z

Young Writers Society

Good Afternoon!

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:42 am
Kel says...

The only thing I'm needing an unbiased critique on is my NaNo in Dec! It's harder to find someone to critique a novel that's 50,000 words. :(
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:45 am
Fishr says...

Try finding someone to crit over 100,000 words of an unfinished novel, LOL!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

46 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:23 pm
Kel says...

Good luck! XD I wouldn't mind trying it in December, if you'd like. What genre is it?
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:40 pm
niteowl says...

O.M.G. I am a horrible gift-giver. I could've sworn I'd posted one on here, but I guess I didn't, as I just read this entire thread and can't find it. So...here you go. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:

EDIT: I just realized why I thought you had a gift. You just so happened to be at the top of the page where I posted my first gift in a loooooooooong time last week in the "Welcome New Members" thread. So now you don't have to share.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

46 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:00 pm
Kel says...

^^ Thank you for the gift, niteown! The elephant's kinda creepy, though. :T

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:09 pm
Cassandra says...

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

[s]Bwahaha. We like scaring newbies.[/s]

I mean, niteowl, stop scaring new members! ;)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:17 pm
Dream Deep says...

I think we may all be deranged... o.O

*looks askance at Cassandra and Niteowl*

Anyway! I have not welcomed you, for which I should be summarily shot. Apologies, greetings and salutations. :wink:

Above all, welcome, and I sincerely hope that you have as fine a time improving this place as we have wrecking it. ^_~

*bows and runs*

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:25 pm
View Likes
Cassandra says...

Deranged? I perfer "different" or "unique"!

Okay, okay. "Disturbed" might be accurate as well.

Frightened yet, Kel? ;)

How's your NaNo coming, by the way?
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 pm
Snoink says...

If it makes you feel better, I've found people here that would gladly critique all of my 125K novel. O_o

Just critique and stuff and you'll find plenty of people who want to grab your stuff. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:59 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Well, if you're looking for someone to critique something.... what if you offer a swap? For every 1000 words of your work that they critique, you critique the same amount of theirs... think that'd work? ;)

Anyway, I'd love to chat anytime if you'd like to share your NaNo wisdom. Feel free to pm me, e-mail, msn, whatever...

So what's your plot so far...? I'm intrigued. Oh, and you said your name on the site is Toast, right? I'll have to look you up.

And, um... as I haven't said it yet...

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

See ya round,

Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

46 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:44 pm
Kel says...

Cassandra: :cry: Huffalumps and woozles!

DD: A few curtains, a couple of throw pillows... and it'll be great! It's already great, but it'll be tidier? And thank you!

Cass again!: You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake! But you are a deranged writer. :D My NaNo has its own thread in the NaNo forum. Take a look and weep for me!

Snoink: I'm just horribly lazy. :( I guess I need to get up offa my thang if I want others to do the same!

My plot? Oh, my plot. I'll put that in my thread about being sick of my story, Kay! :D Go over and take a look and I'll meet you there! That way, I don't clog all this up with NaNo junk.

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler