z

Young Writers Society

Fresh meat!

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:36 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Hullo. Thought'd I do the polite thing and introduce myself seeing as how I've only signed up moments ago. I'm shapeshifter_luna, but you can just call me Luna. Less difficult to remember and faster to type.

Hope to enjoy myself in these forums and hopefully get off my lazy butt and post a few things of my own work. If you review my work, I'll review yours. And if you do ever get around to reviewing my work. Be HONEST. But not cruel, we have enough cruelty on this planet wouldn't you agree?

And that's my intro. Hope you have a good day and get lots of cookies. Or at least something sugary. If your dieting or a diabetic, at least something tasty.

<3

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:41 pm
Meshugenah says...

Fresh meat, eh? All the better [s]for me to eat[/s] [s]feed to the kittens to fatten them up for eating[/s] that you introduced yourself! The name's Bek, but i go by Mesh in these parts, usually.

Oh, yes! Review some, and then post your work! What do you write?

Oh yeah! Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

72 Reviews

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:54 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Dark horror. Dark romance. Basically anything with a dark depressing theme to it. I don't really get why, I'm not an unhappy person by any means.

Violence is also a speciality. Yay violence!

Please don't feed me to your cat. Or my own cat shall be very cross.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:18 pm
Poor Imp says...

Don't mind Mesh's talk of cats...it goes along with complication and an anomaly called SPEW. ^_^

Welcome to YWS! Violence and depression? Oy. It is an odd thing that the most well-adjusted, pleasant people write darkly; writer's empathy and imagination, I suppose ^_^

Anyhow, I hope to see your things posted. If you've got questions, the FAQ is/are helpful; so are the mods (Mesh, apparently, above). And feel free to PM me or others any time if you need a critique/comment on your work. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Fresh meat? Continuing with the [s]we eat newbies for breakfast[/s] we love all newbies theme, then?

Welkomen! I'm Jack, I'm an admin, I post way too much, and I'm on this site far too much.

Don't worry, we won't feed you to any cats, because generally we like to eat kittens, who don't usually take to digesting whole human beings.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

72 Reviews

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:21 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Oh good. I had never pictured my demise as catfood, I always thought a nice dramatic flourish would be to be nibbled to death by ducks. Albeit, a rather long and grueling one.

I do have a question since this staff is so keen on helping a simple noob as myself. You upload your work where exactly? I can't seem to find the area to do so.

Either that or I'm just inept at reading FAQ's.
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:23 pm
Poor Imp says...

luna_the_shiekah wrote:Oh good. I had never pictured my demise as catfood, I always thought a nice dramatic flourish would be to be nibbled to death by ducks. Albeit, a rather long and grueling one.

I do have a question since this staff is so keen on helping a simple noob as myself. You upload your work where exactly? I can't seem to find the area to do so.

Either that or I'm just inept at reading FAQ's.

Go to "Literary"--ought to be a button/link at the top of your screen. Then post under whichever genre your piece fits under best. Fantasy, Other...Romance.

Clear and helpful?...
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:25 pm
Meshugenah says...

You just post it! See the button-thing at the very top of your screen that says "Literary"? Click on that (not the "interactive" part, though, that's something else). On that screen, you'll see a forum for poetry, one for fiction, and one for everything else. Then, just put your work where it fits best! Start a new topic, same as you did, here.

Eh.. what Imp said.
Last edited by Meshugenah on Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:26 pm
Firestarter says...

Listen to the wise words of Mesh and Imp.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

72 Reviews

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:30 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Thanks! It should be posted fairly quickly. I'll post here and let you know. Then you can decide if you'd be kind enough to review it ^_^ Or at the very least read it.

*Goes off to explore this odd uploading sytem*
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

72 Reviews

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:47 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Allright. I got my first story up. Read and review! ^_^ Please and thankyou!

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?p=141230#141230
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
just call me shameless.

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:22 am
Fireweed says...

Hi Luna! Welcome to YWS, it's a great site. You seem cool. I'm going to go read your story now.

-Fireweed
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:26 am
Cassandra says...

Huh. I haven't welcomed you yet.

Welcome to YWS, Luna! PM me with any questions you have, and enjoy yourself!

:D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:10 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome Luna. :D

I just had a cinnamon roll...So no cookies for me.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:09 am
Myth says...

Hey Luna!

Welcome! I like dark stuff too, not killing or pools of blood but sinister airs and worlds where creepy things are actually quite normal.

If you need a critique let me know. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson