z

Young Writers Society

Good Afternoon!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:33 am
View Likes
Wiggy says...

Hey Kel!!!!!!! I'm Wiggy, and II'm oober glad you're here! Another NaNo freak...yay! :D

Fantasy is pretty sweet, but I'm a historical fiction buff myself. :D

I'm Catholic too! We seem to have a lot in common, eh? Just pm me if you want to talk or need any help on the site! Great to have ya here, Kel. *huggles*

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:05 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome to the YWS! I like your cats' names. :D

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:59 am
Myth says...

Hey Kel!

Welcome! I'm sure everyone has made you feel at home. I'm Myth (you can pretty much guess what interests me!). I love fantasy and also historical fiction. Let me know if you want anything critiqued.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:04 pm
Prosithion says...

hello...
Did you by any chance read The Faded Sun Trilogy?
I was just wondering if that was where you got your name?

Anyway, Hello, greetings and salutations. Welcome to the site. I will be looking for some stories of yours.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:10 am
Kel says...

How could I miss all of this?!

To start from the bottom...

Prosithion: I think I have one of those books. My name comes from my real name, actually. Only shortened. :)

Myth: THank you! I might take you up on that in December. ;)

Wiggy: That would be great! Feel free to add me to any instant messaging system created that I happen to have!

Thank you all for your welcomes. It really has made me feel warm and ... well ... welcome!
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:31 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Hey Kel,

Great to see you here. I go by CL or Cal, and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

See you around hon,
Cheerios.

CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

46 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:19 am
Kel says...

Cal, I love your avatar to pieces!! What a great shot! You know Burton loved to squirt him with blood because it grossed Johnny out? Hilarity!

Thank you so much for your warmth, Cal. :) What a nice place!
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

214 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:06 pm
Prosithion says...

AAHHHH.... I see. Cool, regardless

46 Reviews

Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:18 pm
Kel says...

Thank you so much!

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:44 pm
Fishr says...

Howdy!

I just read your scarecrow story, and I enjoyed it very much. It was quirky, vivid and unique. Good work!

*hits head* Oh yeah, I guess this where I'm supposed to say "welcome" or "enjoy your stay" or something witty, lol. Anyway, I'm a Christain myself - Prodistant but *coughs* I'm not a regular. So really, I put the faith to shame, :oops: Whoops!

I've written in most genres, except fantsy, so I may call on you for help one of these days. :) However, if you decided to dabble in the other areas, I can help to the best of my ability. I'm also one of the crazed, history fanatics running freely, whereas I probably should be locked up! :lol:

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay!

See? I didn't forget. ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

214 Reviews

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:08 am
Prosithion says...

you are welcome so much.

46 Reviews

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:55 am
Kel says...

Fishr: Thank you! Those are really high praises for such a short story. I'm so glad you liked it. My husband inspired me by one simple conversation.

"What shall I write about?"
"Hm... scarecrows."

And off I went.

Oh, that's okay. I'm no stickler for faith. :) Be what you want!

Oh, history. I didn't like history while learning about it in school! I fell asleep in US History in college, to be honest. :oops: If I need help, I'll know upon whom to call. I adore fantasy. I can make (almost) everything up!

Thank you, Fishr!!!!

I had to. :lol:

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:17 am
Fishr says...

Hehe... Uh... I remember in high school in my Sophmore year, I used to "nap" in history class.

The stupid teacher always woke me up by slamming his keys right next to my ear - the jerk! Hey, I was passing with an A-. What did he care?? :lol:

Oh, that's okay. I'm no stickler for faith.
Thank God! Some Christains I meet are narrow-minded, and it bothers me. It's funny too because once the debate is over (whatever that may be), I'm like, "Oh by the way, I'm Christain too," and the responses are priceless, LOL! Like slack jaws for starters, hehe...

Oh, don't mention it. If I praise work, it's genuine. Otherwise, I'm chasing the writer with an invisable red pen! That, and I'm "pushing them" harder, which in the past has irritated them, LOL!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

46 Reviews

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:21 am
Kel says...

Waffles: I can't believe I skipped over your post! D: Thanks about the cats. I'm sure they're purring with delight. <3

Fishr: Hahaha. I've been accused of apathy toward religion, so it's all cool. :3

Chase me! If there's something wrong, please point it out!

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:11 am
aeroman says...

Hey! Well we've actually already met through chat, but I thought I'd just give your topic an official welcome! I've already enjoyed talking to you and hey, if you ever need a critique just let me know! See ya around!

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain