chip cookies* How are ya?

I'm Wiggy, current insane member of the YWS community-the awesome place where there are great people, great times, great writing, and great critiques! What do you mostly write?

I love your avvie btw-seals are soooo cute! :D

If you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to pm me! It's soooo awesome that you're here, and I really hope that you enjoy yourself! *huggles*

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley