z

Young Writers Society

Ahoy there...!

Reviews: 2
Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:36 pm
meanderingthru says...

I sat in front of my computer, trying to think up a flamoyantly dramatic and unique way of introducing myself to these boards and all who dwell in them, but alas, nothing comes to mind. So I'll just say hi.

I'm Loren, I write, and I'm 14. This being The Young Writers Society, it fits! There's lots of other stuff about me, obviously, but all of that is either irrelivant or will be revealed upon talking to me. :)

Feel free to come annoy/scare/hug me. And anything else you can think of. :P ... Well, not anything.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:22 am
Fand says...

Hm... annoy, scare, or hug. *Weighs options* *hugs meanderingthru!* Welcome to YWS, and don't worry--we're really not as crazy as we seem. Usually. If you have any questions, feel free to PM (private message) me!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:25 am
Cassandra says...

*hugs* Hullo there, and welcome to YWS! I *points to self* am fourteen as well! And what do you know; I also like to write! Kooky, eh? ;)

And. I like your avvie. :D

PM me if you need a critique/have any questions. I can't wait to see your work around the site!

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:36 am
Poor Imp says...

Welcome, Meandering. ^_^ Your inclusion of the words flamboyant and dramatic give your entry some flare by themselves, you know...very apt for a writer.

If you've got any particular questions, feel free to PM me. THe FAQ can also clear up simple difficulties. ^_^

Anything in particular you tend to write? Poetry/prose? Fantasy...?

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:37 am
meanderingthru says...

*is hugged* Thanks. ^___^

You guys aren't as crazy as you seem...? Aw, I was kinda hoping for some insanity. Oh well. :P

I write pretty much anything. Not at the same time, of course. :) Right now I'm working on a novel, but I have only about 7k done... maybe I should say "starting" a novel. I also do poetry (commonly turned into lyrics for my band), and short stories.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:40 am
Cassandra says...

Erm...well, there are some crazies about us, they just don't seem to have posted in this topic yet. O.o

Look around the site and you'll find them, trust me. ;)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:56 am
Poor Imp says...

meanderingthru wrote:*is hugged* Thanks. ^___^

You guys aren't as crazy as you seem...? Aw, I was kinda hoping for some insanity. Oh well. :P

I write pretty much anything. Not at the same time, of course. :) Right now I'm working on a novel, but I have only about 7k done... maybe I should say "starting" a novel. I also do poetry (commonly turned into lyrics for my band), and short stories.

Wait for the inimitable Wiggy for enthusiasm and insanity. ^_~

A novel though? Ah, I've tinkered with that myself; haven't gone quite to the end. ^_^ You'll have to post some thing so that we can read and critique--'tis YWS tradition.

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome to the YWS. You are very eloquent in the way you type, by the way.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:31 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! We like to [s]eat new members for breakfast[/s] [s]eat kittens[/s] meet writers!

heehee, Cass? Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a --

* Someone (Jack aka Firestarter and Imp) drags Mesh away and locks her in the mod forum until she's sane again*

Where was I.. oh yes! Welcome! If you have any quesitons, feel free to ask!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:32 am
meanderingthru says...

I must say, I am quite disturbed - yet intrigued! - by the subliminal messages I am finding on this forum. *eyebrow quirk in Meshugenah's direction* :P

Yeah, I will have to post some of my stuff. Assuming I can find something I'm willing to post, of course, heheh. Snippets of the novel-project I could dare to part with, I suppose. Ah well, we'll see.

Well, I definately will be off searching for the crazies.

How I love those crazies.

Oh yes, and thanks for the welcomes, all. ^____^

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:04 am
Snoink says...

OMG! KITTENS!

I mean... um... welcome. And you'll probably hear that a mysterious group called SPEW eats kittens whenever somebody doesn't critique, but I am here to tell you that THIS RUMOR IS NOT TRUE.

*slurps up whisker and runs away*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:06 am
Shine says...

Hey welcome to the site!
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:57 am
Myth says...

Boo! I chose to scare you!

Hello! I'm Myth! Lover of fantasy, historical fiction and most things creepy. As my subtitle suggest, I'm a twisted critic, PM me if you need critiques. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:02 pm
Prosithion says...

welcome, Meandering. You seem remarkably like Imp in your speech.(It is a compliment)

Again, welcome.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:15 pm
Wiggy says...

Poor Imp wrote:
meanderingthru wrote:*is hugged* Thanks. ^___^

Wait for the inimitable Wiggy for enthusiasm and insanity. ^_~

A novel though? Ah, I've tinkered with that myself; haven't gone quite to the end. ^_^ You'll have to post some thing so that we can read and critique--'tis YWS tradition.

IMP

Ye vant crazies-here I am!!!!!!!!! *charges in with loud crashing cymbal entrance*

So meandering-wuzzup? I'm sooooo glad you're here!!!!! Seriously, it seems like you're doing great so far-you've got a cool username, a great taste in writing, and you like craziness? What a better combination than that? XD

But, introductions, introductions. I'm Wiggy, otherwise known as WW5 (not World War 5), WL5, WL, WG, Wigster, writingluver, writingluver5, Mary, Mar, and of course....*drumroll* Wiggy! That's what everyone calls me anyways. :D I love historical fiction, and pretty much all other genres besides horror. (I HATE scary movies!) R.L. Stine and I were never buddy buddy...:shock:

So, if you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to pm me! I'm on here constantly, and I know you soon will be too-it's addicting. :D

Now can you tell I'm hyper?

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity